Roadies Vs. THE WORLD

2»

Comments

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    But the larger of the groups are going to start getting a riding crop across the back of the head,
    It'll be the last thing you ever do if it's me that you hit ! :roll:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • As for the act of being on the road, I am a MTB user but run skinny tyres, thus if I really want to and try hard at it I can keep up with a slower end road bike.

As for equines, I don't have a problem. The government use them as much as they do us for mobile traffic calming and more often than not I will approach a horse with a whistle to alert the rider I am coming up behind them (The air Zound is too aggressive for ossies).

However I dont mind either staying behind horses as more often than not there is a nice bit of totty on board and I am a letcherous "old before my time" git! :lol:

As for other road users I take them as I find them, the ususal menace is the white van man either trying a squeeze through a pinch or using his/her horn when I take the lane through a short series of pinch points. I now simply use total ignorance and concentrate on the task in hand. I wont lower myself to his level. Becasue good karma says that the obese old git will die a deserving slow death due to too many pies, ciggies and the like taking their toll.

Amen

Paul Beckett
    "Commuterised" Specialized Rockhopper Disc 2004.
    FCN #7 - Skinny tyres and Cleats.
    1962 Rory O'Brien Roadie Lightweight. (but heavy by todays standards!)
    FCN #4
    2007 Specialized Roubaix Expert.
    FCN # 1/2 - Cobbly racing tyres and MTB cleats.