Bloody Snow

2»

Comments

• rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    rhext wrote:
    product.support@garmin.com

So I tried them but heard nothing back so have just bitten the bullet and ordered a new one from Amazon.

Had more snow yesterday - getting a bit bored of it. The snow from December hasn't melted at the peak of my route at any time. At least I'm getting value from my Ice Spiker Pros - already 200 miles on them with a few months to go before the temperatures are reliably above freezing at night.

Sorry to hear that. I've had good service from them.

No snow here (thankfully), but the council have obviously decided to save grit by not bothering with bus/cycle lanes. Worst black ice I've ever encountered on a main road this morning: like a skating rink! Thought the back wheel had come loose.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Bloody typical. No sooner posted this than an email from Garmin arrives saying yes, they can exchange it for £51. Think I will do that too then I can eBay it or return the new one.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Too late to cancel the order?
  • rhext
    Amazon has a good returns policy ;-)
  • meanredspider
    rhext wrote:
    Amazon has a good returns policy ;-)

So long as you don't open the box!

I once bought Palm's first attempt at a smartphone - the TungstenW IIRC. It was bloody useless - the only way you could make a call was with the earpiece plugged in! I tried to return it to Amazon who said "No - you've opened the box". I said how the hell was I supposed to find out how useless it was without opening the box? Fortunately the thing went wrong 3 weeks later and Palm said just send it back.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • meanredspider
    suzyb wrote:

It has been dispatched (Damn Amazon's efficiency!)
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Amazon have a 30 day no quibble returns policy. I sent a HD DVD player back with 1 day to go when I heard that Blu-Ray was going to be the format of choice.

No questions: full refund, all sorted. (bought a PS3 the next day :) )
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    suzyb wrote:

Sods law isn't it. If you hadn't heard from Garmin they'd have taken weeks to deliver.
  • meanredspider
    suzyb wrote:
    suzyb wrote:

Sods law isn't it. If you hadn't heard from Garmin they'd have taken weeks to deliver.

Yes - worse (or better) than that, it's arrived.

Now I'll send this one back, order one from Garmin and then have to wait weeks for Garmin to deliver....

I tried my iPhone today but it's hopeless on elevations. Apparently I went down a 25% slope. I think I'd have noticed!
  • rhext
    suzyb wrote:
    suzyb wrote:

Yes - worse (or better) than that, it's arrived.

Now I'll send this one back, order one from Garmin and then have to wait weeks for Garmin to deliver....

I tried my iPhone today but it's hopeless on elevations. Apparently I went down a 25% slope. I think I'd have noticed!

IME Garmin won't take weeks. Maybe a week by the time you've sent you broken unit in and they've sent the new one out!