Rude rider Cannock chase

shx8000
shx8000 Posts: 222
edited April 2011 in MTB general
I've managed to get the missus into riding(mountain biking). She's making good progress and last week completed a skills course up the chase. So I'd just like to thank the tosser that was doing follow the dog yesterday, for trying to pressure her to get out of his way on the berms just before the road before the bit of track heading to the weireolf drop.
You don't own the trail and there was nowhere for her to stop safely, you're a bully, trying to buzz her back wheel, and when she started to panic and stopped, you didn't even say thank you.
You will know who you are and I hope you're embarrassed by your disgusting actions. You will also know who I am, as I was taking pictures of people doing the weireolf drop. You got off and carried your bike down. Nice leggings by the way lol.
Hopefully you read this forum.
Sorry for the rant guys, but this guy was acting like an arse.

Comments

• getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    fair enough, hope he gets what's coming to him. No need to try at 'buzz' her back wheel or anything else. Just ask,"can I get through?" and wait until your missus had somewhere acceptable to stop and let him pass.
  • LMFAO at anyone who clearly thinks they're awesome and then needs to get off and carry their bike down weireolf. :lol:

You should post a pic of the offender so we can all lol!
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    :lol::lol::lol: so awesome he cant ride the weirwolf?!?! christ i do that thing at night for gods sakes, even when i forget to trun my lights to full power :lol: people like that do p!ss me off big time, a bit of politeness never hurt anybody, but acting like a total noob amd buzzing peoples tyres is potentially dangerous, i'd have d-locked the barsteward!!!
  • shx8000
    shx8000 Posts: 222
    I do indeed have a photo of the offender, just before he got off his bike.
    I'm surprised by how many people panic at weireolf drop, even experienced riders. I did hit it a bit fast yesterday, and bounced off the tree opposite, didn't slow too much and still had enough speed to hit the 2 little jumps. Lobe this section of the chase.
  • rybu
    rybu Posts: 84
    Post the picture, i get fed up of people like that. Shame him!!!
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    rybu wrote:
    Post the picture, i get fed up of people like that. Shame him!!!
    go for it
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Johnny Napalm
    Johnny Napalm Posts: 1,458
    I want to see his leggings.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    Anyone got any pics of that drop off? Or vids?
  • I've never ridden Cannock so did a quick YouTube search...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ_rY2a_4Wg

Honestly, he got off for that!!!

Post the pic and shame the rude incompetent fool.
  • yoohoo999
    yoohoo999 Posts: 940
    NEWSFLASH: Man encounters rude person. End of world now in sight. (In other news, something has happened in Japan, details to follow).

I can see why you would be irritated, but unfortunately we are surrounded by a world full of people like this.

Best to just deal with it at the time, or let things like this get to you and then eventually have a "Falling Down" episode, Michael Douglas style. :twisted:

Personally, I find shouting "c*nt" relieves 99% of any stress that may have built up.

But, if someone intentionally buzzed my girlfriends tyre, almost causing her an accident, I would have wrapped his leggings round his neck. I suspect most of the anger you now feel is because you didn't have the opportunity to have a quiet word with him.

ha ha, does anyone else think it might have been Lawman?! what bike was the guy riding? He maybe carried it down the drop because he hasn't got past the "please don't scratch" stage with the mojo yet. :lol:
  • yoohoo999
    yoohoo999 Posts: 940
    I've never ridden Cannock so did a quick YouTube search...

Oh my god.

That's not even a drop?! I'm confused. Surely it's harder to walk down that than ride it.
  • I've never ridden Cannock so did a quick YouTube search...

I think some people freak out because the gap between those trees at the top is fairly narrow.

(I say "fairly narrow", but in reality it's more than enough for a clumbsy oaf like me to get though with 785mm wide bars and still plenty of room on each side).
  • Johnny Napalm
    That's not even a drop?!

I have to admit that I was expecting more - the name conjures up a more intimidating image.
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • concorde
    Yeah that's not a drop is it. It's a slope! It says on the narrative it used to be a drop but now it's not really a drop any more.
  • Johnny Napalm
    Slightly-irritated poodle decline.
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    haha, that's pretty pathetic, more like 'werewolf rocky roller'? Not particularly challenging. I'd have just had a good laugh at him in front of his face and pointed it out to anybody else who may have been around at the time. Give his ego a good bashing.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • rubins4
    rubins4 Posts: 563
    Just to bring a bit of balance back to the world.....

I had some guy in a car pass me within inches as I headed home along a road the other day, having done so he pulls in tight to the kerb (despite there being a clearly marked cycle path) and starts slowing down for no apparent reason.

Anyway, I catch up with him at the next set of lights (there were about 100 meters down the road) and ask him what the hell he was doing??!!? 'Errr sorry, I didnt realise you were there, blah blah blah...sorry' At least he apologised I guess. I think he saw me and drove like that deliberately, because it was too shite a driving for it to be random, and he was just too much of a pussy to admit it.

What are you supposed to do with these sorts of people?? At least i got to have a bit of a go at him and he apologised.
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12613038
    Anyway, fk dis, I iz off 4 a ride innit. l8rz peepz
  • AFAIK, it did used to be a proper drop, but they filled it in a bit to make it rollable.
  • concorde
    rubins4 wrote:
    Just to bring a bit of balance back to the world.....

I had some guy in a car pass me within inches as I headed home along a road the other day, having done so he pulls in tight to the kerb (despite there being a clearly marked cycle path) and starts slowing down for no apparent reason.

Anyway, I catch up with him at the next set of lights (there were about 100 meters down the road) and ask him what the hell he was doing??!!? 'Errr sorry, I didnt realise you were there, blah blah blah...sorry' At least he apologised I guess. I think he saw me and drove like that deliberately, because it was too shite a driving for it to be random, and he was just too much of a pussy to admit it.

What are you supposed to do with these sorts of people?? At least i got to have a bit of a go at him and he apologised.

Catching people at lights is brilliant!!! Smacked him was an option. I remember once these toff students nicked our taxi and we were saying that's ours and the driver knew it was and when it pulled off the toffs start hanging out the windows shouting stuff, wanker signals etc etc. Lights 30 yards up road on RED! Yee haaa. I'll not mention what ensued as it's not big and it's not clever but when I was 20 I didn't really care :)
  • concorde
    AFAIK, it did used to be a proper drop, but they filled it in a bit to make it rollable.

Does make sense with the tree at the foot of it and the turn straight away as to drop it you'd need a bit more speed would probably end up in the tree more times than not.
  • OMG :shock:

What kind of tosspot tries to wheel buzz someone, then can't even ride down that little slope!

I'd have had a right go at him if he'd done that to me!

He sounds like a total bully and deserves to be shamed :evil:
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    I've never ridden Cannock so did a quick YouTube search...

I think some people freak out because the gap between those trees at the top is fairly narrow.

(I say "fairly narrow", but in reality it's more than enough for a clumbsy oaf like me to get though with 785mm wide bars and still plenty of room on each side).

.....and the angle...once you've done it once you wonder what all the fuss was about !
  • dont post it.

he can quite easly take you to court if you post pictures of members of public in a public place.

people have been sued many times via youtube and people being seen on videos.

sadly no matter how much of a arse he was you cant post his picture
    London2Brighton Challange 100k!
    http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners
  • pilsburypie
    pilsburypie Posts: 891
    Excuse my ignorance - is buzzing where you rub your front wheel on someones back wheel? Hence the buzz? :oops:

That sort of nonsense deserves a smack in the chops!
  • Well I'm the other half in question......Must admit I did mouth off in a very unlady-like fashion once I found a place for him to pass. I'm glad we never saw him in the car park, never seen the other half look so crazed!! lol

And no the moron hasn't put me off riding :D
  • andyrm
    andyrm Posts: 550
    What a cock! I hate that kind of thing.

We saw similar last year on a club ride with a solo guy intimidating new members. We let him get going and then a few of us in the faster group chased him (it was on local twisty singletrack we know and ride every week), ramping up the pace faster and faster until he made a mistake, took a bad line and pinch flatted, lost control and went into a bush!! Was rather gratifying to let him see what it felt like....

No excuse for a more experienced rider who should have some trail etiquette behaving like this.
  • TuckerUK
    TuckerUK Posts: 369
    dont post it.

he can quite easly take you to court if you post pictures of members of public in a public place.

people have been sued many times via youtube and people being seen on videos.

sadly no matter how much of a ars* he was you cant post his picture

Eh?

There is no right or expectation of privacy in a public place, and anyone (even children - shock horror) can be photographed legitimately and their picture posted. In the UK. In the US (land of the free?) of course this is not the case.
    "Coming through..."
  • Andyh4324
    Andyh4324 Posts: 58
    Is this sort of thing quite common at trail-centres? I was planning on visiting some when i do a bit of a road trip later in the year with my GF, but so far all we've been doing is XC which is great but some purpose made trails I thought would be a good experience.
  • Well I'm new to all this, I've been riding with my other half for about a month now and this is the first time its happened to me. I just glad it's not put me off a sport I enjoy and that we can do together.

I find it easier for him to ride ahead, he then waits at various point (not too far ahead). He has always said that if anyone is comind behind me, move into the side at a safe place where he could pass......The moron did get me worked up. But now my mission is to do the drop he couldn't do (well maybe in a few weeks time :wink: )