Help me with my bladder

2»

Comments

• Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    + potatoes for use, rinse, freeze.

For those that have cracked the tube when it is frozen - just run it under the cold tap before you start fannying about with it too much.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • nwmlarge
    nwmlarge Posts: 778
    goes straight in the freezer, gets a quick rinse if it hasn't been put away straight after a ride
  • milfredo
    milfredo Posts: 322
    Atz wrote:
    I don't clean mine. Never have in the 4 years I've had the camelbak and I'm not dead (yet).

I think I went 5 before using energy drinks... now the first few sips on a ride tastes like sick if it's been left but dem da breaks :)

A nice little tip is to use half a Milton tablet and then I use a bent in half coat hanger to open the bladder to dry out.
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    I've had my Camelbak for 4 years and just rinsed it and hung it to dry in a dark cupboard, more lately I froze it.

It was fine, but now there is green algie in the tube :shock:

So, Ill get some Milton and see if it helps, if not, I'll have to buy a new tube :roll:
    Richard

Giving it Large
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Get the milton fluid. You can make very strong concentrations of it then. It got rid of some proteinous hairs growing in mine, ugh :x
  • colt
    colt Posts: 173
    Here you go, although tbh never used anything like it myself, might occasionally throw it in the freezer if I can be bothered, as I only ever fill it with squash I normally I just swill it out with a bit of water before I fill it back up.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/bladder-c ... t-3961832/
    Trek Fuel EX8 Rootbeer, mmm beer!
  • ralph1471
    ralph1471 Posts: 92
    i cant help the desire to put in my 2 pennies at this late stage of the thread.

+1 For RINSE FREEZE REPEAT

has worked for me for about 16 months, have just used milton fluid (£2 for a litre, of which you need half a capful - much cheaper than camelbacks overpriced tablets) in it to be safe as i sometimes leave it out of the freezer for days out of sheer lazyness.

also, doesn't a reservoir that you can unzip sound like a quick way so a bag full of soaked belongings? id rather keep my camelback one thanks!
  • Maldini
    Maldini Posts: 3
    off topic a little but how do you get rid of the awfull taste from a new bladder, i brought 1 a couple of years ago and it put me off using it.
  • Anonymous
    A new one shouldn't have any taste to it :?
  • PXR5
    PXR5 Posts: 203
    Fill it with something alcoholic instead of water, any left will simlpy evaportae away - most microbes don't seem to like alcohol... Thouigh red wine does stain it a bit...

Otherwise wash with lots of water, shove the plastic tube back inside to help keep the bag open and let air circulate and hang outside upside down or over radiator to dry....

Bin doing this for 2yrs and no poisoning noticed yet...
    Every time I go out, I think I'm being checked out, faceless people watching on a TV screen.....
  • Anonymous
    "something alcoholic" won't evaporate away any more than water would. The alcohol will evaporate, but things like wines, and even spirits are a long way from being pure alcohol.