Clarkson and Fry - why?

2»

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    dilemna wrote:
    Anyway QI is scripted. SF reads out the cards occasionally embellishing them a little.

Have you only just worked that out?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Jez mon wrote:
    philthy3 wrote:
    Richard Hammond is a lap dog to the buffoon Clarkson. If it were possible, I think he;d have his babies for him. Clarkson is an egotistical fool to put it mildly. Intelectually and mechanically inept and with as much takent as a hair dryer on full heat. In fact more hot hair comes out of his mouth than an Iranian nuclear power plant on full production. The one sane person from the presenters is James May who doesn't get a look in thanks to the gormless ars* licker Hammond. Clarkson and Hammond really should grow up. It may be tongue in sheek "boys" humour, but the pair of them take themselves far too seriously. It was pleasing to see Carol Vordeman put Clarkson in his place with his plastic Doctorate.

Talentless...talentless?

That's why he's presenting one of the BBC's most successful shows and you are ranting about it on an internet forum :lol:

He's presenting because he's a share holder in the production company and his wife is his manager. Staunchly anti caravaning and CYCLING and an ardent campaigner against the right to roam in the countryside. He's an odious tit. My talent lies elsewhere. We aren't all self-centered egotists who want the world to look at us and go "Ooh" and grown men to get wood because we say something controversial.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    philthy3 wrote:
    Richard Hammond is a lap dog to the buffoon Clarkson. If it were possible, I think he;d have his babies for him. Clarkson is an egotistical fool to put it mildly. Intelectually and mechanically inept and with as much takent as a hair dryer on full heat. In fact more hot hair comes out of his mouth than an Iranian nuclear power plant on full production. The one sane person from the presenters is James May who doesn't get a look in thanks to the gormless ars* licker Hammond. Clarkson and Hammond really should grow up. It may be tongue in sheek "boys" humour, but the pair of them take themselves far too seriously. It was pleasing to see Carol Vordeman put Clarkson in his place with his plastic Doctorate.

if you are accusing someone of being intellectually inept you might want to spell it right....

i think you are the one taking it too seriously not them
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    Not sure im suited to this forum lark, most of the subjects that come up i end up thinking "who cares?"
    God im sooo angry... er... well im not actually. And relax. 3-2-1- back in the room
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • camerone wrote:
    philthy3 wrote:

if you are accusing someone of being intellectually inept you might want to spell it right....

i think you are the one taking it too seriously not them

It's all an act, I'm surprised at how many people are still to work this out and continue to get angry over it.
  • I don't mind it much, it is just jokes, but what annoys me a bit is that alot of media luvvies who make such jokes at others expense can often not handle jokes or criticism at their own expense. Fry seems to throw a tantrum every few months due to what someone says about him on twitter and Clarkson is very quick to pursue libel action over comments made about him on websites. Likewise Claire Balding - doesn't mind making cruel and condescending jokes to others, yet someone does the same to her and it is onto the lawyers straight away.

Dont dish it out if you cant take it.

Well said fella :)
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    My god... how can you complain about Top Gear? Some people need to seriously srs the fook down.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    And as for the Stig...............don't get me started. :lol:
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    No one is getting angry over Top Gear or the presenters. Just because someone points out how ridiculous they and the program are, the fan-boys get upset. I'm also so sorry that my sausage like fingers caused me to mis-spell something while posting. I'll go and stand in the corner for a few hours and bow to your superior intellect. :roll:
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    RichN95 wrote:
    dilemna wrote:
    Anyway QI is scripted. SF reads out the cards occasionally embellishing them a little.

Have you only just worked that out?

Nope, but you obviously hadn't :wink: .

Boom-tisch! :roll:
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    sigh