Andys hangovers

victorponf
victorponf Posts: 1,187
edited March 2011 in Pro race
He really love Spain, he do it again:

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/no ... p?id=35312
If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com

Comments

• victorponf
    Mojitos, sol y playa

Yesterday 14 min, today 13 min.

Wellcome to Mallorca Andy
    If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com
  • Victor you are losing me here - what is the first and last comment about?!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • That Andy's using the race an excuse for a holiday, much like he did with the Vuelta last year.

And I don't even speak Spanish, but I'm guessing mojitos = mojitos, sol = EITHER Sol beer OR sun and playa = beach.
  • victorponf
    Exactly

Andy doesn't respect very much races apart from Tour or some classic.

In Spain fans are very angry with him after last Vuelta (included me)
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    He was ill. Or that's what they announced to the crowd when they interviewed him before the race.
  • victorponf
    ill one sunday morning in Mallorca :lol:, easy to doubt
  • Andy or his brother aren't Champions. They can climb well yes and have an attacking mentality, but you can't get behind them too much. For me at least.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,851
    Andy or his brother aren't Champions. They can climb well yes and have an attacking mentality, but you can't get behind them too much. For me at least.

I prefer Andy to Contador.
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    I prefer any number of more interesting and less suspicious riders to either of them.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • rick_chasey
    Simon E wrote:
    I prefer any number of more interesting and less suspicious riders to either of them.

C'mon. Andy's good value entertainment on climbs.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    So was Ricco.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • rick_chasey
    DaveyL wrote:
    So was Ricco.

Yeah.

It'd been better for the spectacle had he not been caught...
  • victorponf
    C´mon everybody is suspicious in this sport (sadly)

Don´t remenber this?

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5ijd ... u5dX0FnmqQ
  • victorponf wrote:

Don´t remenber this?

History lends weight to the saying "no smoke without fire"
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Andy or his brother aren't Champions. They can climb well yes and have an attacking mentality, but you can't get behind them too much. For me at least.

I agree. Which is why I was a bit peeved when AC made that apology for the "chaingate" episode. AS, at least, comes across as a bit of a primadonna. I like(d) Contador because, despite his talent, he also had humility. I think Andy's head has got too big.
  • rick_chasey
    BarryBonds wrote:
    victorponf wrote:

Don´t remenber this?

I'd imagine you wouldn't be saying that if I called you a peadophile.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639

What's the stigma about liking peas? :wink:
  • rick_chasey
    Garry H wrote:

What's the stigma about liking peas? :wink:

Everything.
  • BarryBonds wrote:
    victorponf wrote:

Don´t remenber this?

No id be punching your lights out
  • rick_chasey
    BarryBonds wrote:
    BarryBonds wrote:
    victorponf wrote:

Don´t remenber this?

No id be punching your lights out

No smoke without fire!
  • you are being deliberately offensive and using an innapropriate annalogy to make a point.

it would be perfectly normal should you make that an analogy in many parts of the country to get your lights punched out. I know you can argue effectivley without using this kind of vile approach.
  • rick_chasey
    BarryBonds wrote:
    you are being deliberately offensive and using an innapropriate annalogy to make a point.

it would be perfectly normal should you make that an analogy in many parts of the country to get your lights punched out. I know you can argue effectivley without using this kind of vile approach.

Aw relax.

Just people say 'no smoke without fire' to justify absolutely any spurious claim people have, regardless of the validity or authenticity of any evidence.

Just don't use the phrase - I've just illustrated why you shouldn't!

With regard to Andy - do people on here genuinely feel less excitement when they see Andy liven a race up with an attack or an acceleration because they think he might be on the juice? It barely enters my head - i just think "wow!". That excitement casued on the road can never be taken away..
  • DaveyL
    Any analogy linking pro cycling to the general public + law breaking is totally fatuous. We know that for years the vast majority of riders have been breaking the rules. The vast majority of the general public are not.

I would say only in the case of speeding is the analogy accurate as this is a law that a large number of people break - some frequently, some not.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • DaveyL
    With regard to Andy - do people on here genuinely feel less excitement when they see Andy liven a race up with an attack or an acceleration because they think he might be on the juice? It barely enters my head - i just think "wow!". That excitement casued on the road can never be taken away..

Head in the sand then.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Garry H wrote:

I agree. Which is why I was a bit peeved when AC made that apology for the "chaingate" episode. AS, at least, comes across as a bit of a primadonna. I like(d) Contador because, despite his talent, he also had humility. I think Andy's head has got too big.

Also agree, I can see the primadonna you mention at times and I don't as yet see them as the great champions they are sometimes portrayed as.
    I also don't see Andy coping well under intense pressure, I personally think the right person will make him crack big time.

I've also never got over the TdF go slow on stage 2 last year to save their ars*s; despite the conditions and parcour, I always felt it made a joke of following chaingate reaction somehow.
    Only my opinions and I may be proven very wrong and I should add in contrast I think they are great to watch.
    Also to be completely fair to Andy I spoke to him last year when he was training near Morzine and he was extremely polite and friendly.
  • victorponf
    This guy never stop susprising me!:

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/no ... p?id=36607
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Really? - Young man with money drives fast, shocking stuff.
  • victorponf
    Be young and have money means is normal you go 101 km/h in a residential area?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Yeah he is a total no go for me. Someone who is so far removed from the Classic, Purist, Romantic et al Element of this wonderful sport.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    victorponf wrote:
    Be young and have money means is normal you go 101 km/h in a residential area?

Well it's not unusual to be a bit of a plank in your twenties.

Yeah he is a total no go for me. Someone who is so far removed from the Classic, Purist, Romantic et al Element of this wonderful sport.

You're unreal. I thought he looked a real purist when he won LBL and then there was the Tour last year, fantastic ride up the Tourmalet, dragging that wheel sucking little Spanish bloke, what was his name, damned if I can remember, I think he was the same one that tested positive for a PED and will probably sit for 2 years :wink: