Bike for a burd, advice wanted

2»

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    My local recycling shop had a Mixte in about 4 months back, absolute gem with high end components, still kicking myself now for not getting it and allowing someone who would really apreciate it buy it instead of the usual sort of person who visits!

You're the sort of person who visits, so you could be preventing someone like you from buying it.
    LOL, actually collecting my Daughter who volunteered there at the time, learnt her Bike mechanicing skills building the bikes then got her jot at Halfords off the back of it.

I have an old British Eagle double energy absorber she could try but I'm a long way from the smoke.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I have to say a massive thank you to Adonmall. Tracy 'The Burd' bought his bike at a VERY reasonable price and she really likes it.

She doesn't realise how good a bike it is and what a bargain she's got, but I do and I really appreciate it.

I took her for a spin around my local park and taught her how to use the gears and how to use the QR skewers.
    She got the hang of changing up the gears when she wants to go faster and down the gears for the up hill bits. Now she just has to get the hang of not braking on every decent, remember to not ride in the door zone and to keep clear of the inside of HGVs and she'll be all set.

Once again. Big thanks, Adonmall
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • ADonmall
    ADonmall Posts: 12
    Hey, your welcome, glad she likes it. It's better than sitting in a garage unused.
  • EKE_38BPM
    Bump!

Quite literally!

Just found out (from Facebook) that the Burd has fallen off of her bike and has broken her ankle in three places. She is having surgery today (probably pins, but only I'm guessing).
    The Burd wrote:
    Fell off my precious bike loool, c u never should have found that for me lol
    The fact that she is still calling it "my precious bike" kind of suggests she has been bitten by the bug, but I wonder if she will get back on it again?

I don't know what happened yet, so I'll keep you posted. I also thought it was a bit too soon to ask how the bike is. That is fine for us guys on here, but I think it would make me look a bit callous to her.

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    OUCH, sounds nasty (and ankle not the ubiquitous collar bone!) but if she's still calling it the precious bike I guess its a good sign, especially as she appears to have retained a sense of humour.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    looool is pretty inexcusable though.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    looool is pretty inexcusable though.

No - 'c u' is inexcusable!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • EKE_38BPM
    I don't even bother trying to correct her spelling and grammar. It winds me up, but I let it go.
    e.g.
    The Burd wrote:
    broken my ankle in 3 plasce! need to have sergery today
    I imagine her English teacher at school ran out of red ink when marking her homework.

I found out that she did it mounting a kerb.

It does sound like she still loves the bike so will probably be back on it again when she can. I hope so.

• richVSrich
    richVSrich Posts: 527
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    The Burd wrote:
    Fell off my precious bike loool, c u never should have found that for me lol
    The fact that she is still calling it "my precious bike" kind of suggests she has been bitten by the bug, but I wonder if she will get back on it again?

Depends if she was using a Gollum-like voice or not I guess :P

my precioussssssss

edit: but hope she recovers soon!!