bad knees

greeny1
greeny1 Posts: 106
Hi guys, I seem to be getting a slight tenderness in my knee (right knee at the back and side) In the evening after rides. i have recently changed to a racing double 12-25 gearing on my new bike having used a triple on my old bike. I wonder is it because im pushing too higher gear rather than spinning in an easier one? I feel ok doing this and still keep a pretty high candence even if there is more resistense. Or could it be somehting to do with my cleat allignments? Or am i just pushing too hard as the week ive been averaging 50-60miles a day as I have had some holidays to use and made the most by getting out and cycling. Maybe im jsut being a hypochondriac but any thoughts would be usefull. Cheers

Comments

• Posterior knee pain could be a number of things. Hamstring, popliteus or even meniscal. More likely hamstring as it separates and attaches onto various points. Have you been stretching regularly?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410
    Posterior knee pain could be a number of things. Hamstring, popliteus or even meniscal. More likely hamstring as it separates and attaches onto various points. Have you been stretching regularly?

+1. Try stretching your glutes, quads and hamstrings and at least you can eliminate that as a possible cause if it doesn't help.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • greeny1
    greeny1 Posts: 106
    This will prbably sound silly but i must admit i never stretch. I will try it and see if it helps. Cheers guys
  • Shaun20
    Shaun20 Posts: 218
    Did you change your chainset? Is the crank arm length the same as your triple? If niot then you are effectively highering or lowering your saddle height. Or could be a setup issue with your new bike.
  • ut_och_cykla
    ut_och_cykla Posts: 1,594
    New bike set up... perhaps. Sadel height most likely - or reach to bars. Comapre with old bike if you can.