Supplier warning Rock and Rescue

jeremyrundle
jeremyrundle Posts: 1,014
edited February 2011 in Commuting chat
Rock and Rescue are supposedly a large company supplying amongst other things cycle accessories, I ordered a lock for a disabled sixteen year olds wheelchair.....

I ordered a lock for securing a wheelchair, since the order I have emailed eleven times, texted six and given up telephoning as no one answers, then I saw the link below.

I am hoping the order may still arrive.

Also see

I made the mistake of placing an order, BEFORE telephoning, now NO one answers, emails are ignored and you are simply told to leave a message.
Peds with ipods, natures little speed humps

Banish unwanted fur - immac a squirrel
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... heads.html

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,355
    Bit short on detail

What's your complaint?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    edited February 2011
    When did you order it?

How long have you waited?

Did you leave a message?

Did you try the Live Chat facility? I just did and got a response.

Edit: [numpty mode] I guess the response to Q1 gives the answer to Q2![/numpty mode]
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Seems harsh to lock up the wheelchair, I expect the kid doesn't move quickly without it.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope wrote:
    Seems harsh to lock up the wheelchair, I expect the kid doesn't move quickly without it.

Preety poor joke on your part, he has had one stolen when away so wants a decent lock for it

• Bit short on detail

What's your complaint?

+1
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    dhope wrote:

Preety poor joke on your part, he has had one stolen when away so wants a decent lock for it

I bank enough karma on the serious illness camps, I'm allowed to be flippant the rest of the year. The kids are far less bothered than the adults about lame jokes.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope wrote:
    dhope wrote:

I bank enough karma on the serious illness camps, I'm allowed to be flippant the rest of the year. The kids are far less bothered than the adults about lame jokes.

Yes, sorry, perhaps having raised three disabled sons it gets a little much after eighteen years. But some people are not always :wink: joking

• tailwindhome
    Bit short on detail

What's your complaint?

+1

I still don't know what JRs complaining about
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Where is this link of which you speak ?
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • davmaggs
    davmaggs Posts: 1,008
    Phone your bank and do a chargeback on the credit card.
  • I ordered some panniers from them last year and in fairness they were very good. There were a couple of issues with the order but they did keep me updated.
  • sorry

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=71613

Other people have commented about service received from people here before, I am simply saying, IF you have read what I said that I placed an order, have waited and despite countless emails etc have heard nothing.

• tailwindhome
    IF you have read what I said.

before or after the edit to the OP?
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    I bet the feckers won't send you any Haribo, either. I blame your mechanic.
    Rules are for fools.
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    I think it's Wiggle's fault.
  • IF you have read what I said.

Well I was asked to be more specific, cant please some.

According to royal mail (copied from their site)

The sender has advised us that item FD250*******GB will be posted into the Royal Mail network on the 2011-02-07.

It has NOT been received by RM. Now it is the 9th.

My son (16) runs a business, when he receives an order he immediately emails/calls the buyer to say the order has been received, posts it the NEXT working day and emails/calls to inform the buyer again, NO parcels have taken more than three days, and he has been complimented on his "service". Something lacking these days.

• tailwindhome
    IF you have read what I said.

You were asked for more detail as I (and others) had no idea what you were ranting about.

You then went back, edited your original post and commented "IF you have read what I said"

You're a strange one.
  • IF you have read what I said.

According to royal mail (copied from their site)

The sender has advised us that item FD250*******GB will be posted into the Royal Mail network on the 2011-02-07.

It has NOT been received by RM. Now it is the 9th.

My son (16) runs a business, when he receives an order he immediately emails/calls the buyer to say the order has been received, posts it the NEXT working day and emails/calls to inform the buyer again, NO parcels have taken more than three days, and he has been complimented on his "service". Something lacking these days.

Seriously, it's been two days?!? :shock:
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    This would make a lot more sense if you gave us the date of when the origian order was placed and when it was dispatched.

If it really was two days ago and you have already manged to email them 11 times then they're probably in the process of taking out a restraining order against you.
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so who are we complaining about?

www.rockandrescue.co.uk
    www.rocknrescue.com

I wish people would link to who they mean.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    My money's on the one in Pennsylvania.
    Rules are for fools.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Some of JR's posts can be starnge, remember the what frame thread where he asked the Q at abou 8:30 am and posted his decison later that day and had a bespoke build completed 2 days later.......

Anyway just to be clear

JR WHEN DID YOU PLACE THE ORDER?

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • kelsen
    You were asked for more detail as I (and others) had no idea what you were ranting about.

You then went back, edited your original post and commented "IF you have read what I said"

You're a strange one.

I have to agree with TailWindHome. Re-editing your earlier posts and adding information in dribs and drabs and then referring back to them is poor form, and causes all our replies to appear babbling and incoherent.

Not sticking up for the company as I'd be annoyed as well, but 2 days is not that long, give it a few more days before advising people not to order from the company. Interestingly, how did you get hold of the RM tracking ID if you haven't heard from the company?
  • Also, you realise that Royal Mail tracking only actually has the item on the system once it's been delivered, right?
  • antfly
    That's not correct, you can see if they have it.
  • antfly wrote:
    That's not correct, you can see if they have it.

But they don't know where it is until it's delivered. Not really tracking, is it.
  • antfly
    No, but at least you know if it has been posted.
  • kelsen
    The tracking status will also tell you if it's been received by Royal Mail for delivery. I might be wrong, but I think businesses can also book parcel deliveries and a tracking ID will be issued by RM before the parcel has actually been received by them, hence the reason why JR has a tracking ID. However, I believe that tracking ID would have been issued by the seller to the buyer, and not by Royal Mail to the buyer.
  • tailwindhome
    kelsen wrote:

You're a strange one.

I have to agree with TailWindHome. Re-editing your earlier posts and adding information in dribs and drabs and then referring back to them is poor form, and causes all our replies to appear babbling and incoherent.

You may appear 'babbling and incoherent', I remain witty and eloquent.
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    kelsen wrote:

You're a strange one.

You may appear 'babbling and incoherent', I remain witty and eloquent.

Touché sir 8)