Your opinion on my Tattoo designs

stokepa31
stokepa31 Posts: 560
edited February 2011 in The bottom bracket
Ive been promising myself a tattoo for as long as I can remember and have now got round to doing some designs.

I like the rock racing logo but don't want a skull so hearts are the way forward. done some variations on the theme.

http://s638.photobucket.com/albums/uu10 ... 31/Tattoo/

which do you prefer and why :) or do you hate them. Honesty appreciated please or offend (but keep it polite lol)

I know LIVESTRONG may be contentious (especially if he falls off his pedestal following the investigation) but I do like the colour it brings.

Cheers
Paul
Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
Genesis IO ID
Moda Canon

Comments

• Nice ones, a bit busy for my taste but they should look good inked up by someone decent. Where are you thinking of putting it?

Expect to be told you're mad/mutilating yourself/going for the convict look/going to regret it a week later.....
  • upper arm is the idea. ive been mutilating my other organs for years so didnt want my skin missing out lol
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    Naff and Chavy
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    branding yourself a armstrong fanboy is both sad the height of chav. utterly wrong in every way.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Naff and Chavy

no I disagree, I have 3, 2 of which were designed by myself, but I do agree that some tats look really, really crap.

To the OP wan't to live with it for the rest of your life?
    If you say yes then go for it! Life's too short...

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Do you plan to include the 'Livestrong' logo, too?
  • Hate to rain on your parade, but each pic looked like a clown's face with its huge red heart/nose throbbing away in the middle.

I too have been looking for a piece of body-art that I can live with for the forseeable - no luck yet.
  • Holyzeus
    Holyzeus Posts: 354
    Naff and Chavy
    :roll:

Prefer the second one, nicer emblem and chainring less busy. really not keen on the Livestrong bit...
    Nicolai CC
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    THe first one but without the "ride it like..". and "Livestrong" logos would be my choice. It's your body though - I'd leave it a month and if one of them still appeals go with that.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • pastey_boy wrote:
    branding yourself a armstrong fanboy is both sad the height of chav. utterly wrong in every way.

Without getting into the detail i do take your point but my big fear is not if i can live with liking armstrong but more if i can live with the tattoo if he falls from his pedestal.

i think i may drop the livestrong logo though.

I do love the clown comment and now you come to mention it......

time to hit photoshop again
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Years ago a guy I knew had the first letters of Mod Is Not Dead tatooed on his leg - MIND - which now looks like he's a big fan of a well known mental health charity - so you do have to be careful.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • :oops: I have to admit I have never understood T2's . as you journey through this thing called life you;ll have enough needles stuck in you for various medical reasons so why? As for body art I'd rather see it on a wall & lets be honest , it no longer proclaims "I've been to the far east" more likely I've been down the high st. Enough said.
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    THe first one but without the "ride it like..". and "Livestrong" logos would be my choice. It's your body though - I'd leave it a month and if one of them still appeals go with that.
    i agree. the design is pretty classy and could easily be timeless, but not the slogans. if you ever get into or come across a big road accident that may change mind on the drive it thing.
    as for the livestrong, its not weather you can live with liking armstrong, why would it be so important to you that you have it etched on your body.
  • rake wrote:
    i agree. the design is pretty classy and could easily be timeless, but not the slogans. if you ever get into or come across a big road accident that may change mind on the drive it thing.
    as for the livestrong, its not weather you can live with liking armstrong, why would it be so important to you that you have it etched on your body.

i think i am agreeing with you two guys. just looked at the chain ring alone with the heart and it looks pretty neat. I guess there is a tendency to over complicate things.

it would say i like my bike and love my family which is what i set out to achieve.

i would like some writing round the edge though but coming up with something prophetic and original is a challenge lol. anyone have any punchy cycling phrases???
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Before you even think about including the Livestrong logo check out their accounts, you may find like I did that all it is is a marketing ploy for Armstrong to spend millions using his personal plane, not enough goes back into the cancer charity and to top it all ti really only goes to Yank citizens.

I'm not an Armstrong hater, but I do dislike the public being conned with what he uses to blind people with!
  • stokepa31 they are lovely ! will you be getting ones for your knuckles too? MAM n' Dad and a list of slapper's names?

or maybe a 'no entry' sign for the back trap?

pictures like this say it all really....

rihf1w.jpg
  • stokepa31 they are lovely ! will you be getting ones for your knuckles too? MAM n' Dad and a list of slapper's names?

or maybe a 'no entry' sign for the back trap?

pictures like this say it all really....

rihf1w.jpg

if only i knew any slappers to put on my list lol.
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • wheezee
    wheezee Posts: 461
    Here's something prophetic:

You will live to regret this.

Only joking. It's your skin.
  • I take it Michelle and Maddy are special to you so I would drop the Livestrong and go with number 1, looks well.
    Cervelo S5 Team 2012
    Scott Addict R2 2010
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp SL 2010
    Kona Tanuki Supreme
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    Why not incorporate the names into the sprocket, like they've been cnc'd in?

I'd lose the heart and livestrong logo, and the motif at the top - keep it simple....

Just my 2 penneth
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    Whatever you come up with someone aint going to like it. if you put you head over the parapet expect to get shot :shock: my opinion (which you should probably ignore) find what you like and go for it - ive got 2 tats which id be happy not to have anymore -enough contradictions for you? :)
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • mate mate mate,

I had a sweatshirt/jumper/jeans/trainers/hat etc when I was a teenager/early twenties. I bl00dy loved them, and wore them all the time.

...I wouldn't be seen dead in them now. Your tastes change, you WILL regret it. They look ruddy awful.

Get it printed on a T-shirt. When you're older you'll look at the t-shirt and think - Thank god I didn't have that permanently stuck on my body!

Spend the money on your family instead.

...that's my opinion!
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    They all look pretty poor. For tattoos.

Design something that is YOURS and not a rip-off of something else and has some real meaning to you. Unless you actually were a member of the Rock Racing team.

Tats are for life. Slogans and crests like those are here today, gone tomoro.
  • tx14
    tx14 Posts: 244
    i think just a plain chainring would look nicer. less obvious anyway.
  • Thanks for all your comments. I think many offer good advice and i have now dropped the logos etc and gone for something more simple. ive added the latest one which is just a plain ring with an infill picture. the picture is just for ideas and will obviously look different in ink.

http://s638.photobucket.com/albums/uu10 ... o9copy.jpg

Cheers
    Paul
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Pokerface wrote:
    They all look pretty poor. For tattoos.

Design something that is YOURS and not a rip-off of something else and has some real meaning to you. Unless you actually were a member of the Rock Racing team.

Tats are for life. Slogans and crests like those are here today, gone tomoro.

Well here we go again.

What about 'team GB cycling' in red white and blue.

Or even some olympic rings. They'll look good.
  • I would take out the road scene from the centre as if it`s going on your shoulder it might be a bit messy because of the size and have Maddy and Michelle in the centre with a plain chainring.
    Cervelo S5 Team 2012
    Scott Addict R2 2010
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp SL 2010
    Kona Tanuki Supreme
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Don't listen to them, get it done, only twice as big as the original and put some more sponsors logo's round the chainring. :wink:

Joking, just go for it, it is your body and your money.
  • Sorry, but if you're asking other people what they think of a tattoo design you're not ready to have one. It's YOUR tattoo.
    You need to be completely, absolutely certain of what you want inked and I'd also recommend discussing the piece with a few different tattooists as there are technical aspects which photoshop doesn't understand.

I would NOT ask a forum of cyclists what they thought about a design. What do they know?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    gethmetal wrote:
    Sorry, but if you're asking other people what they think of a tattoo design you're not ready to have one. It's YOUR tattoo.
    You need to be completely, absolutely certain of what you want inked and I'd also recommend discussing the piece with a few different tattooists as there are technical aspects which photoshop doesn't understand.

I would NOT ask a forum of cyclists what they thought about a design. What do they know?[/quote]

We know everything and we have an opinion on everything, too. :D