6 Nations 2011

2»

Comments

• now that was better rygbi from the boyos.

the match of the weekend was Ireland France though.
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    now that was better rygbi from the boyos.

I agree, but Scotland had a nightmare (I felt a bit sorry for them). I'd like to see Dwayne Peel start, I reckon he'd get quicker and cleaner ball out for the backs to work with.

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • scotland had a terrible game. failed to capitalise on the loss of 2 welsh players. failed to defend.

nowhere near as good a performance as the team that played the week before.
    exercise.png
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Benno68 wrote:

I agree, but Scotland had a nightmare (I felt a bit sorry for them). I'd like to see Dwayne Peel start, I reckon he'd get quicker and cleaner ball out for the backs to work with.

The Scottish fans deserve some sympathy.

The Scottish players deserve all that can be chucked at them :evil:

Not balls, obviously. They would just drop them :cry: As Gavin Hastings said, schoolboys would be embarrassed by that performance. For professional internationalists to perform like that is inexcusable including tactical decisions on the park to handling and tackling.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Benno68 wrote:

Inclined to agree.

I always preferred the Peel/Jones combo at halfback. Quiet but effective.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Benno68 wrote:

Inclined to agree.

Agree with Peel being given a shot, but would like to see Hook remain at no. 10.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Fat Head
    Fat Head Posts: 765
    Brian Moore top bloke and a great pundit. Very, very interesting life story as well.
  • cjcp wrote:
    Benno68 wrote:

Inclined to agree.

Agree with Peel being given a shot, but would like to see Hook remain at no. 10.

Mrs Drysuitdiver would agree about Hook being kept at No 10.
    exercise.png
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,196
    The Scot's performance was one of the worst I've ever seen from a home nation side. Wales were good for 20 minutes and defended well but the Scots never looked like scoring. On the scrum half debate, my first choice would be Richie Rees as he always picks the pace of the game up when he plays but as the idiot got himself banned I would like to see Tavis Knoyle given a start against Italy. Mike Phillips is still a good player but it's a case of horses for courses and we want to get the ball wide against the Italians as early as possible. Phillips tends to play well against SA every time and seems to wind them up but his passing just isn't good enough. It was good to see Roberts and Ryan Jones playing better and really enjoyed seeing an ex Pooler player putting in what I thought was a MoM performance in the 6 shirt.

England looked very impressive this week, everything they haven't been for the past 5 or 6 years. Don't know what to make of France and Ireland at the moment.
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    Fat Head wrote:
    Brian Moore top bloke and a great pundit.....

:D

-Spider-
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,041
    Well, what about Italy then :shock: :D
  • tebbit
    tebbit Posts: 604
    I was on my first day of my leave back in the UK for the England v France match, I work for a French JV, in Ukraine with lots of French nationals, they had the match on the TV in the works bar, for once I wished I had been in work. :D
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • benno68
    Well done Italy! As we learned a few years ago, they are not to be taken lightly.

Giant Defy 105 2009
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Right, we've just got the Irish to beat! :D
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,041

That would be the 'wound-licking after being beaten by a Welsh ball-boy' Irish, in Dublin?
  • benno68

That would be the 'wound-licking after being beaten by a Welsh ball-boy' Irish, in Dublin?

We've got the linesman to thank, he's a top bloke!

Giant Defy 105 2009
  • Alain Quay
    Alain Quay Posts: 534
    'Been disappointed by the quality of many games. Few really world class performances.

Here's a tip for the rugby world cup: the hosts, New Zealand.

Yes, they always choke and haven't won since 1987 ,and I don't support them,
    but they have some of the best centres seen on a rugby pitch in a long time
    - Sonny Boy Williams and co. will be very, very hard to stop.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,196
    The quality has been abysmal, England were the only team who looked anywhere near their best all tournament and even they looked bad yesterday. Wales are second in the table with a (very slim) chance of winning it - that just shows how bad the teams have been! The southern hemisphere teams will be quaking in their boots ahead of the World Cup :lol:
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Benno68 wrote:

After the obvious-to-everyone-but-the-ref knock-on just prior to half-time, and Ireland then being awarded a penalty, I think justice was done!
  • benno68
    Monkeypump wrote:
    Benno68 wrote:

After the obvious-to-everyone-but-the-ref knock-on just prior to half-time, and Ireland then being awarded a penalty, I think justice was done!

I guess we've had our fair share of rough decisions :wink:

Giant Defy 105 2009