Castelli Free Aero bibshorts.

2»

Comments

• Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    I have L and have now bought M to make sure. Will send one back. The Castelli size charts say M the Ribble size charts say L for my height. 5-10.5, 32" waist.

I'm the same dimensions and large are a perfect fit. I found medium way to small.
  • paggnr
    paggnr Posts: 101
    I always go with the chest and waist for Castelli
    Cheers
    Pagey
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    I have L and have now bought M to make sure. Will send one back. The Castelli size charts say M the Ribble size charts say L for my height. 5-10.5, 32" waist.

I'm the same dimensions and large are a perfect fit. I found medium way to small.
    You were right and they were even more see through for being stretched so much.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Ive just sent back a "Small" and im 5ft 6 with a 32 inch waist,im currently waiting for a medium to be delivered as the small was too tight....
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    paggnr wrote:
    I always go with the chest and waist for Castelli

Aye, deffo an XL for me in their shorts. We'll see what the jerseys are like when they delivery my Garmin Cervelo in Large tomorrow!
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • upperoilcan
    Im 5ft 7ins tall with a 32 " Waist.....

I will be sending back my 2nd pair this morning due to sizing..i have tried the small and the medium both of which come up too tight,the medium was a better fit but squashing my crown jewel's flat to the point that my missus commented that i had now "become a woman"....

I will now be ordering a large to see if i can get a proper fit as these are lovely short's

Anyone else finding the sizing guide with these a little "off" ?
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Found the sizing absolutely spot on :?

I now no longer have a pair after mine had to be cut off me in hospital on Sunday :(

Can't afford to replace them either. (or my brand new helmet, prescription sunglasses, jersey, base layer)... :(
  • Gazzaputt
    Always order one size up with castelli.

With most clothing manufacturers I'm a medium but I always order Castelli in large.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    NapoleonD wrote:

I now no longer have a pair after mine had to be cut off me in hospital on Sunday :(

Can't afford to replace them either. (or my brand new helmet, prescription sunglasses, jersey, base layer)... :(

We need pictures :wink:
  • upperoilcan
    NapoleonD wrote:

Sorry to hear that fella,hope nothing too serious ? here's to a speedy recovery..
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • Anonymous
    3x fracture to collar bone, hairline fracture to T9 vertebrae. Covered in bruises/roadrash. End of right middle finger had to be glued back together...

Tbh, I won't be needing a new pair as I've sacked riding.
  • upperoilcan
    Jesus Christ mate.....

Sounds like you didnt mess about....

Take up base jumping as it sounds like it might be safer for you !!!!!!
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    NapoleonD wrote:

Sorry to hear that fella,hope nothing too serious ? here's to a speedy recovery..

+1
  • Gazzaputt
    NapoleonD wrote:
    3x fracture to collar bone, hairline fracture to T9 vertebrae. Covered in bruises/roadrash. End of right middle finger had to be glued back together...

Tbh, I won't be needing a new pair as I've sacked riding.

Bloody hell :shock:

What happened to sustain injuries like that????
  • Anonymous
    Got taken out in a race on Sunday. Long story. Theres been one thread locked (called I've had enough in amateur race) and another that was started about the fact that that one had been locked... (called thread locked- had enough)
  • kfinlay
    kfinlay Posts: 763
    Nap, You ain't having much luck fella! Not had much luck myself but not nearly as bad as you are just now. Hope you get better soon and get a chance to get out on a ride sometime - no training or racing - just a cycle to get back to basics and enjoy the bike.
    Really hope heal okay but what about the important stuff . . . . how's your bike? :wink:
    Kev

Summer Bike: Colnago C60
    Winter Bike: Vitus Alios
    MTB: 1997 GT Karakorum
  • Anonymous
    Don't give a sh1te about my bike to be honest, never thought I'd say that. Turbo only for me now just to keep fit.
  • kfinlay
    kfinlay Posts: 763
    Understandable considering what you've been through. Concentrate on getting better then see how it goes from there. Hope work understands too.

I was p!$$ed off after enduring a 100 mile sportive in the cold and rain thinking why am I doing this but completed it as a challenge to myself. I was not in a great way after that and my bike was broke but ridable for the last 40 miles (damaged wheel bearing I discovered later). Two weeks later I'm back on the turbo with bike fixed and planning more cycling but just to get out with the group I ride with not fussed about training for sportives etc (had ideas of some time trialling too). Get out ride and enjoy is my plan.
    Like I say nothing compared to you but hope you get the urge to get back out and ride when you feel better mate.

You've been a mine of info to me (and I'm sure others) on this forum and I've really appreciated it. Keep yer pecker up and I hope your luck gets better soon
    Kev

Summer Bike: Colnago C60
    Winter Bike: Vitus Alios
    MTB: 1997 GT Karakorum
  • Anonymous
    I've been here before. Last time was two years ago when I came off at over 40mph, was lucky to escape with a shattered right leg. My attitude then was much more positive, I.e. How soon can I get back on my bike?...
    I got a concussion in dec having cone off on black ice and had another lucky escape with only muscular damage/road rash coming off in the little mountain time trial.
    Sunday was the last straw. I have a 10 week old, a 4 and 7yo and now a jeopardised career. It's not worth it.

That said, if I was going to ride again, it'd be in Castelli Aero Race shorts!
  • benjboy
    benjboy Posts: 258
    kfinlay wrote:
    Understandable considering what you've been through. Concentrate on getting better then see how it goes from there. Hope work understands too.

I was p!$$ed off after enduring a 100 mile sportive in the cold and rain thinking why am I doing this but completed it as a challenge to myself. I was not in a great way after that and my bike was broke but ridable for the last 40 miles (damaged wheel bearing I discovered later). Two weeks later I'm back on the turbo with bike fixed and planning more cycling but just to get out with the group I ride with not fussed about training for sportives etc (had ideas of some time trialling too). Get out ride and enjoy is my plan.
    Like I say nothing compared to you but hope you get the urge to get back out and ride when you feel better mate.

You've been a mine of info to me (and I'm sure others) on this forum and I've really appreciated it. Keep yer pecker up and I hope your luck gets better soon
    I agree you have been a great source of information :) .Now just take time out get better enjoy the family and you will then know if you will get out on the bike again.I have a pair of stablisiers in the shed to help you get started again :lol:
    Keep the chain tight all the way.
  • Anonymous
    Are they Chinese carbon stabilisers? Tubular or clincher wheels?...
  • benjboy
    benjboy Posts: 258
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Are they Chinese carbon stabilisers? Tubular or clincher wheels?...
    British made all the way from Halfords Crewe :lol::lol::lol: .Will not crack or break but you build them yourself .Do not trust halford to do a good job :twisted: . Ah that could be a good posting to start :twisted: .By the way you can join me on the sick I am off with cracked ribs from work again,Assaulted again 3rd time :( .
    Keep the chain tight all the way.