Converting Sufferfest Downloads to DVD

bilirubin
bilirubin Posts: 225
Could anyone advise on the best way to convert my Sufferfest downloads to a DVD.

I will not go into detail but in short I have managed to to do it with Fight Club & Angels however I am struggling with a couple of older videos which are Downward Spiral & Revolver.

I have attempted to convert using the same method as I did with Fight Club & Angels but without luck.

I am using a PC and windows as well, not a Mac.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924
    I've done it with the two I've got - Angels and Local Hero. I used Roxio Creator DE 3.7.0 which is a pretty old downlevel version. I take the "create Data Disc option" and drag the mpeg into the window and then Burn.. No probs with either. I think there is a possibility some DVD players may not play back successfully but I'm playing back on a Sony Blu-ray player.

HTH
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    I used AVSVideoConverter. It's a free download.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Nero 8 works for me on download to DVD but I did buy it, not 'buy' it if you get my drift.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • lastwords
    lastwords Posts: 304
    I just put them straight onto a disc and they will play in my xbox 360, might help some people if thay have an xbox
  • bilirubin
    Thanks for all your replies guys but could you confirm one thing for me.

I asked the same question on the "Sufferfest" forum and was told that as the file is downloaded in an MP4 format I would have to convert it to an MPEG2 file first before I can burn it to a DVD disk.

I was advised to use a free programme called Any Video Converter which did indeed convert Fight Club & Angels to an MPEG2 file before I burnt it to a disk, however Revolver & Downward Spiral do not want to know.

Do you guys do this first because none of you mention a conversion process before burning to disk and I am wondering if that is where my problem lies.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924
    Nope, I don't convert. I burn the file as an mpg4 and it runs fine in my blu-ray player (as I said previously). However, my understanding is that some DVD will play mpg4 and some won't.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • bilirubin
    Dabber wrote:
    Nope, I don't convert. I burn the file as an mpg4 and it runs fine in my blu-ray player (as I said previously). However, my understanding is that some DVD will play mpg4 and some won't.

Cheers dabber, I use a combi TV/DVD in my garage, the frustrating thing is I managed to burn Fight Club & Angels without any probs but Revolver & Downward Spiral will not have it.

I am not getting the chance to see if they will play in the DVD, at the end of the burn session I keep getting error messages saying the burn was a failure.

Thank anyway, looks like it is back to taking the laptop into the garage for the last two vids.