Anyone got any unusual or quirky hobbies?

Comments

• DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    I think I really ought to "come out" now.

Forgive me fellow Crudites. But I am/are, by all accounts, not my own account, allegedly, ver batim, per se, et al...(etc)

I'm a kitten killer. Well, that and the odd puppy. Anything warm and with a heart beat really. :twisted:

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I like to stroke caterpillars.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    I think I really ought to "come out" now.

Forgive me fellow Crudites. But I am/are, by all accounts, not my own account, allegedly, ver batim, per se, et al...(etc)

I'm a kitten killer. Well, that and the odd puppy. Anything warm and with a heart beat really. :twisted:

Love n hugs

DD

Don't worry it's not that stange, I'm training to do this for a living.
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    no strange hobbies

i'm fascintated by anything that flies, but thats what i do for a living
    bikes are pretty integral to everything and then photography!

I dont do slurry i'm afraid, only horses manure :roll:
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    mak3m wrote:
    lol two knife wielding maniacs stand opposite each other feet should width apart you thow the knife between their feet to leave it sticking out the ground, then bend and pick it up

if you fail you have to move your feet closer together
    Used to play that game as a kid. I still have all my toes. :)
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    mak3m wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    bails87 wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    joshtp wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    I enjoy eating out

:shock:

I mean in restaurants, although if you want to know the Bolton story..............

It doesn't matter where you do it, he's too young to be told about it!

for the love of god not the bolton story!!!!! :lol::lol:

mmmm intrest piqued

surely it cant be as bad as the lime and string image burned into my brain
    1091545-Evil-Ronald-McDonald-2.jpg
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    bails87 wrote:
    mak3m wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    bails87 wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    joshtp wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    I enjoy eating out

:shock:

I mean in restaurants, although if you want to know the Bolton story..............

It doesn't matter where you do it, he's too young to be told about it!

for the love of god not the bolton story!!!!! :lol::lol:

mmmm intrest piqued

surely it cant be as bad as the lime and string image burned into my brain
    1091545-Evil-Ronald-McDonald-2.jpg

dodododo I'm loving it
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • bails87
    I'm sure she was.

Only HOMBRES get to hear the story! :twisted:
    MTB/CX

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Well stop filling the crudcatcher up with it then!
  • bails87
    Well stop filling the crudcatcher up with it then!

I'm sorry, I'll take it to The Hub, where you're allowed to have fun!
    MTB/CX

• mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    lol if its clean enough for the hub it cant be that bad then :twisted:
  • Gazlar
    Lets just say it involves Bolton, a lady, Ronald McDonald fancy dress, a chambermaid, suspected murder and the whole situation leaving a bad taste in my mouth when I got caught red handed :?: :?: :?: :?:
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • mak3m
    LMAO

I once saw a smurf take a girl from behind in a glass elevator in Nottingham, well i say me it was actually a couple of dozen people drinking in the hotel bar that saw it :shock:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    :lol:
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    Another one for liking the RC cars - used to race a Tamiya TL01, still got a Mardave v10 which has a plate steel chasis. A friend has been promising to make a carbon fibre chasis for it and then she'll go like... I'm guessing a smurf's backside in an elevator...
  • Dammit, I had just managed to remove that story from my mind after almost a year of having nightmares about it! Thanks a lot!
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Seems a lot of people on here used to race RC cars!
    Year, started when i was 9 and raced up until i found pubs (offically) at 18, got quite serious too, semi sponsered at Pro 10, had deals with certain shops etc, still got friends from that era now, but dont know anyonw who still races. its all nitro rubbish now.

Hermit off roaders was our club, then springfield off roaders, was involved with the world cup course in basildon, that was something else.

Naww guy accross the road plays electirc cars and man have they come on. Brushless motors and so fricken thing is faster than his nitro stuff... sounds like a jet engine it revs so fast on the electric one those crazy!
  • Bred2shred
    Bred2shred Posts: 306
    Another one for rc cars.

I used to race nationally in 1/8th nitro offroad, both buggy and truggy and was on the committee at our local club, the central scotland off roaders.

It all got a bit too expensive though as we were travelling the length and breadth of the country racing ever other week.

I thought taking up mountain biking would be a nice cheap hobby for me. :oops:
    Never argue with an idiot, he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
  • mak3m
    not my hobb honest

was out on route 6 yesterday between market harborough and northampton and saw this

196679_1795902689749_1005168663_32095664_2088316_n.jpg

dads army in full ww2 kit, young lads and old timers

im assuming its a hobby and that they were not some lost patrol that never got the stand down message :P
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Ice Hockey, Tennis and Football.
  • Gazlar
    Andy wrote:
    Ice Hockey, Tennis and Football.

so no then ;)
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185
    Seems a lot of people on here used to race RC cars!

+1

I raced at club and national level for several years but the fact I live in Cornwall and had anywhere between 4 and 12 hours driving every race weekend to get to events took it's toll in the end.

I raced bangers/hot rods before that.
    I was pretty handy and that too but I could spend anything upto 30 hours prepping a car only to completely destroy in 15 minutes, which wears pretty thin, really quickly.

That and the fact I'd spend most Monday and Tuesdays not being able to move my neck kinda chafes your ass after a while too....
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Ah, the Thread has been rekindled...

Another love is retro computers, all those old Sinclair, BBC, XT, 286, 386, Apple SE/30 and programmable calculators fro, yesteryear...
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    edited June 2011
  • crazy88
    crazy88 Posts: 560
    I like to post random crap on forums...which gives me no real benefit other than laughter and a warm feeling.

I also wear two pairs of socks every day, 365 days of the year. Ok, that's not actually a hobby, but it's unusual possibly. Or does anyone else do it with me?
    Out with the old, in with the new here.
  • Ransaka
    Ransaka Posts: 474
    Still obsessed with Amiga stuff, in fact my pc gets to run an Amiga emulator more often than anything else. Also have an Amiga with a whole, whopping, 2MB of RAM.
    I do some other stuff too.
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    retro cameras and lenses, mainly olympus and 32mm types, currently renovating an OM-1 which is taking up some serious time and patients!
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    My hobbies are recording music (I maintain studios for my job, in my spare time I do bits of recording) and classical singing. I've sung in a choir for the last 20 years, now I'm the assistant organist there and sometimes conduct as i'm 'second in command'.

Other than that, biking, driving, movies and bashin one out every now and then are what I waste my time doing (not necesarily in that order :lol: )
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    Bikes
    Bacon
    Grumble Mags
    Masterbation
    Clunge
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • Ransaka
    Ransaka Posts: 474
    Pudseyp wrote:
    Bikes
    Bacon
    Grumble Mags
    Masterbation
    Clunge

Surely those are staples for a mtber.