Contador Strongest Ever

2»

Comments

• calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Kléber wrote:
    Lots of sub 1000s and sub 500s coming out to play.
    Pah, that's just the sort of thing you'd expect from a sub 6000 newbie :roll:

I've changed jobs and have been trying to avoid this forum, to keep the post count down. Oh well... :wink:

Maybe we should ban anyone with a ppd count higher than a dozen or so*?

*post per day

**apart from afx

Strava is not Zen.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Hold on... I lost 1,800-odd posts when we went from C+ to Bikeradar in what, 2006? Do they count?

Strava is not Zen.
  • csp
    csp Posts: 777

So, if Contador became a member on this forum now, what would that make him a sub 10 nonentity?
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    csp wrote:

So, if Contador became a member on this forum now, what would that make him a sub 10 nonentity?
    Hang on a minute... it all makes sense now... maybe Contador's online alias is

FRENCHFIGHTER!
  • bazbadger
    bazbadger Posts: 553

You old fart.
    Mens agitat molem
  • bam49
    bam49 Posts: 159
    dennisn wrote:
    I said he would come back and be on top again.

I thought "comebacks" were where you retired and / or took 3 or 4 years off?
    In any case I've come over to your side and am now ready to love and worship Alberto. Can you give me a few hints on what type of shrine I should build for him? Marble or granite? What does yours look like? :? :? :?

:D thanks for making me laugh dennisn - had a cr*p morning here but your post has cheered me up - nice one..
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844

I have no idea what that means.

I can only assume that FF finds my opinions less valid as i've only posted 800 or so times, I gues i'm a lightweight rather than a champion... :wink:

Maybe the lower post count peeps actually ride their bikes! GASP!

Far better use of time than posting hero worship threads about dodgy athletes :roll:
    Off training now.
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Haha, I only need to post a few words and can get 10-20 posts easy. Goodness, you guys just love to disagree with me.

To deny that Contador is not the greatest for a long long time is plain silly. Every person who is onvolved closely with the sport, on his team and out, knows and says he is amazing, hors norme etc. I would think those people know what they are talking about; a lot more than you or me.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    calvjones wrote:
    Kléber wrote:
    Pah, that's just the sort of thing you'd expect from a sub 6000 newbie :roll:

I've changed jobs and have been trying to avoid this forum, to keep the post count down. Oh well... :wink:

Maybe we should ban anyone with a ppd count higher than a dozen or so*?

*post per day

**apart from afx

Pff, don't leave me here with all the lightweights. Sometimes I read threads like this and think the banhammer wouldn't be such a bad thing :shock:
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Haha, I only need to post a few words and can get 10-20 posts easy. Goodness, you guys just love to disagree with me.

To deny that Contador is not the greatest for a long long time is plain silly. Every person who is onvolved closely with the sport, on his team and out, knows and says he is amazing, hors norme etc. I would think those people know what they are talking about; a lot more than you or me.

I suppose he's the most successful pro cyclist since say July 2005.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601

An interesting post to say the least. Are you admitting that you are simply a troll? I have sort of thought that for some time now. I just couldn't get it through my head how anyone could be so "in love" with a bike rider, so I started figuring that it was / is all just a troll at work. It's just way too hard to believe that it's for real. Then again you hear about stalker types all the time in the news so maybe, just maybe you are that one in a million.
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761

Someone else in need of your help ....
    Gaddafi.jpg
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,559
    I have no idea what my post count is. If it's too low then please simply ignore this post. If it's too high then likewise. If it's just right then please ignore this post only on its merits (or lack of).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841

Genius move FF all this time you were just pretending to be a d!ck. Hats off to you! You've certainly made everyone here look silly.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • As I obviously need to up my post count to be seen as credible, I think the most effective way for me to do this would be to post literally hundreds of photos nicked from other websites and also do very little else other than copy and paste race results.
    It's worked for other people so I'm sure it'll work for me.
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • davelakers
    davelakers Posts: 762

narcissus.jpg
  • Haha, I only need to post a few words and can get 10-20 posts easy. Goodness, you guys just love to disagree with me.

If we're going to have a bit of a French(fighter) lesson here, it may be interesting to note that the french phrase for "extraordinary" is "tres positif"....
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • zippypablo
    zippypablo Posts: 398
    I've decided to post here but not say anything of merit.

Just trying to up my post count so one day in the future I can be seen as credible :)
    If suffer we must, let's suffer on the heights. (Victor Hugo).
  • Sheptastic
    Sheptastic Posts: 298
    This thread is great.

While AC is a great bike rider he's a bit one dimensional. How does he show himself to be a 'true champion' (FF 2010) in non results terms. Is he magnanimous? Is he generous?

Oh bloody hell I've got less than 300 posts, better disappear into the ether..
  • shakey88
    shakey88 Posts: 289

Do you own a bike? If so,i really think you should go out and ride it! There's a whole REAL world out there waiting for you to discover!
    I deal in miles ridden,not posts written :D
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Kléber wrote:

Damn, I never had you pegged as a working-stiff!

:wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • andyxm
    andyxm Posts: 132
    He's hardly going to come out and say he's not as good as Andy S, and will struggle in July is he?
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    andyxm wrote:
    He's hardly going to come out and say he's not as good as Andy S, and will struggle in July is he?

Very good point. Makes you wonder how FF decides what is true and what is not. He heard, on the internet, that AC was the greatest ever, or something like that, yet he also heard, on the Internet, that he is a doper. Maybe he's both.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Sheptastic wrote:
    This thread is great.

While AC is a great bike rider he's a bit one dimensional. How does he show himself to be a 'true champion' (FF 2010) in non results terms. Is he magnanimous? Is he generous?

A true Champion can win some Monuments also. :roll:

Sod the post count, I never look until today.
    shakey88 wrote:
    I deal in miles ridden, not posts written :D
    There comes a time when the big miles can't be ridden and one is just happy to ride a bike for a few miles without competition.
    I have many things to do between riding and writing. :wink:
    Oh, and I had to retire early because I cannot write.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972