WARNING!! singletrackbikes.co.uk

conad
conad Posts: 82
edited January 2011 in MTB general
never buy from these incompetent bunch of idiots! i ordered a set of tyres on the 3rd of jan, by the 12th i still hadnt received them. i tried ringing 10+ times through the day but there was no answer so i left a polite message asking for them to return my call. by 12pm the next day still no call, so tried again, he answered. they hadn't even bothered to post the tyres, so with no apology for their lack of customer service i was promised they would be here today. i come home from work today and surprise surprise ... NOTHING!! i tried ringing and yet again, no answer. this now leaves me booked onto a ride this sunday with no suitable tyres. am i really asking for too much? this is no way to run a business. im never buying from these amateurs again, and if you value a half decent service and set of manners i urge you to do the same. rant over.
Rob Warner: "He's off like a jewish foreskin" !!!!

Comments

• not a bad rant for a 9 day issue......

6/10
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    next time try www.nextdaytyres.com

cheap and they do what they say on the tin :D
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Go to the LBS on Saturday?
  • coxy17
    coxy17 Posts: 401
    i emailed this company saying i wanted to buy one of there frames and asked if they had it in a medium if so i would buy one from them as it was the cheapest i would at the time no reply from two emails so they lost out on 800 of sales morons
  • conad
    its not just the fact the tyres aren't here after 2 weeks, its their total lack of customer service. i deserve more than a 6/10 though lol. shame i didn't try that site 1st kev, too late now.
  • conad
    monkeypump, nant gwyrtheyrn on sunday. and im on summer tyres lol
  • welshkev
    conad wrote:
    its not just the fact the tyres aren't here after 2 weeks, its their total lack of customer service. i deserve more than a 6/10 though lol. shame i didn't try that site 1st kev, too late now.

yeah, sorry to rub it in. but at least you know for next time :D
  • Dirtydog11
    Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621
    So cancel the order and request a refund, if they turn up don't accept them .

It's within your rights.
  • conad
    Dirtydog11 wrote:
    So cancel the order and request a refund, if they turn up don't accept them .

It's within your rights.
    i cant cancel if they wont even have the decency to answer or call back.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    Sorry to hear that.

I have had a lot of stuff from singletrackbikes and always had quick delivery and really good customer service. As above, their prices are often cheaper than anywhere else.

I guess everyone gets it wrong occasionally. Reading around some of the threads here over the last year or so, even the big players are not immune.

Hope you get it sorted.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • mikeyj28
    mikeyj28 Posts: 754
    Good luck with getting it sorted and thanks for bringing it to our attention!
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    I can understand your pain, I have just waited 2 weeks for some circlip pliers that I need to service my moco. However, I don't think its wise to defame a company on a public forum.

I think you could say they had a poor attitude to addressing the problem and didn't not seem to be interested in giving you the level of customer service that you expected and thus you will not be buying from them again.

Rather than incompetent idiots, which is defamatory. ;)
  • I'd like to point out we are not a bunch of incompetent idiots. Singletrack Bikes is just 1 incompetent idiot! (me) :oops:

I realise that the service you have received from me is unacceptable. I propose that you keep the tyres when they arrive and I will refund your full payment anyway as an apology.

Thanks
    Dave

:)
  • trebor127
    trebor127 Posts: 246
    That is a good appology for the service you have recieved IMO...I shall have a look at your site when I get in..
  • after that apology I wouldn't write off buying from them anymore. Well I wouldn't anyway
  • welshkev
    I'd like to point out we are not a bunch of incompetent idiots. Singletrack Bikes is just 1 incompetent idiot! (me) :oops:

I realise that the service you have received from me is unacceptable. I propose that you keep the tyres when they arrive and I will refund your full payment anyway as an apology.

Thanks
    Dave

:)

hi dave, my new lapierre that i ordered from you 2 weeks ago hasn't turned up yet, can you post me another to say sorry? :wink::lol:

as apologies go, i'd say that's a great one :D i'd look at buying from them definately
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Good PR yeah but I would want to know why it happened in the first place.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    Seasonal Affective Disorder it's common and affects human beings at this time of year. Keep pushing and asking questions like that and you'll wind up waking up with a horses head next to you on the pillow.
  • antfly
    What is that supposed to mean? :shock:
    If you are speaking on his behalf I don't think you're helping.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I think it means that when someone apologises and makes good, move on.
    What good will a whiny 10 page post mortem do?
    Mistakes happen.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • We are all only human and each of us makes mistakes. I think that the highlighted problem has concluded with a happy ending and the message is, say thanks and move on. Why keep pushing when the guy has put his hands up, apologised and supplied the requisite goods for nothing?
  • antfly
    Who's pushing? He just threatened to put a horse's head in my bed. Funny guy.
  • blister pus
    antfly wrote:
    Who's pushing? He just threatened to put a horse's head in my bed. Funny guy.

don't be a thick cunt.
  • antfly
    Are you speaking for him or not ?
  • blister pus
    cooldad wrote:
    I think it means that when someone apologises and makes good, move on.
    What good will a whiny 10 page post mortem do?
    Mistakes happen.

this answer is the correct answer
  • antfly
    You are the thick one on here. You can't answer a straight question.
  • blister pus
    o

k

:lol:
  • antfly
    Was it a joke then ?
  • blister pus
    well it wasn't serious was it. :lol:
  • antfly
    You, sir, have a twisted sense of humour.