The Lecht!

Stevie2wheels
Stevie2wheels Posts: 85
Hi, well happy today, so happy I'm sitting with an ice cold beer!

Managed to climb the "Lecht" (Located in the Cairngorm region of Scotland) today from the north side! Climbed it without stopping and with 39x28 gearing.

It's a complete dog of a climb. I managed it from the north side up. The climb starts at a gradient of 20% for a km or so. It then eases up for a short stretch then ramp up a gain to the ski centre. Beautiful climb on a beautiful day. Legs are paying for it now though.!

I did the Bealach Na Ba last year, although that was harder due to length, I reckon the Lecht is up there with the best.

Stevie.

Comments

• badly_dubbed
    badly_dubbed Posts: 1,350
    im cliimbing it twice back to back non stop in september for chas :)
  • dgstewart
    dgstewart Posts: 252
    It is a bit of a climb, and very steep in sections. Our club's "Falling Leaves" 100 miler in October last year went over the Lecht from the south and on to Tomintoul for a quick lunch stop, then back over Lecht again from the North, then over the Gairnshiel for good measure!

There is an open Sportive being organised by our club on 21st May which takes in a number of climbs - the Suie, the Carbrach (Rynie to Dufftown road), then the Lecht (from North) and the Gairnshiel. Details are given on www.deeside.org, if you're interested.

Not sure what the level of organisation will be re. feeds stops etc, but it's only £12 for the 100 miler.