6 Nations 2011

secretsqirrel
secretsqirrel Posts: 2,041
edited March 2011 in The bottom bracket
Starts tomorrow..............

Yey!

Comments

• Wales are not loking good for it either. we lost too many from injury. lts hope the wooden spoon can be avoided
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • Fat men playing catch.
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Wales are not loking good for it either. we lost too many from injury. lts hope the wooden spoon can be avoided

As a Welshman it pains me to agree. Nowhere near enough strength in depth.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,092
    Can't wait
  • Fat men playing catch.

Better hope they don't catch you !
    Two wheels good,four wheels bad
  • afx237vi wrote:
    Wales are not loking good for it either. we lost too many from injury. lts hope the wooden spoon can be avoided

+1 sadly. I think we're going to get munched.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    gethmetal wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

+1 sadly. I think we're going to get munched.

I'm holding out some hope. Going to the game so I have to really!

Great programme on Radio 5 tonight - on air at Pencoed Rugby Club. Gareth Edwards was on - had some fun stories.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    Fat men playing catch.

Fat men?

Tell that to Sebastien..........

sebastien_chabal_370368a.jpg
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • Mattsaw wrote:
    Fat men playing catch.

Fat men?

No not me lol
    We are an online travel agency.

Specialized Sirrus (converting to road bars) - Honda Fireblade.
  • Fat men playing catch.

as opposed to overpaid primadonnas flouncing around then acting all hurt when they get "tackled" . they need to try a real tackle. one that makes your bones cruch ;)

although rugby does have Gavin Henson.
    exercise.png
  • Obviously Rugby League is the more skilled and athletic version of the game

:lol:
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    Obviously Rugby League is the more skilled and athletic version of the game

That's the one that stops every 5 seconds so they can have a rest right :D
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • Mattsaw wrote:
    Obviously Rugby League is the more skilled and athletic version of the game

That's the one that stops every 5 seconds so they can have a rest right :D

yeah, the one that used to have Chris Ashton, Lesley Vainikolo, Lee Smith, Henry Paul, Chev Walker, Shontayne Hape,

now they stand around with their hands on their hips as some men grunt 'Heave' or run after a ball which has been punted as far up field as possible, except Chris Ashton of course who still likes to show the union lot what happens when you play a league style game :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6W0IqUcL60

:P will still be watching a cheering on england against those sheep botherers tonight !
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,196
    I don't think Wales will get the wooden spoon but we really need to improve on last season's 4th place. We have a few injuries but then so do England, the problem is that regional rugby has killed our strength in depth with only 4 players getting regular game time in any given position (less when taking into account the elderly foreign players that are flooding into the regions now). I'm just hoping that Wales can show more of a cutting edge than they did in the Autumn where we had loads more possession than we usually get but couldn't find a way to break the opposition down.
  • Mattsaw wrote:
    Fat men playing catch.

Fat men?

is that neanderthall going to eat that baby or....................
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Pross wrote:
    I don't think Wales will get the wooden spoon but we really need to improve on last season's 4th place. We have a few injuries but then so do England, the problem is that regional rugby has killed our strength in depth with only 4 players getting regular game time in any given position (less when taking into account the elderly foreign players that are flooding into the regions now). I'm just hoping that Wales can show more of a cutting edge than they did in the Autumn where we had loads more possession than we usually get but couldn't find a way to break the opposition down.

I am so glasd its not just me that saw this point in time coming when regions were introduced.

top flight rugby crapping on the lower tiers and look where its got them. nowhere.

you reap what you sow.

I still cant bring myself to watch that pooftahs game league though.
    exercise.png
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Fat men playing catch.

as opposed to overpaid primadonnas flouncing around then acting all hurt when they get "tackled" . they need to try a real tackle. one that makes your bones cruch ;)

What, you mean like these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo96cFitUFU
  • beverick
    beverick Posts: 3,461
    It was always going to happen when large amounts of cash were released into the game. It's now a commercial enterprise and with money dictating who and where the best teams are. To a lesser extent Sky's billions has sent soccer the same way with top clubs exchanging players for prices in excess of £50m whilst conference clubs like Farsley Celtic go out of business for the sake of 750K.

Perhaps more specific to Rugby Union in Wales, the social and commercial changes have also had an impact and I'm thinking of the decline in the coal industry and the fact that there's no longer the expectation that all schoolchildren will play rugby union and only rugby union.

It's been the same in West Yorkshire for Rugby League to a certain extent with the emphasis now being on a few large clubs rather than across a number of teams. Neither do I think that the entry of 'contrived' clubs such as Catalans, Crusaders and Harlequins (to a lesser extent) to exclusion of clubs such as Halifax, Widnes and Fev has done the sport any real favours.

On the other hand, you no longer see palyers like Gareth Chilcott or Fran Cotton lumbering around the pitch - as good as they were at the time.

Bob
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528

Doubt Wales will end up with the Wooden Spoon. This particular England supporter would be happy to see them end up in 2nd (behind us, of course!) but I'm not sure either part of that scenario is reallistic...
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528

Thankfully the fickle tw*t has buggered off to Toulon, so we should see very little of him on the international stage.
  • Its a good game! shame weve given wales so many penalties!
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    I don't often agree with Brian Moore, in fact I've never agreed with Brian Moore, but Toby Flood was easilyman of the match. What a game he had. Tremedous insight, brilliant footwork and great kicking.

England deserved the win today, but Wales played well for a team tht was being branded as no-hopers. I think they did well and will cause an upset or four in the rest of the tournament.

As for pratt Guscott accusing Jonathon Davis of being blinded by emotion................!

-Spider-
  • not the best i have seen either team play in the Wales England match.

the Ireland Italy match was fairly tediuos until the last 20 minutes. Italy need to work on playing that well for 80 minutes ;)
    Ireland were very very lucky in having johnny wilko , sorry Ronan O'gara save their ass.

the France Scotland match was very good and i think the french are trying to keep the grandslam .

Scotland Wales is going to be interesting next.
    exercise.png
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Its a good game! shame weve given wales so many penalties!

Steroids can cloud your judgement :wink:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,662
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... farce.html

I apologize for it being Brian Moore, and even more for it being the telegraph but I think he makes an excellent point here!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Brian Moore is great... it's Eddie Butler who I can't stand!
  • Brian Moore gets better all the time. I find his comments fair.

I like Jeremy and Jonathan (legend :P ) Could do without Sonia McLaughlin (irritating interviews).

Ian Robertson on 5 Live, is alarmingly pro-English (for a Scotsman :shock:).

Inverdale...............anchorman :roll:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,196
    I can't stand Sonia McLaughlin, what is the point of her? She asks ridiculous questions and appears to have no sporting knowledge. She doesn't even pass muster as eye candy but even if she did it wouldn't overcome her complete failure to do the job she is being paid for properly. If the Beeb feel the need to be 'representative' in their broadcasting then stick with the likes of Gabby Logan, Jill Douglas or Claire Balding who may not be rugby experts but at least they have a good grasp of sports journolism and show some understanding of the game.

I'm going to make a u-turn and say there's every chance of a Welsh wooden spoon after that debacle on Friday. I'd be worried if I were English to as only winning by 7 points against that shower shows that they aren't brilliant either.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Shane Williams comes from God.

That is all. :D
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp wrote:
    Shane Williams comes from God.

That is all. :D

You sure it's not the other way around? :twisted: