Celebrity commuters

2»

Comments

• notsoblue wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    You'd think that given the number of close up shots of Greg shovelling food into his gob, that someone would have had a quiet word and suggested he work on his technique.

I just don't understand how he got to where he has. He's just a green grocer...

I like him. He does really, really like puddings and I respect that. He was also a member of West Ham's firm for a while in his youth.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,398
    notsoblue wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    You'd think that given the number of close up shots of Greg shovelling food into his gob, that someone would have had a quiet word and suggested he work on his technique.

I just don't understand how he got to where he has. He's just a green grocer...

I like him. He does really, really like puddings and I respect that. He was also a member of West Ham's firm for a while in his youth.

+1. He seems nice enough; it's just the close-up footage of him eating that's a bit heavy going. The pseudo suspense when contestants are eliminated and over-hyped commentary - "cooking doesn't get much tougher than this!" - together with the weird hardcore techno soundtrack is what annoys me. It's about cooking FFS. It is not SAS training at a warehouse rave.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Monkeypump wrote:
    Not seen him, but isn't Alan Sugar a keen cyclist/commuter?
    Not sure about commuting but I think he's quite a keen roadie - remember skimming some article in a bike mag not so long ago about the fleet of Pinarellos he owns.

I see him fairly regularly on the country lanes of Essex on Sunday's, Pinarello and Assos!

The article was in Cycling Active, whicjh incidentally has a 4 (I think) page article on Gaz 'once was 39 stone' this month. Good article!
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    whicjh incidentally has a 4 (I think) page article on Gaz 'once was 39 stone' this month. Good article!

He of the cheesey wotsit/Haribo diet? Well I guess he's a celeb now too then.