2010 S-Works Stumpjumper Carbon HT

The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
edited June 2011 in Your mountain bikes
035wiw.jpg

Frame: S-Works SJ FACT 10M carbon, carbon drive and forged disc dropouts w/ disc mount and replaceable derailleur hanger (with KCNC BC Bolts)

Forks: Specialized Future Shock S90, 90mm travel, Brain Fade, rebound adj., single sided air spring and damper, carbon 1-1/8" to 1.5" steerer

Bars: 2010 RaceFace NEXT SL 31.8mm
Stem: KCNC 31.8mm OS SC-Wing stem with aftermarket Red Faceplate
Headset: 1-1/8" to 1.5" Threadless, Campy style, cartridge bearing
Grips: KCNC
Bar Ends: KCNC
Bar Plugs: KCNC

KCNC aheadset adjuster for carbon forks.

Front Brake Lever assy: Avid Elixir CR Carbon
Front Caliper: Avid Elixir CR Carbon
Front disc: 160mm Avid G3
Rear Brake Lever assy: Avid Elixir CR Carbon
Rear Caliper: Avid Elixir CR Carbon
Rear Disc: 160mm Avid G3
Hoses: Avid Standard

Avid Matchmakers

Shifters: SRAM X0
Cables: Jagwire with Red Allu ferrules and Goodridge Teflon inners
Front Mech: XTR M970
Rear Mech: SRAM X0 (with Ceramic KCNC Jockey wheels)

Seat: San Marco ASpide
Seat Post: S-Works PAVE Carbon
Seat Post Clamp: S-Works

Cranks: XTR M970 with KCNC Chainring Bolts
Chainring(s): XTR
Chain: KMC X10sl Gold and Ti
Cassette: XTR
Pedals: 2011 Crank Brothers Eggbeater 2
Bottom Bracket: Custom Shimano BB-91, OS, press-in bearing

Other info. All the bolts/screws on this build are Titanium or Alluminium, none of that nasty rusty steel business...

Wheels: Shimano XTR M975 tubeless (centerlock, running KCNC 6-bolt adapters in red)

Bloddy nigh-on cost me £4k in total.. :oops: :?

Weight approx 21lb.

010ep.th.jpg
011rn.th.jpg
012pz.th.jpg
013jw.th.jpg
019en.th.jpg
027dzu.th.jpg
033oa.th.jpg
034nna.th.jpg

020cf.th.jpg
031xj.th.jpg
036ghc.th.jpg
030qf.th.jpg
009smd.th.jpg
014sat.th.jpg
015lj.th.jpg
016vi.th.jpg
017kv.th.jpg
020oz.th.jpg
022dh.th.jpg
026xqg.th.jpg
029xr.th.jpg
031mv.th.jpg
032gg.th.jpg
035wiw.th.jpg
036bq.th.jpg

Comments

• toby_winkler
    toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
    Wahey! about time ;)

Very nice indeed! I bet it absolutely flies.
  • The Big Cheese
    It's an absolute ROCKET, so light and responsive and feels remarkably strong. These were taken just after it was build, may ditch the flat bars and bar ends and go for some S-Work carbon riser instead, these are doing my back in.... :lol:
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    Finally! :lol:

Lurrrvelly that is mate!
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Scalpel_79
    Scalpel_79 Posts: 147
    nicely done

saddle though is a PAIN IN THE A.S- literally! I could not stand my own
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Lovely, I'm very jealous, so how does the weight of this compare to the marin?
  • The Big Cheese
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Lovely, I'm very jealous, so how does the weight of this compare to the marin?

Heavier, but feels quick as you like.... ;)
  • Lovely looking build man, glad to see you got it built up finally, seems like milleniums ago when you posted you were getting the frame!
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Looks good! The S-Works bars aren't light, nor particularly cheap, wouldn't be my choice!
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Very very nice Mr Cheese! 8)
  • *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185
    may ditch the flat bars and bar ends and go for some S-Work carbon riser instead, these are doing my back in.... :lol:

S-WORKS Prowess Carbon XC Riser Bar

Seen these in the flesh, they're lovely !

