Amstel Gold

2»

Comments

• PieterM
    PieterM Posts: 167
    andyp wrote:
    Try Lookmumnohands on Old Street, it's a cycling cafe that tends to show the big races.

Thanks, mate. I'll check it out.
    European Cycling Trips: http://bikeplustours.com
  • Oz Chief
    Oz Chief Posts: 176
    Reading through past winners,
    Vino, Di Luca & Schumacher.

Whatever happened to Schumacher? Is he back soon?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Oz Chief wrote:
    Reading through past winners,
    Vino, Di Luca & Schumacher.

Whatever happened to Schumacher? Is he back soon?

He's been riding for the Miche team since the middle of last season.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    ... and it looks like Eurosport is ........ not showing it!
    www.dotcycling.com
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    2.15-4pm on HD and British Eurosport I think. Not sure how much of the race that will end up catching - anyone know what time the race is likely to finish - hopefully as close to 4pm as possible.

Not Flanders or Roubaix coverage I know but not too bad - the all day coverage of Flanders and Roubaix is probably a bit too much to ask for every race nice though that would be.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    There's live streaming through the website (www.amstelgoldrace.nl) from 13.00 CEST but it's in Dutch.

Race schedule says they will finish around 16.50.

Steve
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    pottssteve wrote:
    There's live streaming through the website (www.amstelgoldrace.nl) from 13.00 CEST but it's in Dutch.

Steve

Watch the sporza coverage.

Dutch commentary on anything is sh!t.

It's just like watching ITV football commentary, only, they think they're in a bar knocking back fluitjes.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Evans is missing Amstel Gold with an injury to his quadricept...
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    pottssteve wrote:

Steve

Guessing that will be euro time, 15:50 BST?????

Also for those that want a more indepth look at climbs and gradients the guy who does the website I write waffley blogs for as done a smart interactive profile/map of the race.

http://teamskyfans.com/amstelgold.html
  • pottssteve
    mr_poll wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:

Steve

Guessing that will be euro time, 15:50 BST?????

Also for those that want a more indepth look at climbs and gradients the guy who does the website I write waffley blogs for as done a smart interactive profile/map of the race.

http://teamskyfans.com/amstelgold.html

Yep, that's 15.50 in the UK.

So far this afternoon I've seen BMC, Sky and Rabobank riders poddling around outside their hotel. The Rabo riders borrowed a tandem from the hotel and bombed off into Maastricht for a coffee! :lol:

Got to love those crazy Dutch. 8)
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    pottssteve wrote:
    The Muur seems a little steeper!

I ride up the Cauberg sometimes (I don't like it much, it's quite a busy road). It's not that hard, only the middle 200m or so are tough-ish. However, it does bend a bit near the finish so riders can save a bit of distance by taking a line on the left of the road as they go up, though this would make it a little steeper.

Steve
    Go for a little ride to Whee about 70 Km's away and see if you can ride the Muur du Huy. (Hoei).
    Probably bring water to your eyes that one but if you make it to the top then you are " Fit "..
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,559
    Anyone know of a pub to watch it in/near Liverpool?

Not for me, I'm in Copenhagen and have Eurosport :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Steve, looks like we have swapped places... now you are in Europe and Im in Asia... Watch out for my comments on Eurosport via Harmon :D Enjoy tomorrow!
    www.dotcycling.com
  • peterst6906
    peterst6906 Posts: 530
    pottssteve wrote:
    So far this afternoon I've seen BMC, Sky and Rabobank riders poddling around outside their hotel. The Rabo riders borrowed a tandem from the hotel and bombed off into Maastricht for a coffee! :lol:

Got to love those crazy Dutch. 8)

The Leopard Trek team was out around Valkenburg too, even during the Sportive event, though a couple of streets over.

Saw them cycling after I'd finished the 150km and headed back from the finish to the start.
  • pottssteve
    Hi emadden and peterst6906,

emadden,

Congratulations on your move to Asia! The time zone works out well there as many of the pro races will finish in the evening, Singapore time. :)

I don't get British Eurosport, I'm afraid. I usually watch the races on Dutch Eurosport or Sporza with a Eurosport feed for audio. However, I'll be out watching it live tomorrow and reporting for cyclingnewsasia.com. However, I hope you can get your name on the Giro etc!

peter - you may have ridden past me! I couldn't get onto the sportive as the website crashed, so I went for a solo ride this morning around Valkenberg, Gulpen, Mheer. Are you here for the race?

Steve