Disgraceful

2»

Comments

• FBM.BMX
    Would have to agree.

An Northwind it is the same because ramblers moan and rant about mtb'ers tearing up the bridleways and landscape.

This thread is either full of hypocrites or trolls. which are you.
  • Atz
    Atz Posts: 1,383
    The way I see it either you come through the tree to the takeoff or land on the tree. Neither seem to be optimal. Course it could be the angle of the pics
  • Atz wrote:
    The way I see it either you come through the tree to the takeoff or land on the tree. Neither seem to be optimal. Course it could be the angle of the pics

You sir, are a genius. You need an award!
  • Atz
    Wow. Who pissed in your pint?
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    that or it's a hip jump.... :roll:
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Atz wrote:
    Wow. Who pissed in your pint?

sorry, twas a bit ott... :x
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    FBM.BMX wrote:

What is the difference between hundreds of MTBers riding the peaks, eroding natural habitat, a place of natural beauty and some people digging a tiny section of woodland? legal, right?

Quite a bit actually, we sure as hell don't suddenly erode/create the landscape to that extent by just riding over it.
  • Woodland politics...

I can see the issue where it's forestry commision with bike designated trails, and the problems that arise because of it. A lot of people who build in those areas probably aren't aware of the headaches they cause. However, it's creative, and putting the woodland to good use.

The only difference between that and the trails you ride, is the politics it took to get there. The guys that build this stuff will be the same guys getting involved in the political system in future, getting trails and jumps built on a legal basis, having had their efforts flattened countless time. Without those effort you'd be MTBing illegally on footpaths, and nothing else.
  • Stoowit
    Stoowit Posts: 25
    I repeat, as FBM.BMX agrees, a lot of hard work went into that jump, hip or whatever it is!

Maybe a few more hard days work and the people that did this will understand what respect is. We hope so but probably not.

As for the politics of it, respect the land we live on, that'll do for now ta x
  • FBM.BMX
    FBM.BMX Posts: 148
    The only difference between that and the trails you ride, is the politics it took to get there. The guys that build this stuff will be the same guys getting involved in the political system in future, getting trails and jumps built on a legal basis, having had their efforts flattened countless time. Without those effort you'd be MTBing illegally on footpaths, and nothing else.

Such a bloody winning view point.
  • Johnny Napalm
    Johnny Napalm Posts: 1,458
    1) It's a hip. You don't have to travel in straight lines in the air. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO HIT THE TREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, believe me I would. In fact, I don't need such an aid to help me to get up close and personal with our wooden friends. :oops:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    An Northwind it is the same because ramblers moan and rant about mtb'ers tearing up the bridleways and landscape.

If you actually believe it's the same thing, I think you must just be mad tbh.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • At the end of the day who cares. Is it the OPs land that they were digging on? No. Why complain so much about what people are doing with other peoples stuff. Get a life.

Also, most of the best mountain bike trails in the world have been crafted by people who don't own the land, and havn't gotten written permission to build there.
  • Atz
    Hmm... if you ask people for a top 10 trails in the world, I'd bet most of them have been built with the agreement of the land owner (assuming it's not publicly owned or a public trust).
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    at the end of the day someone has taken pictures of a half finished job. why not wait until its finished before passing judgement, also someone needs to ascertain ownership of the land and if there is any official grievance. ramblers would moan if the sun was too hot or the rain too wet so lets get some perspective on this.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • Dave_P1
    Dave_P1 Posts: 565

Excellent point.

Also, they look like some nice jumps to me. You can look it two ways (assuming kids built these), they can either have some fun on there bikes, or mess around on the streets annoying people.
  • bellys
    bellys Posts: 456
    maybe the land owner has done it so the kids jump in to the tree :lol:

if your not happy with it kick it down or report it to land owner as a crap job :wink:
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    What's with everyone wanting to kick the jump down?
  • I'd like to get this straight - I don't have a problem with the jumps - it's the utter disregard for the landscape and ecosystems surrounding them by digging into and through the root structure of an established tree, and the resulting ugly mess that's been left. If it's who I think it is, it's a couple of teenage kids who built a dirt jump in a bombhole right next to the car parking area at the entrance to the common, which had an equally ugly pit next to it - which I suspect is the reason it got bulldozed.

Had the dirt been taken from an open are of the hill, not near any trees, and dug in to look more natural, then fine. But not this.
    ::'11 Pitch Pro::