Marshalling

2»

Comments

• Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    emx wrote:
    the 'employee' issue is a nonsense, I agree. But for the record, CSAS marshals are listed as 'employees' of British Cycling...no complication at all really...

I don't know your circuit, but I would imagine that just because you have traffic converging from three directions, does not necessarily mean you need three marshals. In theory, one CSAS marshal can stop and hold traffic coming from more than one direction, but like I say, I don't know the road layout.

On any three way junction how can one person stop all the traffic? I suppose you could have a fecking huge flag
  • emx
    emx Posts: 164
    Homer J wrote:
    On any three way junction how can one person stop all the traffic? I suppose you could have a fecking huge flag

no flags required - oddly enough, the police don't use them either.....
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    We're probably in danger of putting the OP and other potential volunteers off here. Truth is that in my experience of marshalling without statutory powers to stop traffic I have never had any issues and no hassle off drivers. It might be different in other areas but on the whole Sunday drivers aren't in a rush in my neck of the woods.
  • Homer J
    emx wrote:
    Homer J wrote:

no flags required - oddly enough, the police don't use them either.....

I'm sure they would stop if i had a police uniform. fancy dress hire here i come :wink:
  • emx
    emx Posts: 164
    Homer J wrote:
    I'm sure they would stop if i had a police uniform. fancy dress hire here i come :wink:

go on a CSAS course and you get a uniform for free. We did ask for guns, but the police said no.....
  • Homer J
    emx wrote:
    Homer J wrote:

go on a CSAS course and you get a uniform for free. We did ask for guns, but the police said no.....

If it came to it, i would do the course. Guns :lol: