Am I the only one at work? The Bah Humbug Thread.

Comments

• Finishing today, back on the 4th, have to work New Years Day though but can do that from home.
  • Here till, probably, noon on Friday at latest then off until 4th Jan.
    Working for a firm that is proud of its ethical trading record, no individual is permitted to accept gifts from customers/suppliers etc. Accordingly, in about 15 minutes we'll be raffling all the goodies that have been sent in as seasonal "bribes" over the last week or so; somewhat bizarrely, the loot includes a bag of pasta and some Pyrex dishes... Emphatically no humbug here.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all. I'm off to see whether the Royal Mail Santa squad have delivered my mudguard.
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • I'm still here never fear :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    finishing tomorrow at 4:30
  • I finish tomorrow about 5, then back in on 29th.
    FCN 6 in the week on the shiny new single speed.

FCN 3 at the weekend - struggling to do it justice!
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Finish tomorrow lunchtime, back in on 5 January.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    [grumble]

And I am duty on-call manager from the 3rd Jan for the week.....

[/grumble]
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Finishing on Friday afternoon....... One of two here.

However I'm going to have to bring the miniAH into the office with me tomorrow and Friday as MrsAH is also having to work.

Arse.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Off from the 24 Dec until 4 Jan. Whoop!!
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Off from the 16th until the 4th-5th :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    itboffin wrote:

GTFO :evil:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    itboffin wrote:

hands up if you can ride your bike over xmas though

no really hands up lol
    Hat + Beard
  • hatbeard wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

no really hands up lol

Hee hee
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    hatbeard wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

no really hands up lol

Ooof right in the clavicle
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    I want to go back to work. I miss my 2hrs a day cycling, I just can't get motivated to go out grrr
  • in till thurs so have 1 60 mile round trip left was a fun drive this morning at 6 am with 5 inch of snow
    "you tried your best and failed miserably. the lesson is never to try"
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    When ...if you can ever ride your bike as far, fast and often as me you may make those sorts of comments, until then I shall rest easy on your puny scalps

WORMS!!!!!

:evil:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I'm supposed to finish at 13:00 on the 24th but can see this dragging on till later. The operations manager has told us this but he doesn't work fridays so we might try and pull a job n knock morn ing. Technically as a volunteer I can go finish when i want as long as the work is done.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • hells
    hells Posts: 175
    Im working nights 1800-0600 until the 27th, got the 28th adn 29th off then Im back in to work earlies for new year. Atleast I got the nights and earlies the right way round, I wouldn't like to work xmas as earlies and new years as nights very much. Can't say Im looking forward to working christmas eve as a night shift though I bet it will be stupidly busy.
    Scott Addict R2 2010
    Trek 1.7 compact 2009
    Tank race elite 2007
    Marin Alpine trail 2007
    Specalized Langster 2010
    Kona Jake the Snake
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Finished for the year today, just as the snow looks like getting interesting again.

Spent the day gloating at everyone else at work who's in for the long haul.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Nights tonight and tomorrow (thurs), then off for the 1st time in history on 24th, 25th, 26th.....
    Am retiring in april, so looking forwards to the rest of Xmas and N years off in the future....
  • Still working.

Wife and kids are at home in The Hague, I'm in the US and we are originally from Sydney, so the rest of the family is back in Oz. I'm working both 24th and 25th.

Supposed to arrive back in The Netherlands on 31st (keeping my fingers crossed on good weather across the US so the airports are open) and New Years in Holland is always good.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    itboffin wrote:
    When ...if you can ever ride your bike as far, fast and often as me

That's hardly fair, you had a 15 year head start :twisted:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Am working today, no work tomorrow (Christmas eve) - we've been given the day off as a reward for all our hard work :lol:

And we close down over the Christmas period so am not back until the New Year

But I am working as I have a deadline to hit (nothing unusual in that, tend to have a deadline every week... :cry: )

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Bad news: in 'til 4pm Christmas Eve
    Good News: back on 10th Jan 2011!!! :D:D:D

(and the heavy snow being forecast may have us scurrying off early tomorrow anyway...)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • I'm supposed too be here until noon tomorrow, but I have enough hours this week built up so I may sacrifice some overtime & bunk off tomorrow with the hours I have over.
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • I'm a bus driver so would be doing a 60 hour week, finishing about 7pm friday. As it is I'm off for a few days (Doctors orders - I've been overdoing it...) but will still be working friday 6.45am to 7pm. Will also be doing new years eve 6.45am to 7pm.
    Am tempted to find work for christmas day as I don't celebrate it. I just want to big meal....

Last year I was working for First Bus and celebrated Christmas and New Year driving a bus. That sucked.
    jedster wrote:
    Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
    FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
    FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.
  • finish at 2pm tomorrow then off until the 5th Jan.

but i am running out of work to last me until 2pm tomorrow......

might bring a DVD into work tomorrow. :lol:
    "It is not impossible, its just improbable"

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • surreyxc
    surreyxc Posts: 293
    lucky sods, still working and working tomorrow and working in between xmas and new year and tonight I will be working on finishing the bathroom till 10, then up at 7 to do an hour before going to work.

Christmas just turns a dark month, into a dark month with pressure and debt. Whatever happened to just having a few beers and some good food with friends and family.
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    I finish at 3 am friday morning , then off work till the 2nd jan as it takes a day or so for the whole plant to get running again so it pays to shut down for the whole period.

Apparently it cots a million a day to run the plant.
    FCN 3/5/9