Tell me what you are looking forward to

2»

Comments

• mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Rolf F wrote:
    Sling some heavy gearbox oil down the seat tube to resusictate the BB of the old Carlton I'm doing up

wear gloves! EP-90 stinks of cat wee.....
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • welkman
    welkman Posts: 396
    mudcow007 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Sling some heavy gearbox oil down the seat tube to resusictate the BB of the old Carlton I'm doing up

+1 I was helping a mate with his bell housing last year, being a human axle stand, and about half a pint of the stuff dripped onto my face. I smelt of a cross between rotten fish and cat's piss for about a fortnight.
  • mrwibble
    mrwibble Posts: 980
    Looking forward to seeing my girlfriend after three weeks apart...
    :wink:
  • hmbadger
    hmbadger Posts: 181
    CiB wrote:

Sun - Boy Sr football match in front of crowds of up to 72000, but possibly less. Sun PM take both boys to pub to see Man C v Man Ure, as they cover both bases between them. Only if they've got all their homework done though. If they haven't I'll go out and knock out a few miles to move into the top 50 on the Stats nonsense.

Sun night. Slump, TG, wine.

Derby is on Sat. And whatever possessed you to allow the 1 CIty 1Utd situation to arise?
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Long ride along the Ridgeway with swmbo tomorrow, Sunday clean my poor neglected bike - not cleaned except for wiping mud off since the Sportive CX :oops:
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    welkman wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

+1 I was helping a mate with his bell housing last year, being a human axle stand, and about half a pint of the stuff dripped onto my face. I smelt of a cross between rotten fish and cat's wee-wee for about a fortnight.

i remember changing oil in the diff of my Suzuki SJ took the drain plug out an the whole contents of the diff oil went straight down my sleeve an down onto my chest, it wasnt pretty!

im already winding down for the weekend, currently listening to "Albatross" by Fleetwood Mac 8)
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,404
    Lots of DIY, gardening and sampling a friend's homebrew - not sure I'm technically looking forward to that last one given his description/warning: fizzy and dark brown.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    hmbadger wrote:
    Derby is on Sat. And whatever possessed you to allow the 1 CIty 1Utd situation to arise?
    Could job Derby is on Sat, as that's when I planned to sneak out.

The City / United thing just came about. Elder one gave up on Chelsea when he was about 6 as they'd not won anyhting for a few months, then got in with the Man Ure crowd at school. Trouble is he'll go through life proudly claiming to have supported the red scum since he was a small boy, even though he's got the most tenuous connection with the place and night just as easily have supported the Arsenal if he'd been a year or so older. Shame. The other one supported City out of beligerence - that's ma boy <proud as punch of that one's decision :) >.

I can't bear the red scum, arrogant up-their-own-backsides bunch of glory-hunters, and the most miserable git on the planet in charge who refuses to acknowledge his team's fans by refusing to go on the BBC and I refuse on principle to buy Sky Sports. Best outcome would be a Man U v derby fixture [or forest for that matter] and a plane crashes onto the stadium. I could go with that. :)
  • hmbadger
    hmbadger Posts: 181
    Not much tonight, might go for a a swim or a run.

Sat am, a long walk with wife & dog.
    Sat pm, misery at County vs Bury.
    Sat pm, dinner with friends

Sun - bike ride hopefully, large roast with much wine in evening.
  • Tonight - fix bike, QI
    Tomorrow - girlfriend
    Sunday - clean, tidy, laundry, chillax
    FCN 7
    Porridge and coffee - the breakfast of champions
  • nickel
    nickel Posts: 476
    Tonight: quiet night in, hustle.
    Tommorow: 50+ mile ride
    Sunday: Weekly shop, long neglected clean of the bike followed by revision for a uni test (optical mineralogy, bleurgh).
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    My weekend starts in about three hours...
    Tomorrow morning: Shopping, reading papers.
    Tomorrow afternoon: Bike. Riding, possibly washing.
    Sunday: Weather looks horrendous, so bike washing (three of the four need a good going over).
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    I started weekend last night (Thurs) - 36 miler this morning, home in time for Kids show at school. Going to try and fit another ride in this weekend, as from Tuesday, riding on anything other than the turbo is out for a few weeks - finally get my shoulder repaired.
  • +1 to gearbox oil down the sleeve (as well as the drain plug).

Tonight, have to make a tape of 1960s Dutch?Belgian garage punk for a friend.

Tomorrow, going for a pint in the evening.

Sunday, dinner in the pub.

Also have to do a pile of university work, make sure my P.A. is working properly as my band is using it to do a radio session next week, throw out tons of excess rubbish from around the house and finish building a drumkit.
    Unwashed (but well-lubricated) fixed thing, jeans, DMs - FCN 7(?)
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    hmbadger wrote:
    Derby is on Sat.
    Apologies Mr Badger. I thought you were referring to the Leicester v derby match, Sat pm at 5:20. Have just clicked that the Manc lot take each other on tomorrow dinnertime, not Sunday. Plan B then.

Cheers :idea:
  • Fri' Drive up to Leicester to pick up new car. On to Whitby

Sat' grin at new car (bit of rugger)

Sun' drive back to the smoke in new car... grinning

Mon check bank account.... stop grinning
    Bianchi Nirone C2C FCN4
  • Saturday- bit of spare cash, five bike shops within a mile and a half of my house. Hmmm.....
    Giant Defy 3
    FCN 5

All wrenching and no riding makes me frickin' angry...
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Rubbing belly after a rather luxurious meal mrs itboffin this evening at Roast, Borough Market followed by pink bubbly at Bedales.

mmmm
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • CdrJake
    CdrJake Posts: 296
    I will be spending Saturday watching Exeter play Harlequins at Sandy Park, followed by a couple of drinks in a local bar before returning home and enjoying the fact I will have the bed to myself.

Sunday, will be spent working on the engine on the boat I currently have 'cluttering' up the driveway.

I have been banned from the bike until the boat is water tight and the engine is functioning correctly and 'that bloody boat is off the driveway'. Her words, not mine. :roll:
    twitter: @JakeM1969
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Too late for this?

Fri eve: cooking Thai for Mrs CJ

Sat a.m.: ride with kids, dropping one at a lesson, swimming with the other

Sat p.m.: take newlty-acquired mutt for a walk with kids, then watching King Shane Williams crush Scottish hopes :D

Sat eve: turbo session while Mrs CJ out

Sun morning: RP ride, then walking the dog with the family, with a Cake Stop on the way back, then rugby

Sun p.m.: gardening of some description

Sun eve: clearing up the trail of descruction left by the kids, then some work perhaps.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • pianoleo
    pianoleo Posts: 135
    Dropping one at a lesson? :D

I'm looking forward to getting a weekend on Thursday and Friday. Commuted 40 miles to two different jobs yesterday, and I have to be on PT in a couple of hours to get to tonight's gig (in a suit).
  • marchant
    marchant Posts: 362
    Right now? Eating the jam tarts my son and I just made....
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    fossyant wrote:
    I started weekend last night (Thurs) - 36 miler this morning, home in time for Kids show at school. Going to try and fit another ride in this weekend, as from Tuesday, riding on anything other than the turbo is out for a few weeks - finally get my shoulder repaired.

Good luck with the shoulder op btw, if it any consolation I was riding on the road again 4 weeks afterwards, just take it steady & slow and you'll be fine.

Turbo yuk! :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.