2»

Comments

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    hmbadger wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    daviesee wrote:

We actually had a conversation last week where he thought the maximum speed for a bike, ie terminal velocity, downhill; is around 15 mph! Incredulous doesn't cover it.

Really? He's not aware of any cycling whatsoever? tour de france, olympics where the uk won a significant amount of gold etc etc
    [pedant] GB & NI, not UK.[/pedant]
    I agree with you though. Crazy!!

Put him on a road bike and see what he's like then. Probably brakes on downhill straights with no traffic!

I think the formal team name is GB and NI but so what, the nation is UK, so I'd say the phrase wasn't inaccurate.

Though why I'm bothering to reply I've no idea! :)

Cause as usual I'm right, I appreciate being backed up... Eke back to your fail thread :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    How do you define the ones that keep going at the same speed regardless ? I regularly pass one guy who nods along at the same speed and doesn't stop for anything - red lights, pedestrian crossings, etc
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    How do you define the ones that keep going at the same speed regardless ? I regularly pass one guy who nods along at the same speed and doesn't stop for anything - red lights, pedestrian crossings, etc

They're not nodders, they're nobbers!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386

Then there are the other guys. You know the type. In their 60s on a touring bike that go the same speed regardless of slope.
    I often pass them on the flat thinking "good on you" only for them to silently pass me on the next hill. There is one guy in our club, a bit younger but nevermind, that always appears to be in the same gear, at the same cadence and yet maintains his place in the bunch regardless of gradient :shock: I don't know why or how but it really does my head in.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    TGOTB wrote:
    Is there a term for the people (typically girls riding excessively large bikes) who stand on the pedals, bodies bolt-upright, moving up and down in time with their pedalling?
    When they are Girls I would usually call them sexy - don't know but it always seems to be more than moderatley attractive 'secretary type' s that do it. I'll now get the flame proof's on.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Pigtail wrote:
    Maybe I just miss out on the London centric threads..... :wink:

I was oot and aboot in Glasgow this morning (on foot) and was pleasantly surprised at the number of bikes on the go. I saw a few dodgy manoeuvres though - people playing with cars on the squinty bridge.

James
    I saw a nodder as I was driving through Grangemouth last night. The hill was only a hill because the road went over a railway line but he nodded his way up it.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    It'd be nice if ENGLAND had some self rule first :?

Nah, that would never catch on.... you will need some of us to keep and eye on you. :wink:
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"