Comments

• cbrsyd
    cbrsyd Posts: 13
    Cheers Charlie,

See you there at 1030.

I'll be in a red skoda and riding a Giant Trance
  • CharlieH
    CharlieH Posts: 410
    Grahame - keep an eye on here as I don't know if 10:30 is ok with everyone else yet. I'll text Ed and Simon to check
  • CharlieH
    10:30 it is!!!!!! Weather a bit unpredictable so bring wet weather gear just in case.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow, regardless of weather as it's been a sh1t week and I need my biking fix!
  • Wobblehead
    Wobblehead Posts: 264
    Bring some bananas, its a long one :D
  • CharlieH
    Energy gels and flapjack packed :)
    Spare legs didn't arrive in the post though :(
  • Wobblehead
    Got a problem

Been in the pub for 6 hours

Bring your tow rope Charlie. Think I might need it.

Worst thing is our lass is out round Skipton and has pissed off with the car. If she decides to get a cab back I've ten miles on the bike to pick it up before I meet you!!!
  • CharlieH
    Well I'm now crashed on the sofa, every muscle aching and looking forward to a curry

I would like to apologise to Ed, Grahame and Matt for having the climbing prowess of an asthmatic slug, having a particularly slow day and I would especially like to thank the god of sods law for giving me a pinch flat, shortly after I commented on the fact I'd not had a puncture in nearly three years (and then chucking it down just as I started trying to sort it)

I'm now off to look at road bikes and the possibility of moving my office 20 miles from home :)
  • Wobblehead
    No need to apologise, if anyone should be doing that it's me for dragging you up two extra hills that you didn't need to be up.

God knows where me might have ended up if the clag was down, next time I'll bring a map!
  • cbrsyd
    cbrsyd Posts: 13
    Definitely no need to apologise Charlie.

What we should have done is wait at the bottom rather than the top of the downhills. That way your exocet descents would have more than made up for your leisurely ascents. :)

Cheers

Grahame
  • CharlieH
    Lol, my descents were only that quick as my brakes were pretty much non existent!!

My quads are killing today so I guess at least they got a good workout :)
  • bazmundo
    bazmundo Posts: 20
    Anyone up for a ride tomorrow? It looks like it may be a bit damp but I still fancy getting out
  • CharlieH
    Could possibly do a short ride (1.5-2 hours) if it's local but not definate as I'm working lots over the weekend. Something like Ilkley moor would be ok for me depending on time
  • psymon01
    psymon01 Posts: 46
    Anybody around for a ride tomorrow evening?

Was thinking of heading over to Embsay or possibly Stainburn
  • CharlieH
    Sounds good to me! Will check with the wife and let you know.

Ps. If you fancy Stainburn, I highly recommend body armour!
  • psymon01
    Cool, I should be home about 6ish depending on traffic so just give me a text if you fancy a ride.

Unfortunately I don't have any body armour; I guess I could just strap some cushions around myself!
  • CharlieH
    Personally I'd rather give Stainburn a miss as I've got 11 weddings coming up and don't fancy risking a big off but there is a loop from Bolton abbey up to the moor then back down through a great twisty wood if you fancy that? It's about 1.5-2 hours (in my case anyway) but can always add in a bit of embsay moor if required.

The only downside is we would have to climb that steep grassy downhill I took you and Ed down at the end of embsay ride we did ;) (and yes I HAVE actually done it without stopping but it was hard)
  • psymon01
    I like the sound of that (apart from the climb up the bit we rode down last time!!)

anytime after 6 and I'm game!
  • CharlieH
    But the ending is not bad though :)
  • clodhoppa74
    clodhoppa74 Posts: 331
    anyone up for some sunday morning action?
  • CharlieH
    Oeerrrr ;) depends on how my legs feel after 2 days of weddings but put me down as a maybe. Where were you thinking of?
  • psymon01
    I should be about
  • CharlieH
    Sorry guys I've now got to meet with clients in the morning :( Would be up for a midweek ride though if anyones up for it?
  • clodhoppa74
    clodhoppa74 Posts: 331
    gah. sorry, weekend fail. had to help me dad out in coventry at weekend and sort the shed out at home, ended up dislocating my finger. yay. :lol:
  • CharlieH
    I've got a rare saturday off this weekend, anyone up for a ride. I fancy trying somewhere new so I'm up for suggestions (preferably with road uphill and off road downhill :)
  • bazmundo
    bazmundo Posts: 20
    I can't do Saturday but around on Sunday if that is a possibility?
  • CharlieH
    Could do Sunday morning but have to be back in Harrogate for 12:30. Really fancy doing the Bolton abbey loop if anyones up for it (about 1.5-2hrs at steady pace)
  • CharlieH
    Anyone free tomorrow (Sunday 14th)? Had a stressful week and need to escape for a few hours!
  • tom_howard
    tom_howard Posts: 789
    Anyone fancy Stainburn on Tues night? Myself and a couple of folk from work are going up after work. We'll be leaving the Pine Marten on Otley Road just out of Harrogate at around 6ish is anyone is interested?
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er
  • CharlieH
    Anyone free Saturday? Got a day off and fancy getting out as I've not been out much recently
  • nope, but i might be friday morning?