So what you wearing ...?

2»

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,387
    The real question should be - single or double vent?

I'm very prejudice about vents, and it won't be a good suit if you have the wrong one as far as I am concerned.

If you've got a big old ass to hide then double vent, if you're tall and slim (comme moi) single breasted, single vent...

No big old ass here, but I've always thought that a double vent copes better with sitting down than a single vent.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Dress down friday: jeans and Wacky Races t-shirt.
    Normally smart trousers and a shirt.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    WFH today - baggies and T-shirt
  • dodgerdog
    dodgerdog Posts: 292
    Man at Q&M for me. Makes life very easy. :D
    Allez Triple (hairy with mudguards) - FCN 4
    Ribble Gran Fondo
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    RL Chinos, open shirt and deck shoes or brogues for normal days. Dark blue HB suit or dark grey RL suit for top end meetings.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Clare_M
    Clare_M Posts: 68
    I work with teenagers mainly during the holidays so at these times I dress like a PE teacher in sports stuff, pumps, shorts, T-shirts etc. For the office in term time, if I'm not visiting anywhere - schools, social services etc. then I will go smart-very casual. I can wear jeans and often do, even in schools where it's a nono, but I want to stand out as somebody different :D
    I was a fatty, then I took up cycling and can now eat cake guilt free!

"Triples are for girls" My Husband, 2010. (Evidently not for this girl though!)
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Suit trousers and shirt. Like Buns, there's nothing between that and scruffy stuff in my wardrobe. Chinos and smart trousers would complicate my life.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Nik Cube
    Nik Cube Posts: 311
    Work trousers, polo shirt and steel toe capped boots. So much nicer than the corporate wear when I was a bank manager!
    Fcn 5
    Cube attempt 2010
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Depends on the day, most days I wear jeans and a top, if it's monday or thursday I tend to be in uniform ready for cadets that evening as I go straight to the unit from work (have permission from my management at work to wear uniform, one is an ex bootneck which helps and I'm not in a 'customer facing' role so no problems)

Today, in uniform (god CS95s are so sexy....not :shock: ) at work, but going to a training weekend at midday and couldn't be arsed to carry around a change of clothes. :)
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Oh and chaps...us ladies genrally do like a man in a good fitting suit.

May I suggest a black, single breasted suit with shirt and tie, a good black leather belt (sorry but trousers without a belt just looks unfinished!) black shoes and black socks.

Shirt wise, either white or black, tie...knock yourself out on the choice of that but let it be known cartoon ties say one of two things, either your kids brought it for you and you are humouring them or you brought it for yourself and you want people to think you have a sense of humour when in fact you are a boring tit of an accountant with all the personality of a thrice used tea bag. :roll:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    You could put me in the finest suit Saville Row has to offer, and I would still look like a photocopier salesman from Rotherham!
    Graham.
  • soundninjauk
    soundninjauk Posts: 333
    I'm in film/post-production and similar things in Soho, so if I were to wear a suit I'd be both massively impractical, and I'd also stick out like a sore thumb. Unless I was in sales perhaps, which I'm not.

So jeans and a t-shirt for me. Shorts if it gets too hot, hoodie if it's chilly.
    FCN - 10
    Cannondale Bad Boy Solo with baggies.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    I may have the shape for a suit, But for work it's a no no.

it would not cope with the cleaning and the work I do, plus I'd look more than a little over dressed.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Shirt and trousers to work, mainly 'cause I want to. I don't really wear t-shirts that often anymore, although with no air con I will be in shorts and flip flops if things really get hot. Since turning 30 I prefer to be decently dressed most of the time whether at work or not.

Only have to wear a suit for client meetings, which means I can be picky about suits/shirts/shoes and ties and buy decent stuff. Although having just had a suit/shirt made for my wedding, I think my days of buying OTP suits are over.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Graham. wrote:
    You could put me in the finest suit Saville Row has to offer, and I would still look like a photocopier salesman from Rotherham!
    Graham.

Really?

A proper shave, neat haircut, a good suit, good shirt, and inoffensive tie, good shoes and anyone can look like they mean business, and expensive business at that.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    NGale wrote:
    Oh and chaps...us ladies genrally do like a man in a good fitting suit.

May I suggest a black, single breasted suit with shirt and tie, a good black leather belt (sorry but trousers without a belt just looks unfinished!) black shoes and black socks.

Disagree. Black suits are for funerals, evening events or wannabe FBI agents. And as for wearing a belt, a decent suit shouldn't even have belt loops - the inference being that if you need a belt, the suit doesn't fit properly.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    ^^

Never wear black unless it's a DJ.

Dark charcole - yes. Black, no, no no.

Looks very cheap and goes shiny very quickly.
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 358
    Heavy weight combat style trousers and matching navy blue polo for 'down time' at work then flouro orange overalls and hi-vis jacket for when out dodging trains.

DOnt really have a uniform though so have been known to go to work in anything from shorts/t-shirt through to suit.
    FCN 7

FCN 4

if you use irrational measures to measure me, expect me to behave irrationally to measure up
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    Graham. wrote:
    Graham.

Really?

A proper shave, neat haircut, a good suit, good shirt, and inoffensive tie, good shoes and anyone can look like they mean business, and expensive business at that.

Well yes, that's quite probably true, but let me tell you.....It ain't going to happen!
    And as regards the hair, I'm 53 and I still have all mine, unlike my collegues, and I intend to grow it untill it's long enough for me to sit on! :twisted:
    As Ever. Graham. :D