Supplier warning Rock and Rescue

2»

Comments

• pianoleo
    pianoleo Posts: 135
    For both Signed For (regular first class post with a signature) and Special Delivery, Royal Mail issue rolls of barcoded labels that should be positioned in the top left corner of each package. The tracking numbers and their barcodes are preprinted, so they can be emailed to customers long before the package gets to the Post Office (or sorting office, if the poster sends enough volume to qualify for collections).

It's worth noting that Signed For mail travels with all the regular mail, and as someone who once dabbled in the online business world, I know first hand that Signed For packages SHOULD be delivered next day but are not considered lost by Royal Mail until 28 days after posting, like regular 1st class post. Also, there ARE cases frequently when hiccoughs occur in the tracking system and nothing appears on Royal Mail's website until a day or two AFTER delivery.

I ordered an in-stock cycling computer from Evans on Thursday night, paid for Priority delivery, and it hasn't yet been delivered. The £3.99 tube of cream I ordered at the same time was delivered by UPS(!) on Monday, but as far as I know the computer still hasn't been despatched. I haven't been issued a tracking number or a despatch notification for either the computer or the cream, but I'm not grumbling, and I'm certainly not wasting my time calling up Evans and emailing them multiple times for an explanation.

The system is only as strong as its weakest link. Yes, the first bit, actually placing the order, is speedy, but the rest isn't necessarily.
  • pianoleo
    pianoleo Posts: 135
    Ah, I see the tracking number starts FD. So that's standard First Class Signed For.

I quote from http://www.rockandrescue.co.uk/delivery-returns-i48 :

Delivery service

Details

Standard delivery
    8am to 9pm Monday to Friday

We aim to deliver within 5 working days for orders placed before 12pm.

Remote rural areas may take up to 8 working days on our Standard Delivery services
    Items delivered direct from our supplier will take the time stated in the “product details” on our website.

So far, Rock and Rescue haven't done anything you didn't agree to when you placed the order. I sympathise with you for them not picking up the phone, but at the same time, 17 attempts at contact in 48 hours seems a little OTT to me.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,355
    Is it here yet?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Is it here yet?
  • More to the point, how many phone calls, emails and texts has JR sent now?
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    How long before we see a "Customer warning: ..." thread?

I blame Wiggle, anyway
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    davis wrote:
    How long before we see a "Customer warning: ..." thread?

I blame Wiggle, anyway

And then how long to the thread to Bikeradar admin..."Please stop them all"
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    More to the point, how many phone calls, emails and texts has JR sent now?
    He's in Durham, pressing Rock and Rescue's intercom button every fifteen seconds but they're not answering.
  • flicksta
    flicksta Posts: 157
    Is it safe?
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Rock and Rescue :

80s%20rock%20superstar%2031120%5B1%5D.JPG

_49376947_rescue_640.jpg
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    JR seems to have lost interest in this thread now. It's either turned up or he's kidnapped their entire staff and are holding them to ransom until he gets his lock.
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • tailwindhome
    Must be here by now.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Oh sorry perhaps I just don't have as much spare time as some :lol:

No, it has still not arrived, finally got through to a MOST helpful Rebecca who could not locate it either, I am hoping for a replacement, if it arrives I will give her something nice in the post.
    Peds with ipods, natures little speed humps

Banish unwanted fur - immac a squirrel
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... heads.html
  • Oh sorry perhaps I just don't have as much spare time as some :lol:

No, it has still not arrived, finally got through to a MOST helpful Rebecca who could not locate it either, I am hoping for a replacement, if it arrives I will give her something nice in the post.

I hope for her sake it does or will you have to send her something nasty in the post :twisted:
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    I ordered a lock for securing a wheelchair, since the order I have emailed eleven times, texted six and given up telephoning as no one answers
    Oh sorry perhaps I just don't have as much spare time as some
    :?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    Oh sorry perhaps I just don't have as much spare time as some :lol:

713 posts in 7 months says otherwise :wink:
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • Mattsaw wrote:
    Oh sorry perhaps I just don't have as much spare time as some :lol:

713 posts in 7 months says otherwise :wink:

Ok then just perhaps I had more important things to do, is that ok.

• Also, you realise that Royal Mail tracking only actually has the item on the system once it's been delivered, right?

Wrong, they list it when it arrives at a sorting office also.

"Item XYZ*****GB arrived at Tyneside Mail Centre on the 2011-02-09 and we are currently processing it. "

Not much point to the "Track" and trace if you only know it has been posted when you get it!

Then when it is ready for delivery.

Sorry.

• tailwindhome
    Also, you realise that Royal Mail tracking only actually has the item on the system once it's been delivered, right?

"Item XYZ*****GB arrived at Tyneside Mail Centre on the 2011-02-09 and we are currently processing it. "

Not much point to the "Track" and trace if you only know it has been posted when you get it!

Sorry.

To recap

You ordered the lock on the 7th

You "emailed eleven times, texted six and given up telephoning as no one answers"

It arrived at the Tyneside Mail Centre on the 9th

It was in the postal system well with in their service T&C but you started a thread commplaining about their service

Is your tinfoil hat a bit too tight?
  • Some of JR's posts can be starnge, remember the what frame thread where he asked the Q at abou 8:30 am and posted his decison later that day and had a bespoke build completed 2 days later.......

Anyway just to be clear

JR WHEN DID YOU PLACE THE ORDER?

Simon

Thank you, Feb 1st. In fact I never said I had only ordered it "two" days before contacting them, someone has obviously mis read my comments and blamed me!

As for the advice on the bike, I was going to build it, read all advice given while I was at the shop Dave offered to do it that day, since then I have upgraded it with items advised here and moved what was fitted on that bike at the time such as Deore hollotech crankset to my Saracen and replaced it with Shimano SLX, you know, it is possible to ask a question and have a bike built the next day even.

In fact it was your advice I took

As for other bits, this SLX Groupset is a great starting point!

• Also, you realise that Royal Mail tracking only actually has the item on the system once it's been delivered, right?

Sorry.

This was just an example placed here for info and to show how it works I am not entering my actual details!, I was told HERE only last week not to give away such details, "

To recap

You "emailed eleven times, texted six and given up telephoning as no one answers"

It was in the postal system well with in their service T&C but you started a thread commplaining about their service

this is an example"

Sorry.

To recap

this is an example"

This was just an example placed here for info and to show how it works I am not entering my actual details!, I was told HERE only last week not to give away such details, "

• tailwindhome
    I'm just confused now.

Has the money left your bank account yet?
  • Marcus_C
    Marcus_C Posts: 183
    This thread is really weird. I have to ask though? Your 16 year old son runs his own business? I did nothing productive when I was 16 so that's pretty organised, mind if I ask what it's in? I presume he at least started doing it for the enjoyment.
    - Genesis Equilibrium Athena
    - Cannondale CAADX Force/105/Rival
  • deffler
    deffler Posts: 829
    just read this thread and its total madness, mad as a box of frogs in fact. chapeau!
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • tailwindhome
    It has to be here by now!
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    What do Wiggle have to say on the matter?