Blackspire stinger and spacer fitting

2»

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Someone really doesn't want me to get this working!

I decided to bite the bullet and just go for a new chainset. So off I go to Evans in the centre of Birmingham. They did a price match, so got an SLX chainset for £100.

Get it home (30 minutes later), open up the box, and there are two empty BB shaped holes in the box, back I go.

They give me the BB cups. I get home, again, and realise there are no spacers. But no worries as I'm using the chain device anyway.

So I start removing the chainrings so I can put the different sized ones on. "These are a bit tight" I think to myself, then *snap* one of them rounds off. Can't get any purchase on it with the torx tool, tried hammering a bigger torx ino it, tried cutting a groove into the bolt (I'm not going to use it anyway), that doesn't work. Eventually get it off by filing flats onto the edges and using mole grips.

But it's on....at last :roll:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • bails87
    So what problems would there be if I'd been given Shimano road BB cups.....? :roll:
    MTB/CX

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    not enough thread in the frame and the cups seem to be a little wider.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • bails87
    Ugh, I might go back to Evans and stick them somewhere dark and painful!
    MTB/CX