The humble sandwich

2»

Comments

• jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    Allergic to avo, DDD, or does it sound a bit too healthy for you? ;)
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Too healthy, yeah.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Fried egg (GOT to be soft in the yolk) and Hash brown sandwich with HP sauce

God. I'm hungry now
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    Lamb, mint sauce, touch of gravy and a little stuffing. Thin white bread with salty welsh butter.
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    mudcow007 wrote:
    a smoked bacon sandwich on doughy white bread with a good ol glug of spicy sauce like this

oh an the sandwich has to be cut into two triangles because everybody knows sandwiches taste better in triangles

supercalifragilistic!

I love Busha Brown's! But my favourite hot sauce is Neville A. Edwards, of St. James, Barbados - not seen it for sale in the UK as of yet. In general, Bajan hot sauce is the best.
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    The king of sarnies has to be a stottie cake filled with honey roast ham and peas pudding
  • Boabym
    Boabym Posts: 22
    Slice and Tattie scone (Scots will be nodding in approval)!
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Several of the above but also for quick & simple - crisp butties.

Thick really soft fresh bread, no butter and decent crunchy salt & vinagar crisps.

Ye cannit get vexed & yes I know I'm a philistine :wink:
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    First off - gotta be with home baked bread, ideally still warm from the oven, then either:

1: Rare cold roast beef, liberal amount of horseradish and a leftover Yorkshire pudding. Warm up any leftover gravy and drizzle before adding the top.
    2: Proper salami, 2 good thick slices, Emmental, cornichons, mild french mustard. Toasted until the cheese melts.

Butter with both 'natch.

Noms.

You are such a tart. :lol:
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    edited May 2011
    My two top sandwiches:

1. Classic club. Three slices, Lightly toasted. Bread, warm chicken thigh, maybe a chicken oyster, dijon mustard mayo, lettuce, more bread, warm back bacon, lightly smoked, fresh vine ripened tomato, another thin spread of mayo, bread.

2. Christmas lunch. White bread, turkey, turkey gravy, sausage wrapped in bacon, sliced lengthways, thinly sliced roast potato, cranberry sauce, streaky bacon, mayo, bit more gravy, sliced parsnip, white bread.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Greg66 wrote:
    2. Christmas lunch. White bread, turkey, turkey gravy, sausage wrapped in bacon, sliced lengthways, thinly sliced roast potato, cranberry sauce, streaky bacon, mayo, bit more gravy, sliced parsnip, white bread.

Your heart must be ticking like a fcuked clock after that.

Quality sarnie.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • welkman
    welkman Posts: 396
    I think that 'why do sandwiches taste better cut in triangles?' would be an ideal question to send in to New Scientist, if they haven't already addressed it.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    cjcp wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

Your heart must be ticking like a fcuked clock after that.

Quality sarnie.

Forgot the stuffing!

Fcuked clock is about right. Reminds me of that ad when I was a kid: "one more for the King!" Boomboom, boomboom, boomboom ...
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • gareth1234
    gareth1234 Posts: 107
    what a faff, what's the matter with ham and tomato?

Then doing something worthwhile with the hour you save on making the sarnie?
  • Libraio
    Libraio Posts: 181
    Toasted mais (corn) bread, eggs, cheese, fried bacon and Helman's Mayonaise... Too bad I don't have any Helman's in the fridge right now. I do have P and J though :D
    The Commuter: 2009 Trek District
    The John Deere: 2011 Van Dessel WTF
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    cjcp wrote:
    First off - gotta be with home baked bread, ideally still warm from the oven, then either:

1: Rare cold roast beef, liberal amount of horseradish and a leftover Yorkshire pudding. Warm up any leftover gravy and drizzle before adding the top.
    2: Proper salami, 2 good thick slices, Emmental, cornichons, mild french mustard. Toasted until the cheese melts.

Butter with both 'natch.

Noms.

You are such a tart. :lol:

I did wonder when someone was going to go all metrosexual and say they put wild rocket and oak smoked mole in ciabata . . . . .

someone said they put avocado in a sandwich - how? Avocado comes in burds shampoo doesn't it - why would you put that in anything?

my effort . . .

I was captured at home a couple of days ago by a bloke from hull flogging fish from teh back of his van . . Funny guy, did a proper job on me - net result I now have a LOT of fish to eat so . . .

Halibut in a white roll with Horseradish (strong - hurts the soles of your feet horseradish) and mayo . . . .

Oooogh . . . . .

Fish butties.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Mr Sworld
    Mr Sworld Posts: 703
    When drunk... Anything in the fridge between bread is the king of sarnies... :oops: