2»

Comments

• fuelex
    fuelex Posts: 165
    edited December 2010
    Oops! Double post!
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    shouldbeinbed, that's because CycleChat is full of all the angry people who left here when we merged all the old magazine forums into BikeRadar.

Do blow them a kiss from us next time you're over there ;)

Angry people? Nah. I post over here, over there, and YACF. All three have, ahem, objectionable people, but they're the exception to the rule.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    StuAff wrote:
    shouldbeinbed, that's because CycleChat is full of all the angry people who left here when we merged all the old magazine forums into BikeRadar.

Do blow them a kiss from us next time you're over there ;)

Angry people? Nah. I post over here, over there, and YACF. All three have, ahem, objectionable people, but they're the exception to the rule.

All three? Tart!
  • ok for SS and against my own argument: I give you

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12746317

got grit in his mangina?

Though to be fair.... http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12746344

yep fair play, I posted before I saw that
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    SecretSam wrote:
    So, current hot topics on here are people getting in a huff about the rights and wrongs of the student protests and the subsequent civil disturbances, a relatively harmless attack on some "famous" people's car and DDD's inability to keep a lid on his hormones*.

FFS, what is going on? There was a time when the most heated we ever got was about helmets good vs. bad, "hybrids are evil", etc.

I come on here for a bit of light relief (eww!) and now I end up with my blood pressure raised, driven to write angry responses because of some of the spiteful and poisonous things people are posting.

Come on, people, if you want a furious debate go and find a political forum. Can we stay vaguely on topic on here? :(

* (no disrespect intended)

Sam, many years ago we had a forum on here that refl.ected the needs of the users

We had:

1. Soapbox - for non cycling rants etc
    2. Cakestop for Light hearted banter
    3. Comuting - for commuting issues.

Now we have have no cakestop and no where keep non cycling stuff isolated- we have cakestop & commuting chat which is commuting cakestop oh and we have commuting general.

We have workshop under road and under coimmuting - we also have sections to post vanity pictures of bikes
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    OK, am now in a more calm place now that life has chilled out following birth of my ickle niece (a fairly traumatic event)

So I'll accept the variety of discourse on here and stop being so sensitive

BTW - thanks for all the personalised posts addressing me as "Sam" - makes me smile, as per the usernames thread knocking around, that's not my real name.

My real name is...???

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Pink wafers...

wrong but oh so right.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Pink wafers...

wrong but oh so right.

Excuse me?

You're going to say dunking chocolate hob-nobs is wrong next, and then I shall have to kill you with a wet haddock.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Pink wafers...

wrong but oh so right.

Excuse me?

You're going to say dunking chocolate hob-nobs is wrong next, and then I shall have to kill you with a wet haddock.

If you've already eaten the bourbons [dunked or not] then fine do this otherwise you're a bad bad boy.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • secretsam
    Enough of all this biscuit talk

And plain chocolate hobnobs, if you don't mind, none of your common-as-muck milk

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    SecretSam wrote:
    OK, am now in a more calm place now that life has chilled out following birth of my ickle niece (a fairly traumatic event)

BTW - thanks for all the personalised posts addressing me as "Sam" - makes me smile, as per the usernames thread knocking around, that's not my real name.

My real name is...???

Secret?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • CXXC
    CXXC Posts: 237
    can't beat creamy viennese fingers

www.redlightjump.co.uk

FCN 3 (FCN 4 if I'm carrying clean pants)
  • secretsam
    Clever Pun wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:

My real name is...???

Secret?

X