Shaving legs

2»

Comments

• One of the UKs best road racers never shaved his legs. On the eve of the Barcelona Olympic road race the GB team manager instructed him to shave them for the race.

He turned up with One leg shaved :lol:
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    Surely most of the leg shave arguments are just as relevant for arms (and heads pre-helmet days), so why dont you all shave your arms as well? and head, eyebrows etc?

Dunno, do you often get post race recovery eyebrow massages?
  • Surely most of the leg shave arguments are just as relevant for arms (and heads pre-helmet days), so why dont you all shave your arms as well? and head, eyebrows etc?

only if people claimed to shave their legs for aero benefits, which they don't so what you said is a load of rubbish
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    P_Tucker wrote:
    Surely most of the leg shave arguments are just as relevant for arms (and heads pre-helmet days), so why dont you all shave your arms as well? and head, eyebrows etc?

Will they help me go faster?
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • P_Tucker
    jibberjim wrote:
    P_Tucker wrote:

Will they help me go faster?

Sure. Can I interest you in a wristband with holograms? £100, posted.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Just a question to those of you that do shave/wax...

At what point to do you stop shaving/waxing? I mean if you wear shots do you just shave the below the knee? The whole leg? Or have you ever got carried away and down the whole lot, back, crack and sack?
  • Stu T
    Stu T Posts: 127
    whatever you don't epilate really really hurts!
    I wear Lycra because I like the way it feels
  • schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644
    Stu T wrote:
    whatever you don't epilate really really hurts!

don't be a wuss

epilating lasts longer than shaving, and no cut knee caps and ankles!!
  • P_Tucker
    RichardSwt wrote:
    Just a question to those of you that do shave/wax...

At what point to do you stop shaving/waxing? I mean if you wear shots do you just shave the below the knee? The whole leg? Or have you ever got carried away and down the whole lot, back, crack and sack?

Normally, I do the whole leg, avoiding my crotch and ar$e. Luckily I dont have a hairy ar$e so this looks relatively sensible in boudoir scenarios.
  • These threads make me howl with laughter!! :lol:

I did this with my mates when I was 13, as I am female.
  • As with weight weenies, I'll never understand the leg shaving thing...
  • kieranb
    kieranb Posts: 1,674
    Do it if you want! I can't be bothered with the extra fuss, no one will care, they'll only avoid you in races if you've cr*p bike handling skills. If you're good enough they'll not dismiss you because of your legs, hair or not.
  • I thought i'd try it for a bit and see how it goes....I have the driest skin in the world and tights really irritate it. Trying to cover hairy legs in aqueas cream is a pissing nightmare! I know shaving drys out the skin but it also makes it a lot bloody easier to moisturise...so.

I just got in the shower and proceeded to shave.....15 minutes later.....still going.......probably should have trimmed down a bit first lol, I dont think hand razors are designed to cope with that amount of fur... At the moment Ive got 3/4 of a leg done....will carry on next time I need a wash.

I think my girlfriend would have left me if she saw the determination on my face whilst trying to shave my horrible nobbly knees....
  • Surfr
    Surfr Posts: 243
    SpeedQueen wrote:
    These threads make me howl with laughter!! :lol:

I did this with my mates when I was 13, as I am female.

Don't worry, you'll come back to us for advice when it's time to shave your upper lip. Then we'll be the ones having the giggle.
  • Touche Surfr, suspect you'll all have to use nose and eyebrow clippers by then!
  • jonmack
    jonmack Posts: 522
    For what it's worth, it's better to shave in the bath as it opens up the pores more...
  • peejay78
    peejay78 Posts: 3,378

I just got in the shower and proceeded to shave.....15 minutes later.....still going.......probably should have trimmed down a bit first lol, I dont think hand razors are designed to cope with that amount of fur... At the moment Ive got 3/4 of a leg done....will carry on next time I need a wash.

top tip: use clippers beforehand when either shaving for the first time, or at the start of a seasons.
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    Hehe I 'surprised' my girlfriend with my freshly shaven legs the other week - but she went to the bathroom first and thought all the freshly-clippered shavings in the bin was a rat! Oops.

Brilliant scream though.
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • My first race is going to be clockwise around an aerodrome, so I'll shave the left leg and stay on the outside of the group. If I become ostracised for my lack of cycling etiquette, I'll move to the inside, displaying my shaven leg. Simples.
  • Gary67
    Gary67 Posts: 183
    One of the UKs best road racers never shaved his legs. On the eve of the Barcelona Olympic road race the GB team manager instructed him to shave them for the race.

He turned up with One leg shaved :lol:

Who was that lol,I give mine a number 1 with the clippers as with the rest of my hair,the missus loves it :lol:
  • The only time I've shaved my legs is when Liverpool finished out of the top four. :twisted: Well, it was a good bet at the beginning of last season ok. :roll:

Shave for the look, shave for the ease of cleaning out grit but don't shave because you wory what people think.
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • greg roche
    greg roche Posts: 124
    hmmm 1996 olympic rider who shaved one leg. Sounds like a Steve Farrel story, but he'd retired by then i think. Sciandri got bronze that year, not sure who else rode. I do know that the rider who roomed with Sciandri at the worlds in Portugal (2001?) was chastised for having fags out of the hotelroom window.