My training shot to bits.

newtez2
newtez2 Posts: 209
The past couple of weeks have been a real lull in my training !
Its 1 step forward and 2 steps back! Last Sunday went on a 4hr +bike ride come Monday morning felt real rough had to stay home, felt better on Tuesday evening so went for a hrs run, bang feel ill again,
Come Friday felt better again went for a 45minute run ill again, come Sunday bike ride 3+ again Monday morning really felt rough!!
Back to work today not 100% so staying away from anything physical until at least the weekend,
Any one else getting ill then better then falling ill again!! I havnt been ill all year……… :? .
hills are made for climbing .....
Bikes
2008 Gaint TCR
1990 Mike Mullet 531c
1980 BSA javerlin
1975 Trike.

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Better now than in July!

It's that time of year - lots of sickness going around. Take it in stride and come back stronger.
  • Sounds like your a bit run down, have you been training like a trojan recently? Eating properly to fuel your workouts and recovery, getting enough sleep, taking recovery weeks? I usually find that when your run down from training and/or life stresses its really easy to pick an illness us, despite what season it is.
  • newtez2
    newtez2 Posts: 209
    Yes iv done a shed load of running!! training cycling almost every day!
    2 half marathons with only a two week gap, so kinda got myself to blame, my diet is as good as it could be lots of veg meat and carbs etc!
    Think i will reset maybe go out on Suday, come the new year start all over again.
    hills are made for climbing .....
    Bikes
    2008 Gaint TCR
    1990 Mike Mullet 531c
    1980 BSA javerlin
    1975 Trike.
  • your problem is you feel fine then train, you should feel fine wait another day or two then train lightly as your body is not completely rid of the virus or whatever you have. I had a virus a few weeks ago had a day off work in bed felt ok the next day went to work then the day after that was stuck in bed again so took the week off from training, can feel a bit of a cough coming on now so just taking lightly not pushing too hard
  • chill123
    chill123 Posts: 210
    i've got a similar thing at the minute.

train, feel rough next day, rest one day and feel better then re-enter the loop.

need to listen to the body and back off for a while