Out of the 'loop' for 20 years! - advice needed

2»

Comments

• Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Maybe you can only find enjoyment by going fast, that's cool, though it seems a shame... but to me there's more to riding than speed- there's different sorts of pleasure to be had. You're confusing your own tastes with "best"

I can find a load of trails I can have a blast riding fast in my own backyard, but there's not so many places that are rewarding to ride slower and really dig into and work with the detail, and to get that different flavour of riding. So if I'm making the trip to CYB, or Drumlanrig, or the Ciaran path or similiar, I'll take advantage of that because it's hard to find elsewhere, rather than turning them into yet another flat out trail which I can find anywhere.

And to me that's why CYB's special, it has that other side that many trails don't have. Now you don't like that side, or just not enough to sacrifice a fast ride and that's fine, but to me it'd be a waste of that special character.

Put it another way, a trials rider might tell you that going fast down hills is rubbish. A roadie'd tell you that uplift days are ridiculous.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    No, I like the techy side of CYB. I love it. It makes it challenging to ride fast.

You need to ride faster :lol:
  • You need to ride faster.
    The feeling of barrelling down a sinewy singletrack, whether it's covered in rocks the size of small hatchbacks ,or smooth, is unbeatable. Trying to change direction quickly enough to not end up in an embankment, the tyres scrabbling for grip as the bike slides both wheels sideways, having to turn for the next corner whilst the bike is still drifting the opposite way from the previous twist, popping over a crest, with the wheels just ever so slightly airborne, going sideways, preparing for more grip in a dip because the bike Gs out, and having to compensate the corner for it, it's all fun.

now thats just showing off :lol:
    anthem x with many upgrades