usernames

124»

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Attica wrote:
    You see – it works on so very many levels.

It would seem that those on Life Path 2 aren't very good at maths.

@unclebadtouch - best post ever!!!

My name - it comes from an old joke on an envelope years ago.
    The company that made Garfield postcards used to print the word Attica on their envelopes, it stuck.[/quote]

ssssh! :roll: :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • MatHammond wrote:
    richred_uk wrote:
    My name's Rich, I had a company called Red Route when I first needed an email addy/ login name for stuff, and richred was taken on most sites, so I stuck _uk on the end.

Of course with some foresight, I might not have picked a name with "red" in it to log into my Derby County forums. (I've explained the etymology of my name many times!)

Rich

Sheep, sheep, sheep shaggaaaaahhh! :lol:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41991871@N08/4375746868/

So the object of desire for you in this pic is actually the thing the bike is resting on and not the bike itself?
  • mine ws due to distinct lack of imagination - it was the current bike with the size tacked on...
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    I did once work with a Mr. Head.
    Mr. Richard Head.

Honestly !

I worked with a
    Septic who was aggressively hetero who happily had Dick Hunter on his business cards. Now that is being secure i'n your sexuality.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    My mother used to teach a young man by the name of Everard. His surname was Dick.

Yep. Everard Dick.

I know you already don't believe me, and you'll believe me even less when I tell you that his sister was named Ophelia. Ophelia Dick. Outstanding.

If you really don't believe me, a quick google will confirm that I am not fibbing.
    Rules are for fools.
  • Invisible, inconsequential me!

Cellophane
    Mister cellophane
    Should have been my name !!!!
    Mister cellophane
    'cause you can look right through me
    Walk right by me
    And never know I'm there!

I tell ya
    Cellophane
    Mister cellophane
    Should have been my name
    Mister cellophane
    'cause you can look right through me walk right by me
    And never know I'm there. . .
  • Waddlie wrote:
    My mother used to teach a young man by the name of Everard. His surname was Dick.

Yep. Everard Dick.

I know you already don't believe me, and you'll believe me even less when I tell you that his sister was named Ophelia. Ophelia Dick. Outstanding.

If you really don't believe me, a quick google will confirm that I am not fibbing.

Well my highschool headteacher was Mr Hiscock (was always great fun in assembly with that one.....) His son was apparently called Phil.
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • After track cyclist Oscar Plattner's famous party piece.
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Polish restaurant on Clapham High Street my brothers and I used to meet up at. Still there although we rarely meet up these days. Mobiles are a lousy replacement.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    my name...boring really but it's the truth even with DDD's allegations that it's 'commando ninja' :lol:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Waddlie wrote:

Yep. Everard Dick.

Well my highschool headteacher was Mr Hiscock (was always great fun in assembly with that one.....) His son was apparently called Phil.

I do actually know someone through football called Phil Hiscock :lol:

The best one I have come across was a lad in a football team called Wayne King.
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • NGale wrote:
    Waddlie wrote:

Yep. Everard Dick.

I do actually know someone through football called Phil Hiscock :lol:

The best one I have come across was a lad in a football team called Wayne King.

You do have to wonder sometimes just what the parents where thinking when they name their children? I mean do they think the lifetime of people making the same drab jokes will build character or something? At least with Wayne you could get a nice set, you could call his brothers Lee and Joe or a sister Sue maybe ;-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • my DOB at the end and the stealth elite part is because i likw black cycling clobber and i turn ninja on tracks and scare charv's :D
  • Fourth word in the forth line of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSq8ZBdSxNU
  • It has been said that I have no sense of humour. This is totally untrue of course.
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    Favorite book

neuromancer.jpg
    The guy who invented the term cyberspace and really for me kick started my interest in cyberpunk

Favorite" super hero"
    batman-dark-knight-returns.jpg

aka the Dark Knight
    the two mixed together .. CyberKnight
    FCN 3/5/9
  • I thought it was amusing at the time - how wrong you can be.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    My initials are PB, but someone wrote my initials on a list as P.B. in marker pen - however, they did a dot for the first full stop, but a little circle for the second dot....looked a bit like this....

P.Bo

people were reading the list and going "who's PBo?"
  • bunter
    bunter Posts: 327
    School nickname.... (no, it wasn't a public school with a tuckshop etc)

I went to school with a lad called Christopher Peacock. We all called him Chris...
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    The MD of a company I used to work for was named Chris Peacock and I used to work with a Dr Mike Hunt (different company).
    A friend went to school with a Martin Cox who is supposed to have a sister named Ophilia.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    My dad's nickname for me when I was younger, resurrected after my cycling accident a few years ago which left me with a tasty 8" scar and lots of bolts and plates!

As an aside, there is a teacher at my kid's school called Miss Conduct (along with a Miss Terry, Huckett and Hurry). :D
    Still breathing.....
  • In years gone by, raiders who crossed the border between Scotland an England (and vice versa) to do their raiding were known as reivers. I live in Scotland and work in England. I do my reiving Monday to Friday by bike.