I had an argument with a transit van and lost

Comments

• polocini
    polocini Posts: 201
    If the police don't find him, every bit of info I have will be going up on here.

AL
  • OBs
    OBs Posts: 18
    Kin hell :shock:

Glad to hear you escaped unharmed... Alive.

Builders with mobile numbers are typically the one man band, self employed type.

How presentable was the Van? - Rust dents etc etc?
    And were the signs stuck on (professionally) or magnets?

White Van - Transit? Spinter? Transporter? and Year?
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    Polocini wrote:
    If the police don't find him, every bit of info I have will be going up on here.

AL

If you had had a helmet cam .......... you could have posted the footage here for us all to condemn the driver.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • piquet
    piquet Posts: 83
    Polocini wrote:
    I stupidly got into an argument with a white van man. So he ran me over! I got out of the way with a few bruises but my bike is wrecked.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55119780@N ... 018496779/

Plenty of witnesses but the police didn't turn up. I was about fifteen miles away from home so I had to wait for someone to come and get me.

AL

Were you on the bike? If so report it as attempted murder not an RTA.
  • polocini
    I haven't had the heart to revisit this thread but basically the police rang last monday to say they have filed the incident.

So, here's the info.

It happened on the A6 at Hazel Grove in Stockport.

The guy was driving a white transit van. A passer by wrote the reg down as BF02 FKY. I am fairly certain that the first five digits are correct. On the side of the van it said TP plastering on a magnetic stick on sign. I haven't been able to find tp plastering locally. It also said ring TONY.

The guy was white, early/mid twenties and had a similar age bleached blonde with him. He never spoke at any point. I was having a go at him but he didn't respond he just ran over me. So I don't know if he was British.

He was also dressed in normal clothes and not his work gear. So I don't know if he had been working locally. The A6 is a busy road but he had come from the Macclesfield direction.

It looks like I am claiming on my house insurance as that will be the quickest way to get a new bike. I'm only covered for a grand, and there is an excess so I will be lucky to get £800.

AL
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    I'm assuming it's not this TP plastering company:

http://www.tp-plastering.co.uk/

I really hope you find this viscious sod.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    AL, sorry to hear that the Police have not been able to find this lunatic. I do hope you are OK. I know the whole thing must be really frustrating but at least you are alive, as this idiot could have easily killed you. People like him will eventually resurface from the sewer he calls home and no doubt get their comeuppance one way or another. Hope you are back riding soon,
  • Percy Vera
    Percy Vera Posts: 1,103
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    I'm assuming it's not this TP plastering company:

http://www.tp-plastering.co.uk/

I really hope you find this viscious sod.

No, that guys name is Tim
  • polocini
    That's the first one I looked at. He seemed very much a one man band.

Thanks for all the posts. The main thing is that people realise it's not worth getting involved in these sorts of incidents. I'm in one piece and I still have my commuting bike to use.

AL
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Polocini wrote:
    The guy was driving a white transit van. A passer by wrote the reg down as BF02 FKY. I am fairly certain that the first five digits are correct. On the side of the van it said TP plastering on a magnetic stick on sign. I haven't been able to find tp plastering locally. It also said ring TONY.

The guy was white, early/mid twenties and had a similar age bleached blonde with him. He never spoke at any point. I was having a go at him but he didn'd.t respond he just ran over me. So I don't know if he was British.

AL
    Definitely TP Plastering? There's a TL Plastering run by a guy called Tony in Manchester. http://www.locallinkup.com/tl-plasterin ... 82201.html

That reg you quoted brings up a Rover hatchback.
    Good luck in getting it all sorted
  • zanes
    zanes Posts: 563
    Polocini wrote:
    It looks like I am claiming on my house insurance as that will be the quickest way to get a new bike. I'm only covered for a grand, and there is an excess so I will be lucky to get £800.

AL

Have you tried the MIB?

http://www.mib.org.uk/Home/en/default.htm
  • polocini
    The problem with the Mib is the time involved. I am a self employed construction worker. So if I take any time off e.g visit to solicitor, medical or having to wait at home for an insurance assessor it will start to cost me money in wages. I can't have a couple of hours off. I have to take a full day off so I can be replaced.

Then there is the time involved, the mib could take a few months. The insurance should be reasonably quick.

AL
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    This really sucks. I guess the cops are justifying their pay decrease!
  • Karl2010
    Karl2010 Posts: 511
    Polocini

Report it to the local press, & crime stoppers & your local radio stations!
  • :evil: Gutted for you mate.
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • straas
    straas Posts: 338
    Is this the van? http://www.tpplastering.com/
    FCN: 6
  • Carpe Diem
    Carpe Diem Posts: 238
    Buy the local papers and look in the classified sections for plastering services etc
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    you can even read that number plate. i thought its was suppoosed to be blanked.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Not sure what the exact position is with commercial vehicles. Streetview passed by the charity where I worked and the private cars had their plates blanked but the lorry parked in the carpark was not.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Even if the guy gets found he'll only get a slapped wrist.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    freehub wrote:
    Even if the guy gets found he'll only get a slapped wrist.

If I was the OP he'd be getting more than a slapped wrist.
  • polocini
    Thanks for all the posts. I have been avoiding this thread as I'm totally disgusted with the way it is turning out. I have looked at all the local plasterers tf, tp, tc etc etc. I haven't found anything.
    Also there are a couple of other things I missed off the thread. There was cctv on the road where it happened but due to cuts it was turned off. Also the police don't allocate one officer to deal with it. So it got dealt with by about four officers. Each one rang me and asked the same questions.
    Finally I have claimed on my house insurance but as I am only insured for £1000 and there is a £200 excess I will only get £800. So I am going to have to argue out vouchers as they are trying to get me to accept a replacement bike.

AL
  • thelawnet
    thelawnet Posts: 719
    Polocini wrote:
    I haven't had the heart to revisit this thread but basically the police rang last monday to say they have filed the incident.

So, here's the info.

It happened on the A6 at Hazel Grove in Stockport.

The guy was driving a white transit van. A passer by wrote the reg down as BF02 FKY. I am fairly certain that the first five digits are correct.

BF02FSP - Astravan Envoy
    BF02FSV - Astravan LS
    BF02FTD - Astravan Envoy
    BF02FTO - Astravan Sportive

BF02FUH Citroen Dispatch 900

BF02FVS Citroen Berlingo 600D - not insured

I would look up the home address of BF02FUH for starters, it's Transit-like whereas Astravans are pretty small.
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Theres a world of devils advocate to post on this one, entirely avoidable Incident but I get the feeling OP knows that.

Can I ask what the vigilante number plate thing is about, OPs already googled, police have done some looking too even if nothing came of it. What are you hoping to find that OP and better suited cop systems haven't and what do you expect to happen? OP to go back and finish the confrontation he started. All of us in Mcr to join in the hunt & confront him? Cops to take an internet warrior's word over witnesses, OP & their work? Or is it a quiet day at home? Just curious is all.
  • thelawnet
    Theres a world of devils advocate to post on this one, entirely avoidable Incident but I get the feeling OP knows that.

Can I ask what the vigilante number plate thing is about, OPs already googled, police have done some looking too even if nothing came of it. What are you hoping to find that OP and better suited cop systems haven't and what do you expect to happen? OP to go back and finish the confrontation he started. All of us in Mcr to join in the hunt & confront him? Cops to take an internet warrior's word over witnesses, OP & their work? Or is it a quiet day at home? Just curious is all.

OP has a distinctive id on the van but got the number plate wrong and therefore has no way of tracing the owner in order to sue for damages. Clearly the police could trace the van using their systems and manpower but have not felt fit it worth their while to do so.

If the OP locates the white van matching the witness's description, I expect the police will take an interest. Or maybe not, what's it to you anyway?
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    thelawnet wrote:

OP has a distinctive id on the van but got the number plate wrong and therefore has no way of tracing the owner in order to sue for damages. Clearly the police could trace the van using their systems and manpower but have not felt fit it worth their while to do so.

If the OP locates the white van matching the witness's description, I expect the police will take an interest. Or maybe not, what's it to you anyway?

Like I said initially, just curious, prevaricating to avoid a pile of ironing. You're reading a lot of inactivity into the fact its been shelved. Not taking it further may mean didn't do anything but might just as easily mean did quite a bit of digging with the info given but came up with the same inconclusive results that do not provide a positive ID as the OP & the internet warriors on bikeradar did.
    4 different cops ringing OP seems to imply there was more going on behind the scenes than meets the eye, but what do either of us know for sure?
  • thelawnet
    thelawnet wrote:

Like I said initially, just curious, prevaricating to avoid a pile of ironing. You're reading a lot of inactivity into the fact its been shelved. Not taking it further may mean didn't do anything but might just as easily mean did quite a bit of digging with the info given but came up with the same inconclusive results that do not provide a positive ID as the OP & the internet warriors on bikeradar did.
    4 different cops ringing OP seems to imply there was more going on behind the scenes than meets the eye, but what do either of us know for sure?

Given that it is trivial to determine that the OP's number plate was not even registered to a van at all, I think it's best not to assume anything about what other people might have done or found out.
  • psiturbo
    psiturbo Posts: 64
    I know it is not the best advice, but that is why I always have a serrated super light hunting knife. Someone tries to run me over on a car, I better be dead cause when I come back he/she is done.

Hey, at the end of the day is self defense, or at least slash all the car tires when the driver pulls over.

Good luck on your deal, it is messed up.

I started reading and so it seems the cops do not give a damn. I would have taken the same day the bike to the police department and file a case immediately. TIme is of importance... I saw your flickr photos, did anyone took pictures at the actual scene? Do you carry a cell phone that has a built in camera?

Just fyi; one of my buddies always has a pair of usede D batteries on his jersey for "special occasions".
  • psiturbo wrote:
    I know it is not the best advice, but that is why I always have a serrated super light hunting knife. Someone tries to run me over on a car, I better be dead cause when I come back he/she is done.

Hey, at the end of the day is self defense, or at least slash all the car tires when the driver pulls over.

Good luck on your deal, it is messed up.

I started reading and so it seems the cops do not give a damn. I would have taken the same day the bike to the police department and file a case immediately. TIme is of importance... I saw your flickr photos, did anyone took pictures at the actual scene? Do you carry a cell phone that has a built in camera?

Just fyi; one of my buddies always has a pair of usede D batteries on his jersey for "special occasions".
    Ohhh....kayyy :shock:
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer