usernames

Comments

• welkman
    welkman Posts: 396
    Many moons ago at the dawn of email our school teacher made us set up an email account. We had some weird idea that if we called ourselves something someone might search for, like vicar or taxidermist, we would recieve emails asking us for advice from the people that found our email address and much laughter and emailing shenanigans would ensue.

I decided I wanted a shellfish themed email so went for 'whelkman' but due to poor spelling I typed 'welkman' and the name has stuck. This was over 12 years ago now.
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    Used to play a fair amount of online poker and needed a nickname when I signed up to a new site. Was reading the Music of Chance by Paul Auster at the time which features a poker player called Jack Pozzi so it seemed to fit.

Stuck with it on various forums and things since...
  • My name's Rich, I had a company called Red Route when I first needed an email addy/ login name for stuff, and richred was taken on most sites, so I stuck _uk on the end.

Of course with some foresight, I might not have picked a name with "red" in it to log into my Derby County forums. (I've explained the etymology of my name many times!)

Rich
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    I actually have no idea :lol:
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • I haven't got time to explain mine.
  • I used the name of the road where I live, because I never intended to stay
  • discurio
    discurio Posts: 118
    because "face raping hamsters is fun" was already taken
    I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Because I'm Italian Royalty.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I have a bit of a fetish for bikes, bike gear & pretty much any bike gadgets so the names says it all really.

Shush now, you are among friends.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Because I'm Italian Royalty.

Excuse me but I think you'll find that your Castelli membership has been withdrawn.

Rapha boy!!!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • I use it on a fair few other forums. I sail and I'm a girl so it seems to work.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    "Dick Chasey" used to be my online gaming pseudonym.

It was a cross between Dick Chaney, who was a little trigger happy when he went hunting, and enjoyed killing people he called "terrorists" (by proxy mind) and Jeff Tracey of Thunderbirds fame, who was, a philathropic, cool, super-emergency services legend.

Unfortunately, the powers that be don't like dick, so Rick it is.
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Do I really need to explain mine? :D
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Mine's a hangover from previous forums and is part Turkish
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    51t3ZZXuAaL.jpg
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Mine's fairly self-explanatory. It's my standard online name.

While at uni there were quite a lot of Jo(h)ns in our working group. I got the moniker JonGinge. At least it wasn't FridgeBoy1 or FridgeBoy2 as a couple of the others were designated :D
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Mine is a totally inaccurate homage to a line in Simpson's episode where Bart gets extradited to Australia. He is in pet shop with Homer and has a Cane toad or something and the shop worker says something along the lines of "I'd have called it a WuzzleChuckChuck".

At the time I was creating my xbox gamer tag I was thinking about that and typed in Wizzlebanger instead.

Now I use it as my standard sign in for most forums.
    FCN : 8

Fast Hybrid 7.
    Baggies +1
    SPD's -1
    Full mudguards for a dry bottom. + 1
  • pianoleo
    pianoleo Posts: 135
    Mine's one of a set I use regularly. Despite it being being a good ten years old, my name is still Leo and I still play the piano :D
  • Mine is one that I used when setting up an e-mail account about 10 years ago on that horrid Hot Mail service (still have it but don't ever check it, riddled with spam....).

At the time I had just purchased a rather nice subwoofer from a friend and was in the habit of testing the structural integrity of my house each day :-D I think the non-UK one was already taken and it's kinda stuck from there.
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    Mine is my old NT log in ID from my days in BT. 6 letters of surname plus initial plus I must have been the 2nd butterd in the company. Boring but it's ingrained in my mind so cannot forget.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • jonginge
    Ah, corporate email address naming standards. Once had a colleague of surname Watkins. Email addresses were first initial followed by surname. He was a Tom
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    richred_uk wrote:
    My name's Rich, I had a company called Red Route when I first needed an email addy/ login name for stuff, and richred was taken on most sites, so I stuck _uk on the end.

Of course with some foresight, I might not have picked a name with "red" in it to log into my Derby County forums. (I've explained the etymology of my name many times!)

Rich

Sheep, sheep, sheep shaggaaaaahhh! :lol:
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    It's deeply dull. But you did ask, so...

I used to work with a young lady, and noticed one day she had a Bristol Rovers ruler.

"Oh Christ" says I, a Bristol City fan "you're a Gashead".

"No, I'm not, but my fella is, he's called Sam"

No-one ever met him at various social do's down the years, so he (to me) became "Secret Sam, the Gashead man". I needed a name, and seeing as I'd invented it, I thought I'd use "Secret Sam".

Because my name's not Sam and my real name's a secret.

Bet you wish you'd not asked now, eh?

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    edited December 2010
    JonGinge wrote:
    Ah, corporate email address naming standards. Once had a colleague of surname Watkins. Email addresses were first initial followed by surname. He was a Tom

I have a mate called Tom William Atkins (oddly enough the full name of the mythical brittish soldier 'Tommy') and thanks to the naming conventions of college rooms at Oxford, he's also now and forever, Twatkins
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    JonGinge wrote:

Could have been worse, what if his surname was "Watt"?

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • jonginge
    SecretSam wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

Could have been worse, what if his surname was "Watt"?
    Nah, it was all in the pronunciation. We also rarely used his given name again
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    I did once work with a Mr. Head.
    Mr. Richard Head.

Honestly !
    Misguided Idealist
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    SimonAH wrote:
    If you add up the ‘numbers’ of the letters you get a total of 83 which is the age at which Dame Joan Sutherland died. If you apply the rules of numerology (which is now finally accepted by the Chartered Institute of Actuaries as an exact science after many years of debate) you reach the number 3 (8+3=12, 1+2=3) which has this to say about me (source; Astrology-Numerology.com)

The Life Path 3 indicates that you entered this plane with a strong sense of creativity and with wonderful communication skills. Achievement for you most likely comes through engaging your ingenious expression. A truly gifted 3 possesses the most exceptional innovative skills, normally in the verbal realm, writing, speaking, acting, or similar endeavors. Here we are apt to find the entertainers of the world, bright, effervescent, sparkling people with very optimistic attitudes. The bright side of this path stresses harmony, beauty and pleasures; of sharing your inventive talents with the world. Capturing your capability in creative self-expression is the highest level of attainment for this life path.
    Life is generally lived to the fullest, often without much worry about tomorrow. You are not very good at handling money because of a general lack of concern about it. You spend it when you have it and don't when you don't.
    All of which is absolutely spot on as an assessment of my personality.

You see – it works on so very many levels.

It would seem that those on Life Path 2 aren't very good at maths.

@unclebadtouch - best post ever!!!

My name - it comes from an old joke on an envelope years ago.
    The company that made Garfield postcards used to print the word Attica on their envelopes, it stuck.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • itboffin
    edited December 2010
    I use it on a fair few other forums. I sail and I'm a girl so it seems to work.

But but but you said we're only ones(s) :cry:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    JonGinge wrote:
    Mine's fairly self-explanatory. It's my standard online name.

While at uni there were quite a lot of Jo(h)ns in our working group. I got the moniker JonGinge. At least it wasn't FridgeBoy1 or FridgeBoy2 as a couple of the others were designated :D

FridgeBoy3 it is then - you MASSHOOF bloater :lol: