As long as it's Black

RideOnTime
RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
edited April 2011 in The bottom bracket
Jersey fashion 2011 seems to be black, grey, grey and black etc. Exoskeleton, heart and lungs I understand - they stand out - look it's a cyclst - I must not go over with all 6 axles.... but plain black and grey is surely useless.......

Comments

• jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    What?
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Northwave?

And Jim, the correct response is WTF?!

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • jim453
    What?
  • DIESELDOG
    Get with it!

WTF!

Love n hugs

DD

• jim453
    WTF!?
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    edited April 2011
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Jersey fashion 2011 seems to be black, grey, grey and black etc. Exoskeleton, heart and lungs I understand - they stand out - look it's a cyclst - I must not go over with all 6 axles.... but plain black and grey is surely useless.......

Yes I agree, cycling clothes should be brightly coloured (doesn't have to be florescent) so riders are visible on the road. To design black clothes for cyclists is just crazy. The companies/retailers must lose money due to lack of sales or reduced prices.

assos-ss13-short-sleeve-jersey-black-48733.jpg

£114.99
    RRP (£169.99) | Save £55.00 (32%)
  • RideOnTime
    Black with a hint of flourescent yellow, green, pink at the very least.
    Yes, Northwave.. cool stuff. like it.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Jeez, next they'll be making black cars and kerbs will be grey!
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Seriously though, and all joking aside as this is a serious subject, WTF?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,801
    jim453 wrote:
    What?

Now you hear it from someone else :wink:
  • To design black clothes for cyclists is just crazy. The companies/retailers must lose money due to lack of sales or reduced prices.

But black is so slimming, dahling. Surely EVERYONE has a classic "little black number" in their wardrobe?

(or is that a "little black number two" after a nice bottle of red..... :oops: )
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • FocusZing
    To design black clothes for cyclists is just crazy. The companies/retailers must lose money due to lack of sales or reduced prices.

But black is so slimming, dahling. Surely EVERYONE has a classic "little black number" in their wardrobe?

(or is that a "little black number two" after a nice bottle of red..... :oops: )

What?

Sorry!

WTF?
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    does it matter if you dont have black hair to match the glasses and top?
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/sharks/sc ... lothes.htm

If you wear black you are more likely to be eaten by a shark so its hardly safer is it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-visib ... Bicyclists

"A 2009 Australian study found that fluorescent vests were not a significant improvement on black clothing at night"
  • FocusZing
    edited April 2011
    rake wrote:
    does it matter if you dont have black hair to match the glasses and top?

Don't be factious! Here's an example of a "cycling safe" prodigy:

tumblr_li28210YKf1qzt33ko1_400.jpg
  • snailracer
    snailracer Posts: 968
    http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/sharks/scuba/clothes/clothes.htm

If you wear black you are more likely to be eaten by a shark so its hardly safer is it?
    A hunting shark looks up from below and sees its prey backlit by the starry sky above, which is why many night fishing lures are black. However, a car does not have the same vantage point as a shark.

"A 2009 Australian study found that fluorescent vests were not a significant improvement on black clothing at night"
    So it does say that there is an improvement during the day, right?

On a very dark night, I agree fluorescent is barely distinguishable from black or any other flat colour, but that is why there are "reflective" materials.
  • FocusZing wrote:
    To design black clothes for cyclists is just crazy. The companies/retailers must lose money due to lack of sales or reduced prices.

What?

Sorry!

WTF?

You mean you've never looked at the colour of what comes out the rear chute after a bottle (or two) of red vino collapso?

What?

I mean

WTF??

(alternative explanation is kidney failure, in which case it's blackish-green :shock: )

Man, is this waaaaaaaay OT :twisted:
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • Stewie Griffin
    snailracer wrote:

A hunting shark looks up from below and sees its prey backlit by the starry sky above, which is why many night fishing lures are black. However, a car does not have the same vantage point as a shark.

On a very dark night, I agree fluorescent is barely distinguishable from black or any other flat colour, but that is why there are "reflective" materials.

A black float is easier to see on a bright day than a bright coloured one.
  • orbeaorca
    orbeaorca Posts: 246
    FocusZing wrote:
    RideOnTime wrote:

Yes I agree, cycling clothes should be brightly coloured (doesn't have to be florescent) so riders are visible on the road. To design black clothes for cyclists is just crazy. The companies/retailers must lose money due to lack of sales or reduced prices.

So black cycling clothing must lose companies/retailers money due to a lack of sales???
    Do a little research into the success of Rapha, whose collection is mainly based on black with white highlights.
  • DIESELDOG
    snailracer wrote:

A black float
    is easier to see on a bright day than a bright coloured one.

Float or floater?

Just a thought...

Love n hugs

DD

• snailracer
    snailracer Posts: 968
    snailracer wrote:

If you cycle across large expanses of water, then go for it.
  • Stewie Griffin
    snailracer wrote:
    snailracer wrote:

If you cycle across large expanses of water, then go for it.

I obviously meant while fishing. :shock:
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    These black front lights are definitely the thing to be seen with.

35w-blacklight-uv-torch.jpg

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • FocusZing
    orbeaorca wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:
    RideOnTime wrote:

So black cycling clothing must lose companies/retailers money due to a lack of sales???
    Do a little research into the success of Rapha, whose collection is mainly based on black with white highlights.

rapha-ride-2.jpg

rapha_winter_jersey_front_l.jpg

It's madness I tell thee!
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    What is the point of the above photos?

All I can see is a country road and a corrugated door :?

:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • FocusZing
    daviesee wrote:
    What is the point of the above photos?

All I can see is a country road and a corrugated door :?

:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

I'm liking your style! I can tell your the kind of cyclist who adorns cool bright* kit.

A good example! This time a sensible young lady enjoying the country roads, happily looking at the trees:

couple_cycling_along_country_road_27and0030rf.jpg

* - "Emitting or reflecting light readily or in large amounts; shining" not black "Being of the color black, producing or reflecting comparatively little light and having no predominant hue"
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    FocusZing wrote:
    I'm liking your style! I can tell your the kind of cyclist who adorns cool bright* kit.

I really must make my sarcasm more Hi-Viz :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • FocusZing
    edited April 2011
    20090722_LVC_GRP.jpg
  • RideOnTime
    How do you insert a picture ?[/img]
  • FocusZing
    RideOnTime wrote:
    How do you insert a picture ?[/img]

[ i m g ]http://www.prendas.co.uk/images/full/20090722_LVC_GRP.jpg[ / i m g ]

This is an example of the image in the above post (I've added spaces between the brackets so the syntax can be seen). Just copy an paste the link to the picture you want to show between it. If the image doesn't appear when you've posted it, edit the post and check it.