How do you dry your clothes?

2»

Comments

• My gear gets dried in the server room. Our IT guy has jokingly offered to get me an airer to put in there but I just make do with a step ladder in there to hang everything off.
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    I just hang mine off the side of my desk, facing the wall to avoid offending anyone's eyes, using common desk items (fan, telephone etc) to stop them falling off. Usually gives them enough of an airing to be alright to ride home in. If they're really soaking and the heating's not on I hang them off the side of the desk with the phone and have the fan on the floor blowing straight onto the wettest item and them rotate the garments through the day to make sure everything gets a chance to dry
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    On top of that a person in my office has said she doesn't feel its hygenic to hang my clothes on the radiator, even if it is turned off so they dry naturally. "They permeate" apparently. No different to a soaked coat worn and sweated right through every winter for 5 years running. But I cycle so I am an outsider to such tollerances.

So now I ask, what do you lot do to dry soaked clothes.

Currently my clothes are sitting in the photocopying room in a plastic bag.

I never knew you were so submissive to the fairer sex :P

I would either just ignore her or hang them off your desk/back of the chair but I would hang my jacket up with all the other coats. A coat is a coat and they should all be hung together :twisted:

I think she will then happily conceed that you it is better to have your own drying space.

Or just do what you want to do and refer her to your manager if she has a problem
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542

Here it is, no cycling gear today, drove in!!

Door part open.

5363172613_c4922d4899_z.jpg

:shock:

That is genius. Love it.
    Rules are for fools.
  • base layer + bib = on top of my hard drive which sits underneath my desk. everything pretty much dries by the time i leave for home
    waterproof trousers = shower room as no one else uses it
    jacket = hangs on the back of my chair but the smell is becoming intolerable so might have to leave it with the trousers in the shower room.
    socks, shoes, gloves are kept under my desk.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    I have access to a couple of heated and now empty offices that used to house 30-desks between them.... and 10-radiators.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    On top of that a person in my office has said she doesn't feel its hygenic to hang my clothes on the radiator, even if it is turned off so they dry naturally. "They permeate" apparently. No different to a soaked coat worn and sweated right through every winter for 5 years running. But I cycle so I am an outsider to such tollerances.

So now I ask, what do you lot do to dry soaked clothes.

Currently my clothes are sitting in the photocopying room in a plastic bag.

I never knew you were so submissive to the fairer sex :P

I would either just ignore her or hang them off your desk/back of the chair but I would hang my jacket up with all the other coats. A coat is a coat and they should all be hung together :twisted:

I think she will then happily conceed that you it is better to have your own drying space.

Or just do what you want to do and refer her to your manager if she has a problem

I would die of embarrassment if an issue about my stinky clothes went public....

Better to hatch my secret dastardly plan. But she doesn't leave at 5pm it will be foiled dagnabbit!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • I hang my (wet/washed) clothes in my fan heated clothes drying cabinet, disguised as (made out of an old) filling cabinet!

Weird but true.

I do exactly the same except mine is two tier :D I make sure I disguise it when the health and safety bods do their monthly 'floor walk'.

I do struggle with places to put documents etc., but that's not really important. :wink:
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    On top of that a person in my office has said she doesn't feel its hygenic to hang my clothes on the radiator

tell her to stop licking the radiators then :lol:

edit: random ot factlet when I was about 9 I used to heat up my egg mayo sandwiches in class by putting them at the bottom of my bag and putting it on top of the scalding hot radiator.

the teacher would often comment on the odd smell but as I ate my sandwiches outside at lunch he never knew where it came from :lol:
    Hat + Beard
  • Mr Sworld
    Mr Sworld Posts: 703
    As a Tech at work I get access to the entire building so my clothes get suspended over the HUGH boilers in the plant rooms! Always dry at the end of the day and nice and toasty too. :D
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 358
    Each person in our depot has a there own 3.5 foot wide double door locker to store our tools, kit and paperwork in. Of the 6 of us in the depot 4 of us cycle regularily so no one really minds kit hanging all over the place. The 2 gas heaters have permanently placed hangers above them for kit drying aswell as hangers outside the windows for the sunny months.

I dont think we have ever had issues with people complaining other than a femal member of staff from the office next door barging in to look at something from our window while 3 of us were getting changed to go home!

Her face was a picture walking in on 3 guys all stood around in there pants! :lol::lol::lol:
    FCN 7

FCN 4

if you use irrational measures to measure me, expect me to behave irrationally to measure up