Gordon Brown

2»

Comments

• tebbit
    tebbit Posts: 604
    And it happened before that in the late sixties early 70's, leading to mortgage rationing in the late 70's early 80's, its cyclical including credit stupidity with each generation thinking they aren't going to make the same mistake.
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    He did a great job stabilising the economy (not just domestic but international leadership too) after the international financial collapse. I dont think people realise just how bad things could have gone - indeed could still go - if a different set of policy decisions had been made.

In that respect he'd be a good choice as head of the IMF (although in saying that i dont agree with most of the neo liberal economics that the world bank and IMF promote!)

lol.gifpukeface.gif
    He royally screwed the economy first. You'll be telling us next, that getting Charles Manson to pronounce on Climate Change would be a good idea!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    And I suppose none of you ever made a mistake

:wink:

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    I make at least one everyday, but I'm reasonably sure they don't screw up many people's lives for many years to come :wink:
  • BarryBonds
    BarryBonds Posts: 344
    nyom nyom
  • Cressers
    Cressers Posts: 1,329
    Well now cameron has put down a marker it remains to be seen if he follows through.

The chances are that an american will be in charge, as they usually are.
  • BarryBonds
    BarryBonds Posts: 344
    i thought it was a frenchman in charge currenty;