Noob Question

JohnCleland
JohnCleland Posts: 172
Could someone explain what the difference is between Brisk and Pace. :?

A simple answer for a someone simple would be great, possibly in relation to max HR or effort would be great,

thanks

Comments

• Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    eh?
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    Could someone explain what the difference is between Brisk and Pace. :?

A simple answer for a someone simple would be great, possibly in relation to max HR or effort would be great,

thanks
    brisk is an adjective used to describe the intensity of the ride (i.e. quick) whereas pace is a noun meaning the rate of movement

Brisk = quick, Pace = rate of movement

The two words are not on the same scale, so I don't understand why you want someone to explain the difference between them
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    Yes you could say ride at a brisk pace, or fast pace etc.

A brisk pace could mean anything really, and I would struggle to relate to a HR, hence why I think these terms are too vague to gauge effort by. I could a very brisk pace with very little effort with a tailwind, but it would be a very tough ride into a headwind.

Find out about HR zones and what sort of training you are required to do in each to get the adaptions you want.