Adjustable Seat Post`s ???????

2»

Comments

• BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    They are great things, although they are also ludicrously expensive.
    You may not need as much travel as you think. I've got the Joplin 4, which has 4" of adjustment. But, when I'm flying down cliffs, or doing something stupid, I like to have my saddle totally lowered as far as it will go.
    With the Joplin, I can do almost my entire riding with it in it's normal position, and using the 4" of adjustment for descending, or drops etc, but, I can still lowerd the post completely out of the way for crazy things.

I can't add to that - it's exactly what I would have said - so +1!
  • There is no way to justify the price - it is a ridiculously extravagant luxury. You will want one until you buy one. I've got a Reverb...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    And by the way, the side to side play is massively over-stated. Yes, the play is there on the joplin, there's just no argument about it.
    However, you REALLY don't notice it when you're sat on the bike, only when you're standing next to the bike, moving the saddle with your hands.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    new parts are on the way for my GD, thats pretty good service.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    It's weird, GD never used to have this problem but even the one they sent to MBR had the loose shims from new. Easily fixed and they're good about it, but it's a bit crap in the first place.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • sheepsteeth
    yeah its a funny thing bout customer service, you shoul dnever really have to find out how good it is!

im looking forward to the new parts though and hope it stops the wobbling about.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    All I can add is get the remote version of whichever post you buy. I didnt and will have the luxury of kicking myself till I can afford a remote version. :cry:
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • This just shows how much poorer I am....... Wife would kick me out if I even spoke of this.
    Wanted one last year with the rest of my kit because I was sick of stopping at every hill, then I thought how unfit I am and that I might have been stopping just as an excuse for a rest!
  • And by the way, the side to side play is massively over-stated. Yes, the play is there on the joplin, there's just no argument about it.
    However, you REALLY don't notice it when you're sat on the bike, only when you're standing next to the bike, moving the saddle with your hands.

Definitely this.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    And by the way, the side to side play is massively over-stated. Yes, the play is there on the joplin, there's just no argument about it.

Some people just don't like the feel of a few inches rattling between their legs.
  • It doesn't rattle though!

If anything, body weight stops it moving or it moves with your body as you twist slightly while peddling!

If you're constantly thinking " is it moving now.... or now... or now" etc etc you'll notice it because you are looking for it!
  • can anyone tell me whether you can use a rear mudguard with these posts or would it rub on the back wheel when the seat is lowered ?
  • sheepsteeth
    just attache the mud guard to the stationary part of the post.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    supersonic wrote:
    Some people just don't like the feel of a few inches rattling between their legs.
    It doesn't rattle though!

Way to miss the joke :lol:

I haven't got the remote on mine, and don't have any problems working the under-saddle lever.
    But yes, I can see the advantage of the remote lever.
  • supersonic wrote:
    It doesn't rattle though!

Way to miss the joke :lol:

I haven't got the remote on mine, and don't have any problems working the under-saddle lever.
    But yes, I can see the advantage of the remote lever.

ahhhhh.... its been a very very long day :oops: