• EKE_38BPM wrote:
    CarlosDSanchez
    Drysuitdiver
    Simon the Pieman
    Deptford Marmoset
    Dilemna
    Kieran_Burns

You all owe me a pint.

SimonAH, you owe me a double Jameson and Ginger.

Its obvious none of you read the warning clearly written (in white on a white background) in my original post.

DDD, thanks but no thanks.

Ha! Anyhow, drinks are on the house in the invisible pub over the road from the Morpeth until they manage to find the price list
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Can trike riders play this game too :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Well I never!?

I'm hurt DonEKE

Well you never what?

A self appointed title doesn't mean that much and then passing that title onto someone else means even less.

If the whole of the Commuting posse wish to call me DonEKE, I'll accept it, a little reluctantly.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Wowza, that's a little bit serious for a thread titled FUC (tm).

Chill your breeze, I was joking aye.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Not had a good FUC for ages. Must be doing something wrong. :wink:
  • EKE_38BPM
    Bump

Not a commute, but I managed to ride from Catford to Barnet (about 19 miles) without unclipping or holding onto anything.

A genuine cross London foot up ride for almost 20 miles. Many red lights to practice my trackstanding have resulted in my skills improving to the point where my non-chocolate foot now being almost as good as my chocolate foot was before today.

• roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    no chance for myself as I have to stop and open 3 gates going though Bushy Park.... mind you since i avoid a lot of the stop/start traffic i'll live with that.
  • chocolate foot & non-chocolate foot ??
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Bump

Not a commute, but I managed to ride from Catford to Barnet (about 19 miles) without unclipping or holding onto anything.

A genuine cross London foot up ride for almost 20 miles. Many red lights to practice my trackstanding have resulted in my skills improving to the point where my non-chocolate foot now being almost as good as my chocolate foot was before today.

:?:
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Marcus_C
    Marcus_C Posts: 183
    No chance of a FUC for me in the mornings, too many Bloomin' Junctions...
    - Genesis Equilibrium Athena
    - Cannondale CAADX Force/105/Rival
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    itboffin wrote:
    whyamihere wrote:
    Pretty much every day. :) It's only about a mile and a half though, and no lights.

20 miles no lights and 99% of the time no stopping 8)
    Ditto. You townies - kuh. Don't know what you're missing.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,633
    Chocolate Foot is a barely used term for the foot you lead with. Most of us it will be right.

http://www.doubletongued.org/index.php/dictionary/chocolate_foot/

I've managed a FUC a few times from Central London to Kingston, have to really concentrate to do it though or I forget at lights and put my left foot down.

I wonder what the non leading foot should be called. Suggestions?
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • EKE_38BPM
    pangolin wrote:
    Chocolate Foot is a barely used term for the foot you lead with. Most of us it will be right.
    Spot on, Pangolin.

If you are still not sure what foot is your chocolate foot, when you come to a standstill on a bike, which foot do you put on the floor to balance on and then use to push off with. That is probably your chocolate foot.
    Even though I'm very right sided and think lefties are a little bit weird, my chocolate foot is my left foot. I am slightly ashamed by this.

• raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    Only managed an FUC once on my commute, a homeward bound from Vauxhall to Epsom during a very quiet day last summer. I didn't lean on any fences or run any red lights either, but I've never managed to repeat the feat and probably never will.
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,633
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    If you are still not sure what foot is your chocolate foot, when you come to a standstill on a bike, which foot do you put on the floor to balance on and then use to push off with. That is probably your chocolate foot.
    Even though I'm very right sided and think lefties are a little bit weird, my chocolate foot is my left foot. I am slightly ashamed by this.

Really?? I thought it meant the foot you keep clipped in and initially push down with as you set off. That would be right for me, and you by the sound of things. Other sites define it as, if you stand up on the pedals which foot is forward. Again for me this would be right.

Perhaps you have no need to be ashamed!
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • EKE_38BPM
    Pangolin, you are right. I didn't read back what I had written and wrote what was clearly rubbish.

e.g. When trackstanding, I'm left foot forward, so my left foot is my chocolate foot.
    When stationary, I unclip my right foot and have my left foot in position ready to apply the awesome.

• dav1
    dav1 Posts: 1,298
    I manage it ocassionaly on my 5.5 mile commute. 4 sets of lights, 2 zebra crossings. Get odd looks when I trackstand though :S

I always feel pretty good after I FUC :)
    Giant TCR advanced 2 (Summer/race)
    Merlin single malt fixie (Commuter/winter/training)
    Trek superfly 7 (Summer XC)
    Giant Yukon singlespeed conversion (winter MTB/Ice/snow)

Carrera virtuoso - RIP
  • georgee
    georgee Posts: 537
    Right, finally done it, 14 miles into central London and circa 40 sets of lights, admitably it was from the polling station at the end of my road, rather than my front door. A couple of points towards the end I thought it was all going to fail but nope managed it.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    georgee wrote:
    Right, finally done it, 14 miles into central London and circa 40 sets of lights, admitably it was from the polling station at the end of my road, rather than my front door. A couple of points towards the end I thought it was all going to fail but nope managed it.

He cheated....

tricycle2.jpg

:lol:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Acheived this today on the way to work. A few times when I slowed to get the lights but I managed 45mins/10.5 miles of foot up commute. The only times my shoes were on the road was when I left home and when I got to the bike racks in work. Being on the road at 0(h my god it's early)4:45 might have something to do with it though :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Did this last week; 16.5 miles first time ever but couldn't remember where the thread was! not bad for going into and out of Reading centre