fave / most useful winter kit?

2»

Comments

• bluehelmet wrote:
    Gore windproof head / ear band
    Schwalbe Marathon Winter tyres
    Specialized sub-zero gloves
    Flat pedals! :lol:

Judging by your username, you need some Merino underpants....
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Best bit of winter kit? The Volvo with the DTSC nonsense switched off and handbrake at the ready...

:)

Cheers all for a fun year. Mind how yer go. [Y'might me coming the other way].
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    My Castelli 'Mannaggia' Jacket. Silly name, but 'tis a wonderful bit of kit.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Probably my overshoes, frozen snot and tears I can stand, frozen toes and wet feet are too much.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Mountain Hardware Conduit softshell jacket and my Five Ten trainers - never had cold feet no matter what the temps
  • Pearl Izumi Barrier winter gloves. Never before have my hands been so toasty warm on a bike.
    FCN - 10
    Cannondale Bad Boy Solo with baggies.
  • It's my SealSkinz lobster gloves, they are just superb off or on the bike.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    The Endura BaaBaa merino wool top has been fantastic but I think the DHB thermal bib-tights have been the best bit of winter kit this year. In third place are my Gore winter gloves, toasty warm and dry hands.

Worst bit is undoubtedly the Sealskinz wind-proof beanie. Its not only wind proof but sweat proof too (cue manky, wet head after the ride) and the ear covers catch the wind and so stop you being able to hear traffic around you at more than 10mph. Which is nice. Gone back to a regular wool beanie, much better.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Maybe my skull cap & buff. Or my dhb tights. Not my gloves - my fingers freeze. Perhaps my studded tyres.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • bunter
    bunter Posts: 327
    Aldi winter bib-tights, Aldi base layer, Aldi softshell - totally ace for the price and I don't have to worry about looking after them as if they cost 3 times the price.
  • bunter wrote:
    Aldi winter bib-tights, Aldi base layer, Aldi softshell - totally ace for the price and I don't have to worry about looking after them as if they cost 3 times the price.

+1 to that. my aldi/lidl gear has held up really well and it was cheap as chips! i hope they will sell a load of summer cycling gear in spring