The SCR Judication thread

2»

Comments

• Clever Pun wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:
    A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights as you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Did you do this?

Pow, right in the kisser

Not sure about that. DDD may not have done that, but nor was it done to him. Hence tie.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Greg66 wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:
    A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights as you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Did you do this?

Pow, right in the kisser

Not sure about that. DDD may not have done that, but nor was it done to him. Hence tie.

Pffft! Next folk will be saying that it doesn't count if the scalper turns off at the next junction. :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I'm with the majority and LiT, you wrote a cheque your ass couldn't cash.

loser-sign.jpg
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    sounds to me liked you got completely owned by the guy on the SS. reeled in and caught like a big panting fish slapping about on the promenade.

:lol:

I don't think either of you delivered a knock-out blow, but, psychologically speaking, you're now on the back foot: you blew, he didn't draft, so SS Man goes into any re-match knowing you'll blow at some point, so he can bide his time and then do you all ends up when, on a long stretch of road, your shoulders slouch and your cadence slows.

You have to make it stick. Big Game SCR is like Big Game Fishing. Patience, young DDD.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Origamist wrote:
    I'm pretty sure he's a London Dynamo. Baggy shorts over lycra and blue tape over the decals and rear mudguard? If so, it's this chap waiting at the lights to the left in Bassjunkie's vid: http://www.youtube.com/user/SkrzypczykB ... DI_sMtJdVA

I'm like a dull CCTV unit...

:shock:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    edited March 2011
    In fencing, it has been* possible for both people to lose.

Just saying

*I can't remember if that was just epee, or foil and sabre as well as I am pretty out of date, because there are no handy clubs where I live, which is unfortunate as I'd recommend sabre as an enjoyable sport.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,354
    You started off level at 24mph, then upped your game to 25mph, then halfway down the next stretch realised you'd written a cheque you couldn't cash...

You had gears and he didn't?

I think you'd be lucky to call that a tie rather than a defeat!

+1
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • DonDaddyD
    He was leading. I took him as he appeared to blow up.

We stopped at the lights.

I was leading. As I appeared to blow up he took me.

We then met at the lights after Elephant and Castle.

On gears. I've yet to fix my bike since loosing the ability to access the big ring. I'm stuck in the middle ring and realistically have two gears. I used 1.

On FCN. The dude had clothes masking Rabbobank kit. Complete with team logo helmet. I can't confirm if his legs were shaved.
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Him SS, you geared.

Sorry DD, but its a tie at best (hence you losing the 'Don' prefix.
    On that showing you are now just Daddy D.

Of all the posts, this hurts the most... :cry:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Middle ring #justsaying
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • DonDaddyD
    JonGinge wrote:
    Middle ring #justsaying

Serious point. As a big lad I almost never road in the middle ring. Unless I was injured, hurt or, for example, when I rode home with a tooth ache and ended up with a face so badly infected I was taken to A&E as a developed a twitch....

Since late Jan/early Feb I've had to relearn how to ride the bike. What I found is that I'm mostly made up of fast twitch muscles. Slowly but surely I've learned to spin for longer and pace myself. It's been a proper interesting experience because in the past I would just smash the big gears. Now I'm more elegant, the bike works for me.
    You have to make it stick. Big Game SCR is like Big Game Fishing. Patience, young DDD.

:lol::lol::lol:
    Food Chain number = 4

• Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    On gears. I've yet to fix my bike since loosing the ability to access the big ring. I'm stuck in the middle ring

Just so we are clear - I've been to the pub so have no intention of reading you cry like a little girl as to some dude reamed you (probably) ragged . . . So basically I'm basing this "post" on skimming a couple of previous posts and also thinking about Gladiator films . . .

So let me get this right . . . . .

You get it put all over you and then blame your lack of basic mechanical skill . . .

Don't get me wrong . . .

I can't even spell d-rail-e-er let alone balance one/them/whatever it is - however - I know better than to admit in non "dancing with your arms above your head to Kylie" company to being a techno biff and spanner dodger - - - - - jaysus man.......

Man the Feck Up and fix the bike . . . .

Also

Man the Feck Up and fix the bike . . . .

did I mention that I've been to the pub?
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Your right there, not sure what is more embarrasing, getting blown off by an SS or admitting your bike is slowly reverting to recycleable components through a lack of TLC.

Maybe it's kismet, your bike displaying a lack of TLC to you in repayemnt for your lack of TLC to it.

Simon

"My bike is loyal, reliable and never judgemental"
    "Much like a wife then?"
    "Where you even listening?"
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.