CrudPoll on The Black Stuff

Raymondavalon
Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
edited May 2011 in The Crudcatcher
So today someone at work goes to the shop and asks if we would like anything
I ask for a can of Coca~Cola. I then emphasise it must be a can.
Anyway, he returns armed with two 500ml plastic bottles, so I binned them as I hate Coke in any form of plastic bottle, it tastes shyte. I prefer tins or glass bottles.

This led to a debate as to whether this is psychological barrier or there is actually a difference in taste. The voices in my head insist there is most certainly a difference in taste and my tatstebuds second this fact...

So.. for all you full sugar Coca~Cola consumers out there, which do you think is better

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    tastes better in a minge.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • clodhoppa74
    clodhoppa74 Posts: 331
    tin = rubbish
    plastic = rubbish
    glass = win

although it's psychological - both the tin and plastic are coated to not contaminate the drink, it's the way they feel in your hand and how cold the can or glass feels compared to plastic. i reckons.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Can't stand full sugar, it leaves my teeth feeling like they've been sanded down. With regard to the tin/ bottle argument, I think the metalic taste of the tin in your mouth changes the cola flavour slightly but when dispensed into a glass it all tastes the same to me
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    some dude in a bar in hollywood last year was tellin me how coke from mexico (not the white stuff) taste better as it is less carbonated and its a different type of sugar, it cam in plastic bottles and therefore tasted like the sweat from a bull scrotum on a warm day of shagging!

i from cans or glass bottles over a shed load of ice, and im talking full cup of ice with coke poured over it!

the guy you sent to the shop, tell him to go back and get you a CAN of coke, f-ing lazy cnut!
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    it is best out of a recylced glass bottle in africa, properly delicious stuff.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Anyway, he returns armed with two 500ml plastic bottles, so I binned them as I hate Coke in any form of plastic bottle, it tastes shyte. I prefer tins or glass bottles.
    If you'd have done that to me, I'd have punched you in the face, then raped you with the plastic bottles, whilst explaining that you could always pour it into a glass, you small minded, angry little twat.
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    ice cold glass bottle - the only way
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Only one i can taste a diff is with a glass bottle otherwise can's taste like tin and bottles like plastic :p
  • Raymondavalon
    If you'd have done that to me, I'd have punched you in the face, then raped you with the plastic bottles, whilst explaining that you could always pour it into a glass, you small minded, angry little fool.

Or died trying....

Anyway I had paid for them, so it was no financial burden to the photographic memory individual who forgot in a flash that I did want cans...
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I think its to do with how much air you take in when your drinking it, with a can you breathe in air while your drinking so the smell gets up your nose and it tastes different to a bottle, where the smell isnt passing over your nose, not breathing in as much air. Also maybe the temperature of the metal against the temperature of plastic?
  • I never really thought about it but i do prefer it out of a can. I just rarely get cans cos the bottles always seem to be better priced.

It doesn't really bother me tbh, it still makes your teeth feel like shite.

Pepsi max all the way...
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    what a coincedence. i'm drinking some right now, over ice in a glass, it's my 3rd one now actually... should avoid the dentist for a while really
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    jay12 wrote:
    what a coincedence. i'm drinking some right now, over ice in a glass, it's my 3rd one now actually... should avoid the dentist for a while really

Don't worry about the dentist too much as you'll still have all your baby teeth.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • sheepsteeth
    Aggieboy wrote:
    jay12 wrote:

Don't worry about the dentist too much as you'll still have all your baby teeth.

nice
  • jay12
    Aggieboy wrote:
    jay12 wrote:

comment_corner_door.gif

says it all :|
  • Anonymous
    I think Jay12 is becomeing a rebellious little tweenybopper! I bet he's listening to rowdy rock music like "busted" as well :lol:
  • jay12
    I think Jay12 is becomeing a rebellious little tweenybopper! I bet he's listening to rowdy rock music like "busted" as well :lol:
    dubstep is where it's at 8)
  • phz
    phz Posts: 478
    north-sure wrote:
    Pepsi max all the way...
    This.

Been drinking it so long now that all other colas just taste like liquified horse shite.

slainte :shock: rob
  • montevideoguy
    montevideoguy Posts: 2,271
    jay12 wrote:

Do you buy dubstep CDs with your toothfairy money?
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy
  • jay12
    jay12 wrote:

i don't buy cds
  • Anonymous
    Sod coke and other colas anyway. Old Jamaica ginger beer is where it's at. The stuff is awesome. Even awesommer with some whisky.
  • montevideoguy
    montevideoguy Posts: 2,271
    jay12 wrote:
    jay12 wrote:

i don't buy cds

All you young kids and your technology. Just think, by the time you're reach high school you'll be able to share your music with older teenagers :wink:
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    coke/pepsi/dr pepper taste 5hite whatever you put it in.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Raymondavalon
    jay12 wrote:
    jay12 wrote:

i don't buy cds

Nope in Poland vinyl and compact cassette are still "high tech"
  • jay12
    jay12 wrote:
    jay12 wrote:

i don't buy cds

Nope in Poland vinyl and compact cassette are still "high tech"
    i don't live in Poland :lol:

some of you people are more stupid than i thought, even for my standards.... :wink:
  • it is best out of a recylced glass bottle in africa, properly delicious stuff.

Agreed, it's like a completely different drink to what we get here.

The stuff they sell in Sri Lanka is also pretty awesome, I'm not sure, but I *think* they may sell the SAf Coke there.

I used to know a lad who worked at the Coke bottling plant in Wakey. Not sure if there is any truth to it, but he told me it costs Coke 1p to make an entire Pallet of the stuff. Obviously, there are distribution costs and stuff on top, but still, a penny.
  • sheepsteeth
    the stuff in africa costs about 7 p a bottle, i know stuff is more expensive here but honestly, the price of fizzy pop over here is ridiculous.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    in hong kong they give you it in a plastic bag with a straw
  • in hong kong they give you it in a plastic bag with a straw

That wasn't coke :shock: :lol:
  • Anonymous
    in hong kong they give you it in a plastic bag with a straw
    Same in Guyana as well, apparently.