Who smokes?

124»

Comments

• AndyF16
    AndyF16 Posts: 506
    these new electric fags! still waiting to see how it helps the cycling...

Do tell, how do they work, any good upto now? Thanks
    2011 Bianchi D2 Cavaria in celeste (of course!)
    2011 Enigma Echo 57cm in naked Ti
    2009 Orange G2 19" in, erm orange
  • have you ever tried to light up while riding
    going downhill slowly
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    bexley5200 wrote:
    have you ever tried to light up while riding

It's the ashtray on the handlebars that bugger it for me.
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    AndyF16 wrote:
    these new electric fags! still waiting to see how it helps the cycling...

Do tell, how do they work, any good upto now? Thanks
    Crap.

The five filters that came with the pack I bought came in different flavours, including mint and apple. They just don't get it.
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    as has already been said the physical addiction is pretty low really, its the mental side of things its very hard to see yourself spending the rest of your life without a fag it becomes part of your identity. ive given up now for nearly 2 years, but that was thanks to a 4x4 giving me a collapsed lung- dont think i would have done it without that happening. it was easy cos i had no choice. The way i see it NOW there are some big companies (and the government) getting a hell of a lot of money from trying to kill us- god bless the capitalists :?
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • Crapaud wrote:
    Ok without wishing to be inflamatory, say for arguments sake you were in a public place and i had a little atomiser/spray bottle containing minute traces of: Ammonia, Arsenic, Benzene, Butane, Carbon monoxide, Cyanide: DDT, Ethyl Furoate, Lead, Formaldehiyde, Methoprene, Methyl isocyanate, Polonium amongst others (since you value good science you won't argue that these are NOT chemicals in cigarette smoke?, and every now and again i sprayed a little in your direction, you wouldn't object? No - ok then i spray it in the vicinity of your children, still you don't object because of course no one's proven beyond reasonable doubt that it will harm you or your children
    Scary sounding stuff, binchimoon. What are the concentrations? Assuming they're the same as cigarette smoke why would I care?

Consider this: we're exposed to toxins and pathogens every day and we get on pretty much fine. Tomatos contain arsenic, you wouldn't think twice about eating one and you'd probably be hailed a hero getting a child to eat one (it being a healthy fruit). Motor vehicles spew out more benzene - one of the most potent carcinogens - and carbonmonoxide than any smoker could possibly do. Why would anyone choose to put themselves in such a risky position by cycling in heavy traffic? They must be feckin' mad!

It takes years for the effects of smoking to affect even the heaviest of smokers, so why would the limited and extremely diluted SHS that non-smokers inhale be that bad? Why aren't we up to our arses in dead and dying non-smokers (never mind smokers)?The greatest percentage of the population that smoked, from memory, were in the 1940s - 70s yet we've got the oldest population in history. How is that?

The bi product of beer which I drink is urine, the bi product of cigarettes is smoke, now then would you be upset if I covered you in my bi product? then do not cover others in your bi-product!!

enuff said.
  • dg74
    dg74 Posts: 656
    Had my last cig at 11.50pm on NYE. Went out for my birthday and had 2 draws off a cig and nearly lost my pint of Deuchars (other beers available).

Not nice and I don't condemn it for others - personal choice. Yes, I do miss it when having a pint or two though.
  • AndyF16
    AndyF16 Posts: 506
    bexley5200 wrote:
    have you ever tried to light up while riding

nowt to be proud of, but i used to be able to light up on the MTB quite easily without stopping - road bike requires more concentration though so not on that
    2011 Bianchi D2 Cavaria in celeste (of course!)
    2011 Enigma Echo 57cm in naked Ti
    2009 Orange G2 19" in, erm orange