Very nice Mr C, liking that a lot 8)
  • The Big Cheese
    Not sure what to do now TBH, may persevere with the NEXT bars, they are really nice quality and very light, the S-Works bars look nice, but is it worth me spending another load of cash (and lose money on selling the others) without giving them a few more hours saddle time?
  • The Prowess bars are absolutely lovely to look at, and from my mate who rides with them, also lovely built as well.

I'd say stay with what you've got, and then consider swapping another time. No sense wasting cash now!
  • jakeeeeeee
    jakeeeeeee Posts: 270
    JEALOUS :o :twisted:
  • Nice.. I like those wheels!

but, I did prefer the Marin!
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    looks very nice, but those pictures don't do it justice :P
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    i tried flat bars and bar ends on the enigma and they were awesome for climbing and very very scary going downwards, thought id try them for a bit of retro nostalgia but it was an expensive lesson in realising that things move on. nice bike but lots of scope to lose weight especially on the saddle, post and wheels, reckon a set of stans mmx rims built with sapim cx-rays on some tasty red light hubs would look amazing. a set of formula r1's would be sweet too. this bike could weigh lots under 20lbs with not much effort. heard somewhere that stans are bringing out some ano red rims.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • Xgreygoose
    Xgreygoose Posts: 371
    Very nice Mr.Cheese 8) Looks quick.
    I think your cables/lines maybe could do with a trim or not.

pastey_boy wrote:
    heard somewhere that stans are bringing out some ano red rims.
    Project 321 are doing them http://www.project321.com/products_bike-stans-rims.php
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
    Cannondale Flash Ultimate 2010
    Cannondale Scalpel Factory Team 2010
    Cannondale Scalpel Factory Team 2009
  • The Big Cheese
    pastey_boy wrote:
    i tried flat bars and bar ends on the enigma and they were awesome for climbing and very very scary going downwards, thought id try them for a bit of retro nostalgia but it was an expensive lesson in realising that things move on. nice bike but lots of scope to lose weight especially on the saddle, post and wheels, reckon a set of stans mmx rims built with sapim cx-rays on some tasty red light hubs would look amazing. a set of formula r1's would be sweet too. this bike could weigh lots under 20lbs with not much effort. heard somewhere that stans are bringing out some ano red rims.

LOL, the saddle is only 150gr ;)

I weigh 14+ stone so any stupidly light wheels would fail under that heft... this also prompted me to go with the Eggbeater 2's as they are more robust under the strains that I put my bikes through, it's light enough for me... the XTR wheels are gorgeously constructed, and I was most impressed with the way they handle and perform :)

This build isn't about being uber lightweight, and I have the exact kit I want on it, without going too far down the 'weight weenie' route..... I am not 10 stone soaking wet unfortunately :(
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    how did you get round the bottom bracket interface? did you have to get an adapter for a regular BB?

looks ace by the way.
  • The Big Cheese
    how did you get round the bottom bracket interface? did you have to get an adapter for a regular BB?

looks ace by the way.

The frame comes with a Shimano BB-91. This let's you run shimano/RF cranks without the need for an adapter. You just use it instead of the HTII BB..
  • sheepsteeth
    cool and the gang.
  • njee20
    As long as you can get replacements. We had people waiting 6 months for a new one when their bearings went! Unique to Spesh, Typically!
  • The Big Cheese
    njee20 wrote:
    As long as you can get replacements. We had people waiting 6 months for a new one when their bearings went! Unique to Spesh, Typically!

I may order one now just in case :lol:
  • njee20
    Probably not a bad idea to be honest!
  • mmm very nice :) I'm picking up a used stumpjumper cf expert frame tomorrow, will post some pics on my own thread when it's done :) get it weighed so we can compare as I have alot of different components going on mine, looks a good, build!
  • The Big Cheese
    New bars (EC70)
    New grips (Specialized Rocca - not too heavy actually!)

That's it for now, may lose the read topcap and stick either the Spesh one that came with the frame or a nice M-Part carbon one I bought.. :?

img00038201104121129.jpg

img00039201104121130.jpg
  • sheepsteeth
    does your bar have metal inserts inside it for the clamps on the grips?

i know my ritchey ones did.

if so, you might fine you have the grips on the wrong way round.

if there are no inserts, it makes no diference.

ps, i love those grips, if they did them in green, id have another set and that set up looks superb.