First Workstand

2»

Comments

• Thepole
    Thepole Posts: 13
    I've got one of the bike tools work stand as mentioned by lancejumbo, had it for a few years and its been pretty good.
  • amnesia
    amnesia Posts: 118
    Here you go::

gd-asset_11883982.jpg

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/bike-workstand-53433343/

£50. I have one and have had no issues with it. Very heavy duty and steady. I honestly couldn't do without it now. I also built my first bike on this.

I have this one too... doesn't fold, but I have the space to leave it up. Couldn't do without it now.
    2013 Focus Izalco Pro 2.0 UDi2
    1999 Sunn Vertik II MTB - old skool !
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,575
    off topic but go outdoors have the saris bones 3 in, if thats 65quid tomorrow i'd strongly recommend it, even if just to sell on for 100quid on ebay
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    barnesr wrote:
    50% off cycling gear at Go Outdoors on Friday 07/01/11

Park work stand at 50% off - you can't go wrong. :D

looks like go outdoors have took the park stand off the web as well as the topeak ailen
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    They take stuff off as they run out of stock........ :(
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • surreyxc
    surreyxc Posts: 293
    I went for an Ultimate not cheap but then how many stands will you buy. This will last a life time.

Would always go for a stand with three legs for stability and spend a reasonable amount, Park, Topeak, Ultimate all good. I like the Topeak one with the integrated weighing scale!
  • moonshine
    moonshine Posts: 1,021
    a photo of the Ribble one...

bikestandWeb.jpg
  • moonshine
    moonshine Posts: 1,021
    can anyone suggest a tool tray that will fit onto the upper leg of teh Ribble stand? the OD of the aluminium extrusion is 44.53mm / 1.753"

there are a couple of PArk ones - http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=37292
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=37291
    and http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/produc ... x?&id=1119
  • aegrey
    aegrey Posts: 15
    +1 for the one from the Edinburgh Coop. Just got it a week ago and it is really good. And by the way, it is exactly the same as the one from Ribble shown in the photo by moonshine.
    Saracen Ruftrax2 (now only for commuting, later for touring)
    Cube LTD Race 2011
    Specialized Allez Sport 27 2007
  • eiger30
    eiger30 Posts: 39
    Ouch that's dear, you can get it for just over a ton at Ribble, I keep meaning to get one though for BB work, do you find it good for regalar maintenance Jon? I have a 'normal' tripod affair for routine work but need something to support the BB area.

I have this stand, excellent quality.

I wouldn't put a clamping work stand anywhere near a carbon frame.
  • jonmack
    jonmack Posts: 522
    If it's good enough for Leopard-Trek, it's good enough for me

IMG_7888.JPG

Although mine didn't come with the Speed Concept installed :/
  • darren H
    darren H Posts: 122
    I have the decathlon one. The little tool tray is handy and it's easy to adjust the height.

It's quite sturdy and makes maintenance easy. Mines in the shed , never had a problem with the frame getting scratched either if I hold it in it. Although I gen hold my 953 bike by the seat post.
    Get an old stool as well and your away.
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    aegrey wrote:
    +1 for the one from the Edinburgh Coop. Just got it a week ago and it is really good. And by the way, it is exactly the same as the one from Ribble shown in the photo by moonshine.

Yup, I agree. I got the Bike Coop one for Xmas (£12 more than the sale price :x ). Great tool making maintenance and repairs much easier.
  • BR 1979
    BR 1979 Posts: 296
    jonmack wrote:
    If it's good enough for Leopard-Trek, it's good enough for me

IMG_7888.JPG

Although mine didn't come with the Speed Concept installed :/
    Never mind that.

Just look at the photo...

Look at it.

Just look at it.

It's bloody Leonardo Di Caprio.

If it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me.