I had a bonk today

2»

Comments

• mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    how did that song go .. there are more questions than answers.. come on join in you know the words. :? no i appreciate what your saying we are all different and experimentation is required. (shame about the bananas i only like the green ones) maybe i will have to admit to being a bit of a geek but im enjoying the whole learning process thang.
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    Ah, a bunch of grown men concerning themselves with exactly what a bonk is. This must be what it's like in the Vatican.
  • P_Tucker wrote:
    Ah, a bunch of grown men concerning themselves with exactly what a bonk is. This must be what it's like in the Vatican.

I resent that!

I'm not the slightest bit grown up.
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    mattshrops wrote:
    so ut_och_cykla, essentially on a short (2hr) ride the food we eat on the bike is more for recovery? Therefore more important to that ride is what was eaten in advance. obviously i always try to eat well, but what i was thinking rather than eating half a banana every half hour ON the bike maybe i should be doing it before i get on the bike?
    Then for longer rides the food on the bike will start to be used as the ride gets longer?

I would say for a 2 hour ride you're close to not requiring any food on the bike, as long as you have eaten well prior to the ride. Whether it be the night before or breakfast. Preferably both. You should be able to ride 1.5 to 2 hours on a full tank.